What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Trump Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robney

Right, I am sensitive.

Don't quote Socrates, it goes hand in hand with the judeo christian values. You know the judeo christian values you rail against constantly.

Go back to your safe space, they have crayons, emotional support kittens, and juice boxes for you.

Speaking of Judeo Christian values, I have a question for you. I reread this passage from the bible the other day, so let me quote it here

Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life

So seeing as you feel democrats are attacking Judeo Christian values and Republicans are protecting these values, where do these values come into play when separating families at borders, banning Muslims from traveling here, and building a wall to stop Mexicans from entering the country?

Cannavore

Veteran
Correction, 45 000 people die because they made poor choices, and didn't get health insurance ( quite possibly due to the skyrocketing costs under Obamacare)

If you make poor choices, it's your fault. I know personal responsibility isn't very popular.

It's not the government's job to fix your mistakes. If their are no consequence people never learn. That's how you wind up with a presidential candidate like Hillary Clinton. If you raised children this way, they would run around like uncivilized savages.

how are you supposed to learn from your actions if you're dead lmao.

You do realize we're the only "first world" country that has tens of thousands of people die each year simply because they cannot afford the sky high prices being charged. And it has next to nothing to do with Obamacare, because Obamacare curbed rising premium costs by 17% during those 8 years. Without Obamacare it would have been even higher. I sometimes think people forget what health insurance was like before obamacare and what the overall sentiments of our health care system was before obamacare (people overwhelmingly hated it meanwhile obamacare is AGAIN polling well as it's on the chopping block and people realize what the alternative is).

Not that I'm one for anecdotes but here's a few that should get you concerned....

Like the Nobel prize winning physicist who sold his nobel prize in 2015 to pay for a $700k medical bill. That's just disgusting.

There's a popular charity fundraiser taking place on instagram right now for an autistic boy who has streptococcus in his brain. The cure/treatment costs $32,000 and they cannot afford it and have to resort to charity. Charity isn't a guarantee and the boys life and well being should not be in the hands of the chance of people feeling charitable. I could only imagine how stressful that situation is. A helpless parent basically just twiddling her thumbs hoping and praying there are kind people in this world who will help her.

This type of shit only happens in the US.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's not just the insurance companies, the drug companies milk it with the highest drug prices in the world. The trickle down effect right? If they make ridiculous amounts of money a few crumbs might fall off the table for the little people. If citizens die because they can't afford the drugs, oh well.

packerfan79

Veteran
Speaking of Judeo Christian values, I have a question for you. I reread this passage from the bible the other day, so let me quote it here

Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life

So seeing as you feel democrats are attacking Judeo Christian values and Republicans are protecting these values, where do these values come into play when separating families at borders, banning Muslims from traveling here, and building a wall to stop Mexicans from entering the country?

The bible also says obey man's law as you would God law. Also, conservatives give much greater amounts of charity.

In reality, I have no problem with legal immigration. I would be open to a greater immigration if we didn't have a welfare state. Assimilation is required as part of immigration. You come to America to become an American.

packerfan79

Veteran
It's not just the insurance companies, the drug companies milk it with the highest drug prices in the world. The trickle down effect right? If they make ridiculous amounts of money a few crumbs might fall off the table for the little people. If citizens die because they can't afford the drugs, oh well.

It's called supply side economics, not trickle down.

What you are referring to is corporatism, I would do away with the lobbyist.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's called supply side economics, not trickle down.

What you are referring to is corporatism, I would do away with the lobbyist.

Call it what you want. Corporatism is out of control. So long as our Washingtonians get their piece of the pie, it' ok. Doesn't matter if Americans are dying out of the greed of others.

Lobbyists are just the middlemen.

Cannavore

Veteran
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." - Giovanni Gentile, Enciclopedia Treccani

packerfan79

Veteran
how are you supposed to learn from your actions if you're dead lmao.

You do realize we're the only "first world" country that has tens of thousands of people die each year simply because they cannot afford the sky high prices being charged. And it has next to nothing to do with Obamacare, because Obamacare curbed rising premium costs by 17% during those 8 years. Without Obamacare it would have been even higher. I sometimes think people forget what health insurance was like before obamacare and what the overall sentiments of our health care system was before obamacare (people overwhelmingly hated it meanwhile obamacare is AGAIN polling well as it's on the chopping block and people realize what the alternative is).

Not that I'm one for anecdotes but here's a few that should get you concerned....

Like the Nobel prize winning physicist who sold his nobel prize in 2015 to pay for a $700k medical bill. That's just disgusting.

There's a popular charity fundraiser taking place on instagram right now for an autistic boy who has streptococcus in his brain. The cure/treatment costs $32,000 and they cannot afford it and have to resort to charity. Charity isn't a guarantee and the boys life and well being should not be in the hands of the chance of people feeling charitable. I could only imagine how stressful that situation is. A helpless parent basically just twiddling her thumbs hoping and praying there are kind people in this world who will help her.

This type of shit only happens in the US.

If it only happens in the U.S. take a quick trip to the Sudan and get better healthcare.

I have kids, an autistic child also. Here's the kicker. Wait for it.

My kids are my responsibility. Period.

Obamacare caused skyrocketing health costs in my family. That's a fact Jack. My parents insurance went from 200 a month, with a low deductible, to 1200$ a month, and an 11,000$ annual out of pocket.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
everyone on medicare would be a good step for you guys. get rid of all the massive beaurocracy you have in the healthcare business. have 1 central beaurocracy that runs the whole thing on a non profit basis that gets its books checked by 2 different auditors every 6 months, at the same time is forced to have the books open online. not medical records, but the profits and expenses, specially the spending should be open to all citizens view. this will save a huge amount of money, you could pay nurses better and buy better equipment, treat patients quicker and avoid all the money going to greedy stockholders instead of benefiting the population as a whole by giving the lower premiums.

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I lived in a country with national health care for years. My wife also worked as a nurse. I would be surprised if you could come up with a true derogatory statement about any of the well managed countries.

igrowone

Veteran
I lived in a country with national health care for years. My wife also worked as a nurse. I would be surprised if you could come up with a true derogatory statement about any of the well managed countries.

we had a member here that raved about how good the system was in Italy
and he was dead set against socialized medicine in the usa because socialized medicine was crap
it's really become that religious

Mengsk

"where do these values come into play when separating families at borders, banning Muslims from traveling here, and building a wall ..."

People are on here reciting bible verses, I did not come here to read about political events or whatever is being broadcast on cnn etc. It is starting to look like overpopulation, gentrification, "land race" is not actually about a plant species. California might seem nice, even if it has gotten worse in the past decade or two it still might be one of the more accepting areas as far as cultures or different ethnicities living together. The real estate price cannot raise any higher, especially with recreational cannabis price valuation. I've lived in this space my entire adult life and to me this plant is 100% synonymous with equality for people. Some might need a United States history lesson. Where I was raised we did not learn about Paul Revere, that was a new thing to me when I met some people in the midwest. No matter the frequency or number of posts on here, all hate crimes and discrimination are strictly discouraged and prohibited as far as I know. Some of the views expressed here do not represent those of everyone in the cannabis community namely me. The news media perpetuates or wishes to create what I guess you may call an image of reality, however it is far from reality or in other words what is happening in everyone's daily lives. More like seeing the power structure and propaganda mill in action. That isn't an issue easy to take a neutral position on. Stirring the pot simply for the sake of doing so isn't really my thing but I'm half wondering if we're reaching a tipping point where more people will communicate and 'wake up,' something something sheeple, or if I'm mostly stuck dealing with worse smog and traffic the less frequent times I leave my house. Some kind of irony of leaving the city to become a suburban or country person while the city has lost all of its alluring quality (diversity). As an organic sustainable gardener promoting the same, it's pretty clear what I'm saying views opinions etc.

Health care is just people making themselves sick in the US and other parts of developed world whether unknowingly, victimized, or intentionally. Citing costs is little more than a distraction from people's activities, motivation or lack thereof.

Last edited:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everyone on medicare would be a good step for you guys. get rid of all the massive beaurocracy you have in the healthcare business. have 1 central beaurocracy that runs the whole thing on a non profit basis that gets its booked checked by 2 different auditors every 6 months, at the same time is forced to have the books open online. not medical records but the profits and expenses, specially the spending should be open to all citizens view. this will save a huge amount of money, you could pay nurses better and buy better equipment, treat patients quicker and avoid all the money going to greedy stockholders instead of benefiting the population as a whole by giving the lower premiums.

The total Federal budget is $3.8 trillion dollars per year. The study used by Bernie to support his medicare-for-all notion (the lowest cost projection that has been made) estimates the cost over 10 years to be $32.6 trillion, or $3.26 trillion/year.

Doubling the entire existing tax structure doesn't cover the tab.

https://www.mercatus.org/bridge/com...lan-would-cost-federal-government-32-trillion

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
In 2017, Medicare benefit payments totaled $702 billion.

Your numbers are in lala land.

packerfan79

Veteran
In 2017, Medicare benefit payments totaled $702 billion.

Your numbers are in lala land.

702 billion dollars and that's for the current 44million or roughly 15% of the population that is on Medicare. 3 trillion would be a conservative estimate, especially considering the scale of this nation. Most Scandinavian countries are around the population of New York city, or L.A. metro area. I don't believe you can scale a healthy care system for 20 million people to 325 million people without having massive shortages. It's pretty damn hard to find a doctor that will take Medicare now, add the other 85 % of the population. Watch a mass exodus of the medical profession happen in 5-10 years.

You would without question destroy our economy, and create civil unrest. Very few Americans would stand for the taxes that are levied in the countries that have as you say better healthcare. You could tax the top earners at 100percent and not put a dent in the cost.medicare for all will be paid for almost exclusively by the middle class. How many middle class americans do you think can afford to pay a 50-60 % effective tax rate?

Is that better than the sarcastic asshole responses?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I don't think so. Medicare pays for all over 65, the handicapped and the disabled. This is by far the most medically expensive segment of US citizens. If the program was done in an intelligent way, modeled after countries that have experience and success, costs would come way down. Lawyers and insurance companies consume a large part of the current medical dollar, So guess why the propaganda is so deep against change.

50-60% gets free college and a real retirement too.

St. Phatty

everyone on medicare would be a good step for you guys. get rid of all the massive beaurocracy you have in the healthcare business.

I appreciate what you're saying. $35 for a doctor's visit in Vancouver or Mexico. Paperwork = 1 receipt & 1 page of notes.

Medicare is VERY paperwork intensive. I'm not sure how much of that is baked into Medicare and how much is just abysmally inefficient clinics & hospitals.

packerfan79

Veteran
I don't think so. Medicare pays for all over 65, the handicapped and the disabled. This is by far the most medically expensive segment of US citizens. If the program was done in an intelligent way, modeled after countries that have experience and success, costs would come way down. Lawyers and insurance companies consume a large part of the current medical dollar, So guess why the propaganda is so deep against change.

50-60% gets free college and a real retirement too.
Check your numbers 44 million or 15percent of the population as of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.