What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Sticky Sat

Hello guys :)

Few more shots of the girls at 34 days in flo...

O (Agent Orange x Congo) Almost done enough for my taste...
attachment.php

Bango (O x Bangi Haze) She'll take a bit longer but her super clean energizing high is worth the wait...
attachment.php

O 88 (O x (O x Bango)) Haven't tried this pheno yet as the plant from seed broke during a tropical storm when hardly 4 weeks in flo...
attachment.php

Silver Pearls sprouts. Not a vigorous strain from the beginning, and years of inbreeding didn't improve that... It would help to have some sun instead of the grey days stretch we're having at the moment... Can't wait to see them start growing...
attachment.php

Cheers all :)

Attachments

• Bango sunny close up 22-07.jpg
    Bango sunny close up 22-07.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 33
  • O 88 close 22-07.jpg
    O 88 close 22-07.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 34
  • SP 22-07.jpg
    SP 22-07.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 31
  • O close 22-07.jpg
    O close 22-07.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 37

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i've found a good formula for getting me to the place i like lately:

smoke a sativa-leaning hybrid (especially one that has a bit of psychedelia on its own) right after a bowl of something related to chemdawg/ sour diesel.

i first found this effect when i wanted sommething thicker/ denser than the durban-thai-highflyer x c99 i was smoking a few months ago... was a great, clear high for daytime, but didn't fill in all the blanks.

i smoked some (stardawg? i forget which chemdawg cross) and my visual field turned totally sci-fi-cartoon.

i've tried it a few times with various combos, and it works most every time.

recently i've had super lemon haze (not fully sativa, but very good and still clears up with no couchlock), which has a drifty/ dissociating feel to it. been smoking it after hitting the sour diesel (puts me in a dreamy state), and the experience is quite floaty and dreamy. hard to focus on anything, everything looks and feels like i am on a mild dose of dissociative. things look flatter and like i'm in a fake world.

now if only i had a formula down for profound/ trippy headspace...

therevverend

Veteran
Silver Pearl really takes me back. The first pot plant I saw growing under a light indoors was Silver Pearl. A friend went to Amsterdam and smuggled back seeds. Along with Northern Lights it was one of the first strains I saw cultivated, and strains that were actually from breeders in Europe. Exciting stuff in those days.

I remember it being a bit stalky and lanky, frosty and perfect for outdoors in the PNW. Nice clean smell and high. Really looking forward to seeing how they progress Sticky Sat, I'm guessing the strain has changed a bit over the years.

Your other stuff looks great. I wish I could smell the Agent Orange x Congo I bet it's nice right now. Still a lot of white hairs, let those caylxes swell up a bit before you take it. I'll bet over the next week it'll develop some deep complex orange flavors you'd miss if you take it early. Of course you have mold to worry about in your environment, plus we all have our own tastes. It's hard because I like a plant that's started turning color and is close to senescence but plants lose their mold resistance as soon as they enter senescence. It's always a tricky dance between best yield, flavor, quality, and health of the flowers. Throw in a bit of rip off paranoia and I can have a lot on my mind at harvest time.

Sticky Sat

Silver Pearl really takes me back. The first pot plant I saw growing under a light indoors was Silver Pearl. A friend went to Amsterdam and smuggled back seeds. Along with Northern Lights it was one of the first strains I saw cultivated, and strains that were actually from breeders in Europe. Exciting stuff in those days.

I remember it being a bit stalky and lanky, frosty and perfect for outdoors in the PNW. Nice clean smell and high. Really looking forward to seeing how they progress Sticky Sat, I'm guessing the strain has changed a bit over the years.

Your other stuff looks great. I wish I could smell the Agent Orange x Congo I bet it's nice right now. Still a lot of white hairs, let those caylxes swell up a bit before you take it. I'll bet over the next week it'll develop some deep complex orange flavors you'd miss if you take it early. Of course you have mold to worry about in your environment, plus we all have our own tastes. It's hard because I like a plant that's started turning color and is close to senescence but plants lose their mold resistance as soon as they enter senescence. It's always a tricky dance between best yield, flavor, quality, and health of the flowers. Throw in a bit of rip off paranoia and I can have a lot on my mind at harvest time.

Hi Revverend :)

Thanks for the kind words... :)

It's been exactly the same for me... a friend went to Amsterdam and brought me back the SP and NL in 88... Until then i'd been growing old Hawaiian and South American sativa strains without realizing the gems they were... The High Times on Cannabis Castle had me believing all i had at the time was crap... i was just over 20 and at least as dumb as now... ;)

Your description of the SP's structure is just perfect... i loved her silvery frostiness but the stalky lanky part made me stopped growing it as i needed weight at the time...

The O is an S1 and, unfortunately, her mother had already lost the orange smell that i also loved... Can't explain why but most strains lose their smell when grown for more than 2 years here... They all start smelling like green mango...

You're right about the white hair on main colas but branches have hardly any left... When i can, i let them go as far as possible but i lost most of the previous harvest to mold for having waited for seeds to get ripe... Senescence doesn't forgive with our super high RH... it rained all night and hasn't stopped yet... just a drizzle but windless and temp of 28°C...
I don't take any satisfaction cutting plants, early or not, as i love the growing part much more than everything else...
Speaking of paranoia... i have to leave the house the next 2 days and the worrying already kept me awake last night...
Keeping fingers crossed... :)

Breadwizard

I just realized I didn't post a pic before harvest. This is the zamaldelica 'a' just before harvest, at 11 weeks. This was a bonsai mainly used for sexing, so it's tiny (12 inches from soil to tip). It is seeded with F2s made from all the males in the pack, and yes, is horribly ugly.
picture.php

I've also got the seed plants in flower now, seeded with the bangi males. I'm chomping at the bit for them to bloom so I can test out them beans!

SolarLogos

I just realized I didn't post a pic before harvest. This is the zamaldelica 'a' just before harvest, at 11 weeks. This was a bonsai mainly used for sexing, so it's tiny (12 inches from soil to tip). It is seeded with F2s made from all the males in the pack, and yes, is horribly ugly.
View Image
I've also got the seed plants in flower now, seeded with the bangi males. I'm chomping at the bit for them to bloom so I can test out them beans!
Nice job, you have lots of seeds. What next for the F2s, search through for a killer parental plant for breeding or a Thai pheno? I can't wait to see you test out those Zam x Bangi also.
Peace, God bless

Breadwizard

I view the F2s as more of a low cost fail safe: if I lose the clones of the plants (it already is looking like I might have lost 'a' because the graft is languishing) I have back up seeds to search through and hopefully find something similar.

Last edited:

Sticky Sat

Hey BW :)

Shes doesn't look ugly to me... :) Always had a soft spot for these "left aside" brave girls who still do all they can to offer us their best... :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Breadwizard -Looks very nice to me. Dynamite comes in small packages.

Koondense - Thanks for posting here. Looking forward to the progress.

I'm happy to see my Durban Poison males showing that flowering is starting. There is hope to make some seeds from the Baglung Nepali females. Hurry up guys:
picture.php

picture.php

I know it doesn't look like much, but it's still July. I didn't know Durban Poison was so early. If it is as energetic as it's reputation, and the Baglung Nepali has that happy positive high that Nepalese is famous for, this is going to be a match made in heaven. Hopefully, it will be like a good Bangi Haze, but earlier ripening. Too bad I didn't know about all of this earlier to be more prepared for the Gypsy Thai Stick cross and Laos plants I am running now.

You can see the ash on my plants in these pictures. This is four years in a row of big fires nearby, filling the skies with smoke, ash, and extreme danger. If the fire-tornados don't get ya', the lung cancer will. Sorry to get political, but screw climate change! Our lives are in danger. Some politicians are pushing a space project to land people on Mars. What the F#ck?! Can't they see getting our power to carbon neutral is the obvious technological race of our time? This stupidity and lack of imagination is killing me. How did science, intelligence, and common sense become political?
:snap out of it:
This is the main reason I stopped flowering indoors under high intensity lighting, and drive a car that gets 55 miles per gallon. I guess I just made myself a target. Screw it!

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Hello friends :)

Very nice plants KD and TB. Not the slightest doubt they love your care... :)

You can see the ash on my plants in these pictures. This is four years in a row of big fires nearby, filling the skies with smoke, ash, and extreme danger. If the fire-tornados don't get ya', the lung cancer will. Sorry to get political, but screw climate change! Our lives are in danger. Some politicians are pushing a space project to land people on Mars. What the F#ck?! Can't they see getting our power to carbon neutral is the obvious technological race of our time? This stupidity and lack of imagination is killing me. How did science, intelligence, and common sense become political?
:snap out of it:
This is the main reason I stopped flowering indoors under high intensity lighting, and drive a car that gets 55 miles per gallon. I guess I just made myself a target. Screw it!

ThaiBliss

Definitely not a target for me TB, rather an example... Thanks a lot for that man... :)

therevverend

Veteran
I smelled the fires this morning, luckily we've had enough wind and rain to keep the smoke at bay. I really really hate the smoke but it's part of life now. Roll up the windows, turn on the AC, crack a cold one, crank the Kenny Loggins and step on the gas!

My Bangi is the one hitting the gas, it's turned into a respectable bush. Still has that great smell. Almost effervescent, sweet and mildly fruity. Comparing the picture to how it looks today the branches are notably longer.

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Therevverend - Oh my, that Bangi Haze is a beauty! I hope it is one of the ones that has some perfume/floral or spicy body odor. For me, the spicy one was very strong and energetic. The floral one was very clear and positive. Looking forward to the next time you post a picture. Buds should start forming in a few weeks.
:dance013:
T.B.

Sticky Sat

Sun is such a rarity these days that i can't help shooting a few pics when it peeks... :)

Plants are 41 days

Bango
attachment.php

attachment.php

O 88
attachment.php

the O at 38 days... Pics taken today came out too blurry... just add more orange hair... ;-)
attachment.php

Silver pearls sprouts, 13 days... spindly but they mostly had clouds...
attachment.php

Attachments

• O 27-07.jpg
    O 27-07.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Bango 29-07.jpg
    Bango 29-07.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Bango close 29-07.jpg
    Bango close 29-07.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 31
  • O 88 29-07.jpg
    O 88 29-07.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 27
  • SP 29-07.jpg
    SP 29-07.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 28

SolarLogos

Sun is such a rarity these days that i can't help shooting a few pics when it peeks... :)

Plants are 41 days

Bango
View Image
View Image

O 88
View Image

the O at 38 days... Pics taken today came out too blurry... just add more orange hair... ;-)
View Image

Silver pearls sprouts, 13 days... spindly but they mostly had clouds...
View Image

Great plants SS. I've been enjoying your pics for a long time. You are putting out some killer ganja my friend! Love your pics, thank you very much for posting.
Peace, God bless

Sticky Sat

Great plants SS. I've been enjoying your pics for a long time. You are putting out some killer ganja my friend! Love your pics, thank you very much for posting.
Peace, God bless

Many thanks for the kind words SolarLogos... :)
These girls would sure be denser and less leafy with more sun but i can't help being perpetually amazed at what they can do with so many grey or rainy days during their too short lives... :)
Peace my friend :)

Breadwizard

Has anyone tried growing the Mauritania x Ethiopia F1 from ace yet? I see loads of tripweed potential there, especially seeing that the Mauritius shares character with the Zamal.