What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

cola

Do you have any historical evidence, other than that laughable HT article, that Cannabis Indica was ever grown in Columbia at this time? I can tell you as a partaker in very early 70's, the Cannabis was Sativa, not Indica, from ther
HT article from 1979 about Colombia.
View attachment 18833551
Oh im not debating about what is or Waa grown before as I'm sure you are correct with what u say just whether or not it can be done,
I assure you and any doubters who think the tropics is draped in rainforest that there are dry times as well as many dry and arid places in the tropics and the jungles are only a small % of some very diverse areas and microclimates

The HT article is what we have been discussing. That was the reference point for the entire discussion, which 100% involved Cannabis Indica seed already being in Columbia, which they referenced as "Columbian Indica". That simply put, is preposterous. And, as we all know, anything can be grown anywhere now. And, not the topic of discussion.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
They could have been indica HYBRID rather than PURE indica , if in the late 70's they started being grown in the tropical part of Jamaica, why couldn't they have done it in Colombia?
Note : I'm not saying that haze has indi in it, but that they could have grown hybrids in the tropics....

Taima-da

The HT article is what we have been discussing. That was the reference point for the entire discussion, which 100% involved Cannabis Indica seed already being in Columbia, which they referenced as "Columbian Indica". That simply put, is preposterous. And, as we all know, anything can be grown anywhere now. And, not the topic of discussion.
They're you go. R.C.C. As reputable as it comes. Post 3162.
Could've happened a few years earlier.
And would not have been everywhere. But surely possible

cola

HT article from 1979 about Colombia.
View attachment 18833551

They could have been indica HYBRID rather than PURE indica , if in the late 70's they started being grown in the tropical part of Jamaica, why couldn't they have done it in Colombia?
Note : I'm not saying that haze has indi in it, but that they could have grown hybrids in the tropics....
The HT article said it was native, and already being grown there, and called it "Columbian Indica". What year were you born, and were you partaking it in 1971? I was, and I can tell you affirmatively, it was not Columbian Indica, lol !!

cola

According to Clarke:

"Around 1976,Afghani seeds and Afghan farmers to tend them were brought to the Llanos region of Colombia.Hashish was made from the Afghan variety by the hand-rubbed method through at least 1980"
Cool. So supposedly, according to Clarke, whomever that authority is, they were making hash in Columbia. Anyone ever see any of this alleged hashish? I know I never did. Anyone ever hear of anyone that saw or smoked it? Nope. And, we were discussing large commerical crops of Cannabis Indica hybrids that were being imported into the US. Not some some small time hand rubbed hash. This gets all the more ludicrous by the moment. Totally laughable.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This is the Colombian you got in the 70s and early to mid 80s until it stopped being imported in well here any way.

1682071206127.png

cola

The world is an amazing place.
And a lot of different ganja came out of Colombia.(six types on that one page)
If Robert Connell Clarke attests, I'm not arguing
Yep. Six Afghan field workers, and their seeds, came over on a boat. Planted an acre, rubbed some hash, went home. End of Story. Where are the large commerical crops that they planted and grew that everyone saw? No one did! :ROFLMAO:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Sometimes these conversations remind of a friend that said he went to Colorado and all the weed sucked. I asked him how did he manage to meet and smoke with every grower in the state.

Sometimes people grow or do things and nobody else knows. It's silly to think one person's experience defines an entire region.

Carry on.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
didn't sample it, so it never existed
Even though it is clear that the climate is appropriate in some parts of the country. And is attested by a well known writer on the subject.
Weird how some people had fingers in every single pie and sampled the wares of a whole country,
Such a diverse industry we are part of the something can happen down the road and you may never even be aware of it without being in the right circle...

cola

Yep. Six Afghan field workers, and their seeds, came over on a boat. Planted an acre, rubbed some hash, went home. End of Story. Where are the large commerical crops that they planted and grew that everyone saw? No one did! :ROFLMAO:
maybe 10 000 came over 9000 years before aint like ganja began with american hippy culture lol
No one ever saw it. No one ever heard about it. For a very simple reason. It never truly happened. Any more than the HT BS. We are talking about very large commerical crops that were being imported into the US. Totally 100% BS.

cola

No one ever saw it. No one ever heard about it. For a very simple reason. It never truly happened. Any more than the HT BS. We are talking about very large commerical crops that were being imported into the US. Totally 100% BS.
If something really happens on a large scale, ya don't hear it from some author's reference. Everyone knows about it.