What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool. So supposedly, according to Clarke, whomever that authority is, they were making hash in Columbia. Anyone ever see any of this alleged hashish? I know I never did. Anyone ever hear of anyone that saw or smoked it? Nope. And, we were discussing large commerical crops of Cannabis Indica hybrids that were being imported into the US. Not some some small time hand rubbed hash. This gets all the more ludicrous by the moment. Totally laughable.
WTF?
Would you make hash with rotten ,moldy buds??
1645740012889.jpg

Rgd

Veteran
True I wasn't but you may also be misinterpreting the level of commercial quantity that came from the hybrid seed made from the union of the seeds mentioned in the article
I’m not bro..and I was old enough and was there..even in 1977 in Colombia most everything was a wld hybrid

after mid 70’s it was rampant..it was huge..

why bother with skinny 6 month trip weed when you can get two crops ..5x more yield and still sell it all?

kind of like trying to find great commercially grown sativa ANYWHERE now

everyone HA$ sold out

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Promise I'll be quick.

Basically what I'm saying is epigenetics works a specific way and selecting plants that perform in a specific set of circumstances effects the outcome of selection twords the ability to perform in sed environment.
Yes it does, but what you're talking about is niche environmental evolutionary pressure, rather than epigenetics.
Remember, you're going to get drift, even using Tom's preservation over advancement methods. Albeit much more slowly.

cola

Canada is like 90% forests.

dude..just don’t grow in a forest..no one does that
Just curious as to where you believe people grow it in the tropics and subtropics. If you have a not-legal crop, do you think that you can put a quarter acre in your back yard, or maybe between your strawberries. Contrary to your beliefs or assumptions, everyone puts their crop in the rainforest. Just where else would you believe is safe to plant?

Colombia is currently 60% forest (58.5). Since it sits right on the equator, it could easily be called rain forest (jungle).
It sounds like if you did not see any jungle, in a country sitting squarely on the equator, you did not look very hard. Were they planting cannabis in commerical farmer's fields there? I think not. Curious that you said that you were all over Colombia and never saw anything close to jungle. It shows a lot, 60% jungle is there. Almost like we were seeing two different countries with the same name, but you saw none there. What part of the country were you in?

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m not bro..and I was old enough and was there..even in 1977 in Colombia most everything was a wld hybrid

after mid 70’s it was rampant..it was huge..

why bother with skinny 6 month trip weed when you can get two crops ..5x more yield and still sell it all?

kind of like trying to find great commercially grown sativa ANYWHERE now

everyone HA$ sold out
THH can grow big...

1644786946570.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Just curious as to where you believe people grow it in the tropics and subtropics. If you have a not-legal crop, do you think that you can put a quarter acre in your back yard, or maybe between your strawberries. Contrary to your beliefs or assumptions, everyone puts their crop in the rainforest. Just where else would you believe is safe to plant?

It sounds like if you did not see any jungle, in a country sitting squarely on the equator, you did not look very hard. Were they planting cannabis in commerical farmer's fields there? I think not. Curious that you said that you were all over Colombia and never saw anything close to jungle. It shows a lot, 60% jungle is there. Almost like we were seeing two different countries with the same name, but you saw none there. What part of the country were you in?
I can't see cannabis thriving in the rainforest, if it's anything like what we have you won't do well at all the canopy and moist air as well as molds etc just are not favourable on a sun loving plant like cannabis so I bet it's grown in clearings nearby like we do in Australia

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live and grow in a quite humid area above 40°N.
Colombian friends say its like their country without the heat!! lol

I live very close to the sea and have been growing outdoors since late 70s...

I'll be back later
1644787245414.jpg

cola

I can't see cannabis thriving in the rainforest, if it's anything like what we have you won't do well at all the canopy and moist air as well as molds etc just are not favourable on a sun loving plant like cannabis so I bet it's grown in clearings nearby like we do in Australia
Having grown crops in the rainforest for successive successful years I can speak directly that your hunch is wrong. It most assuredly grows directly in the rainforest, but of course you look for patches of sunlight. Like any grower you do not behave stupidly. On the Islands you have the advantage of elevation, and near constant trade winds. And, there are none of the normal bugs. The surrounding foliage is native and not conducive, and the soil is soft clay. You would do well to speak of things you know directly about, rather than not. Everything I have spoken about on this thread is direct first hand hands-on knowledge. No need to BS anyone. What glory is there in forum anonymity, lol?

And, since you are obviously unaware, the land mass of the largest of the Islands is 250 x 175 miles. Maui, for example, is 25 x 40. Oahu is similar, slightly larger. During growing season, which everyone is very well aware of, helicoptors are a near constant daytime threat approaching and during harvest season. These guys are pros, they have limited land mass to cover (not like giant California), and are experienced at what they do. Nothing growing there resembles pakalolo (cannabis). So, you can stick one here, and one there, and hope and pray. Or you can mask it under a forest canopy, or at least in the edges of rain forest trees cover, in lava pockets and divets. Oz is absolutely gigantic even compared to California, so can you imagine trying to be successful in Hawaii? Not so very easy, at all.

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
people grow it
go look at some old HT photo’s..cultivated high plateau fields..just for one

then middle plateau fields ..then low plateau fields..

how else do you think they got so many multi tons..

no trees allowed

please stop the "rainforest "chant..

there its not enough light in a “rainforest"..

there is not even enough light in a forest

you already shot your load when you mentioned over 40% RH and wlds

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Don’t talk about Haze to me ever again

You’ve always taking any chance to put me down … Well , let it be known you’re not a Great Source of anything Haze related

This is what you know about Haze, up above

Lies = Nothing

Lets be clear Bigherb your the one that constantly insults me not me you.

Yes i did post Nevil collected Haze from the US but that came from Shanti and he had also posted just that.

One of the first things i asked Nevil was just this topic and he Nevil told me he had never collected Haze from the US and all the Haze he got came from Sam a week or 2 after Sam arrived in Holland.

I posted that or did you over look that part ?

Face it bigherb the Haze story has more myth than truth.

Haze first started as a Thai / Colombian.

Then it was a All Colombian because you had someone contact you and spin you a story PLEASE.

Now the Colombian is indica and breed to a Mexican.

The facts are Sam has posted that both groups of growers told him a different story to what haze was so in short Sam him self posted and said he has no clue what Haze is other than it is good cannabis and that is what counts and i a agree with Sam.

If you had ever grown Thais and Colombians BigHerb you would know both of these types are with in Haze.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Just woundering has any one growing out THH ( I know Tom hates it being called THH ) been able to isolate the different sides to its make up and really see the Thai / Colombian ancestors ?

cola

go look at some old HT photo’s..cultivated high plateau fields..just for one

then middle plateau fields ..then low plateau fields..

how else do you think they got so many multi tons..

no trees allowed

please stop the "rainforest "chant..

there its not enough light in a “rainforest"..

there is not even enough light in a forest

you already shot your load when you mentioned over 40% RH and wlds
Not sure who proclaimed you an expert. An expert in tropical or subtropical growing? I think not. You don't want to believe something I write. Just shuffle on. You are an expert at avoiding direct questions, and like most that have no answers, strike out instead. Sorry, not taking the bait, dude. You obviously were never in Colombia. Or anyplace else where you yourself were actually in a rainforest. Think it doesn't gow there? Where you think it does? You're wrong.

harvestreaper

Veteran
i see you said you grew in hawai cola loved the hawaian or stuff presented as such in holland very spicey fruity reminded me of acapulco gold oaxacan hashplant mix any ideas of the origins of the stuff on the islands ? if you said already an i missed it apologies

harvestreaper

Veteran
Just woundering has any one growing out THH ( I know Tom hates it being called THH ) been able to isolate the different sides to its make up and really see the Thai / Colombian ancestors ?
not sure on lumbo as such but out of 4 females i had from macs f2s one was considerably more thai in appearance than the others had the most mango smell out the bunch to