What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one ever saw it. No one ever heard about it. For a very simple reason. It never truly happened. Any more than the HT BS. We are talking about very large commerical crops that were being imported into the US. Totally 100% BS.

I have no idea on that one historical fact or myth, but High Times was not the holy bible in terms of accuracy.

They did a Hawaiian story and had all kinds of fancy named buds in the pictures, Puna Buds, Molokai Killer etc. Turns out the guy that they got them from knew they wanted stories/hype and gave some random stuff he had growing in his backyard all kinds of names.

Stuff got sold as whatever the seller thought would bring the highest price. I recall in '74 I saw a baggie of lawn grass and foliage clippings being sold as pot at school.

cola

Didn't the article say they crossed some Colombian indica with Mexican aka Mexican saiva, maybe these types of matings is how we ended up with some of the earlier maturing Mexican varieties I have both seen and grown which sure looked like the had been hot with some indica at some point..
Again, you are back to defending the unknown, when you were not even old enough, or were there, to know anything. Where did the Columbian Indica come from for these major commerical crops that no one saw in the US?

cola

I have no idea on that one historical fact or myth, but High Times was not the holy bible in terms of accuracy.

They did a Hawaiian story and had all kinds of fancy named buds in the pictures, Puna Buds, Molokai Killer etc. Turns out the guy that they got them from knew they wanted stories/hype and gave some random stuff he had growing in his backyard all kinds of names.

Stuff got sold as whatever the seller thought would bring the highest price. I recall in '74 I saw a baggie of lawn grass and foliage clippings being sold as pot at school.
I have lived on the Islands, on and off, for many years, starting in the 70's. When I see people naming any Hawaiian Cannabis anything, I assure you, I can only laugh. If stuff was grown in Puna (District), for example, the slang name for it was, Puna Butter (Butta). Few, to no one knew of the heritage of their plant, whether it was Sativa or not, etc. When I see people now a days advertising their wares, calling something Hawaiian Sativa, I can only think two things: They either are totally ignorant, or they want to mislead intentionally for greed. Either way it is unjustified.

Regarding, High Times: Sounds like you were there. I had acquaintances who knew folks intimately involved. And, they made up BS all the time, cause they needed a story. And spiced it up with anything, including grass clippings.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Again, you are back to defending the unknown, when you were not even old enough, or were there, to know anything. Where did the Columbian Indica come from for these major commerical crops that no one saw in the US?
Again it seems you know everything that moved across a border, seriously man,
Im sure you did stuff then but no way did you control or know everything that happened,
Sounds more like an old fella who over estimates his importance and reach.
Wow you also know everything that happened in Hawaii,
Maybe you can write a book or something ..

cola

I don't know about through Mexico. but a lot of imported stuff came in by ship to my East Coast port city and the local papers were always reporting shipment busts and were the ships came from.
It all came from Colombia. First they were bringing it in on mother ships off the coast of Florida. Banana boats that sat in far away international waters, with shrimp boats running in between. The fast boats would hook up with the shrimp boats. And the race would be on. Then they got wise and stopped the large boats from just parking in international waters unimpeded. They got more boats to patrol. On the northern east coast they picked up stuff from either the banana boats or the shrimpers. Or, just sail boats that were going up to the larger boats with a password, which allowed them to load up. All of it came from Colombia though originally. No where else at all.

cola

Im sure you did stuff then but no way did you control or know everything that happened,
Friend: I respect you. I am sure you could be a genius. You seem to know a lot about the unknown. God Bless. Really.

cola

And, I will leave the book writing to you. Science fiction deals with the realm of unknown. I am just one of the many.

cola

I trust your beliefs as you mine. I find those that crave authority to have an affinity toward power and proclamation.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Somewhere there is a Sam quote about a Acapulco, if I remember correctly.
Acapulco_Gold_poster.jpg

Here here!! ^^ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rgd

Veteran
You honestly believe an indica can be grown in the jungles of Colombia ?
they didn’t grow in jungles...1977 .I was over most of Colombia and never saw anything even close to a jungle

re Mexican:

still waiting for one of the hazes to be better than the best mexican I smoked..

did smoke samples of THH #35 so it did get chosen from more than 10

it was spicy.resinous and goodish high and had some sedation and I did not ask for the clone..

that said:

I await being able to buy some from the" real germ plasm" and give a shot..

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Toms description of a Colombian is on the mark.

You clearly have not smoked a good Thai or a good Colombian because if you had you to would know the differences BigHerb its like compering Apples to Oranges both are good but both are very different.

The imported Thais were good up up until say 84/85 here and the last imports i saw was complete rubbish yet a year later a close friend that went to Thailand almost monthly for work brought back seed that was as good as the best Thai imports we saw. Or the Thais we were still growing from much older stock here.

You can still find very good Thai here as you can Colombians so why would you not expect some in Cali to not have them also.
Hempy

This convo started because

I asked Raco n Flower Power about the Traiys of their Gold and Brown type Hazes .

Then Maha had a lot to say - towards me

I only spoke on Toms knowledge of strains he Never Experienced. I didn’t say his description was incorrect but how can you categorize All Colombian into one category ?

You clearly have a bad recollection and create your own realities

Did you and Many many Senior members Not say , Quality of Imported Sativas Declined over the years , As hybridizations ,Laws and other Drugs such as poppy/coco Growing came into play ???

So are we not going to Acknowledge the Untouched / Non hybridized landraces Such as Colombians & Thai of the 50’s 60’s 70’s changed during the 80’s

My point about being familiar with a specific type you never smoked or seen and speaking on it as such

If you don’t smoke until early 80’s say 82 and Don’t Grown until 87 . How Knowledgeable/ familiar can you be familiar with Lines Grown 10 Plus years prior

Let’s keep it 💯
Why has the brother been growing sour diesel and SCBB if he has a seed stash of Every Thai line from the 70’s ?

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran

hempy​

Guest​

Guys i will say this first off the bat the us city neville collected the seed from or who he collected it from has never been posted on and just that fact neville did collect haze that just happens to be the oldest vertion of it and belived to be the best of it seams to rattle many in this community tuff.
Toms description of a Colombian is on the mark.

You clearly have not smoked a good Thai or a good Colombian because if you had you to would know the differences BigHerb its like compering Apples to Oranges both are good but both are very different.

The imported Thais were good up up until say 84/85 here and the last imports i saw was complete rubbish yet a year later a close friend that went to Thailand almost monthly for work brought back seed that was as good as the best Thai imports we saw. Or the Thais we were still growing from much older stock here.

You can still find very good Thai here as you can Colombians so why would you not expect some in Cali to not have them also.

hempy​

Guest​

No-one but Nevil knows whether it was Sam's seeds or some other Haze seeds he obtained his three Haze plants from, The story he told folks in Amsterdam was that he got them from a guy in NYC who had an old seed collection.

Well shanti knows and so do i as i spoke to shanti about there haze line face to face i was told the story and even names of those neville collected it from what i wont do is repeat it on here thats up to people like neville or shanti to do so if they see fit i my self would not becouse it would only feed those that have an agenda to rubbish and less they know less they can conect the dots.

hempy​

Guest​

Guys i will say this first off the bat the us city neville collected the seed from or who he collected it from has never been posted on and just that fact neville did collect haze that just happens to be the oldest vertion of it and belived to be the best of it seams to rattle many in this community tuff.

Don’t talk about Haze to me ever again

You’ve always taking any chance to put me down … Well , let it be known you’re not a Great Source of anything Haze related

This is what you know about Haze, up above

Lies = Nothing

Latest posts

Latest posts