What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

I have a question and enlightenment...my plants are pushing 10 weeks of flower, all trichs are covered in white and some are beyond amber, almost red...does marijuana degrade in potency...I'm wondering if I should take them down or wait longer...
An interesting question, the earlier books I read on cannabis growing all praised the idea of harvesting a clear headed high wile the resin glands are clear. Today I see many claiming to harvest when resin glands are opaque. For those seeking like GW said a more sedate effect to harvest when amber sets in. I have never harvested late so I can't have an opinion. I do remember reading once someone suggesting that there red colored resin was the pinnacle of goodness. What one person desires in outcome could be opposite of another.

If you harvest I guess you could leave some branches for a later harvest and compare, I would be interested in this.

I will be very interested in what you decide as I will be starting my next crop soon and the objective will be to have a strong body effect for relaxation and eventually sleep and distracting my mind from pain.

Whatever you decide your plants are looking worthy of any cannabis enthusiast.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I was thinking 100% Amber but as long as it’s been there and as much Amber that’s evident, I’m thinking I should take them down today. I have heard that the best time to take a plant down is as soon as it comes out of darkness to light. Can anybody confirm that. As long as I’ve been growing, you think Id know these things.🤔
I heard tht 3:47 am EST was the best time. 😂😁😂

oldmaninbc

I was thinking 100% Amber but as long as it’s been there and as much Amber that’s evident, I’m thinking I should take them down today. I have heard that the best time to take a plant down is as soon as it comes out of darkness to light. Can anybody confirm that. As long as I’ve been growing, you think Id know these things.🤔
That's what I have read and practice. Harvest before the plant begins daylight growth.

When I think of the outdoor crops when there was many plants, they got harvested when you could.

A wine producer was asked why is his wine worth a couple of hundred dollars per bottle.

He said, it's not any one thing we do but it is all the small things we do to produce an exceptional bottle of wine.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey DB, it's been a while but Cocoon was the kind of movie that could make me laugh and smile. It was a fun movie with good characters. Had a good storyline.

How are you today DB?
I'm great old man! Things are going great. Have 2 cans of tobacco and a gram of ice hash. And $30 in the wallet. I get paid on the 3rd. Not sure what to make for dinner. Have a can of Campbell's jambalaya and 5 minute rice. And Andouille sausage from chicken. If it's still good. That was a few weeks ago. Do you go for walks?

oldfogey8

That's what I have read and practice. Harvest before the plant begins daylight growth.

When I think of the outdoor crops when there was many plants, they got harvested when you could.

A wine producer was asked why is his wine worth a couple of hundred dollars per bottle.

He said, it's not any one thing we do but it is all the small things we do to produce an exceptional bottle of wine.
Light degrades cannabinoids from what I have read. I am not certain if that is only on plant matter that no longer is being fed by the root system but it can’t hurt to time chopping at lights on or sun up. My gut tells me that the degradation is measured in tenths of a percent over a day. For the record, I have always chopped at lights on because I have read what you all have…😂

oldfogey8

I got like 5 of the vaccinations but in the end I got COVID bad, temp of 106
The way I look at vaccinations is I have had the polio vaccine. I never got polio. I have had the tetanus vaccine and never gotten tetanus. I have gotten the flu vaccine and gotten the flu so I don’t get the flu vaccine anymore. Until the CDC changed it definition of vaccine in 2021, it was always an inoculation that prevented disease. I will exit the soapbox now…

oldmaninbc

I'm great old man! Things are going great. Have 2 cans of tobacco and a gram of ice hash. And $30 in the wallet. I get paid on the 3rd. Not sure what to make for dinner. Have a can of Campbell's jambalaya and 5 minute rice. And Andouille sausage from chicken. If it's still good. That was a few weeks ago. Do you go for walks?
Do I walk, not as much as I would like.

In the past I have put on many miles walking for exercise/meditation. I live in the country and see many interesting things on walks. Where I use to live for 30 years I had a wonderful walking route. A one hour walk up and down good sized hills, on a rural road, following the river. Would cover a mile in 20min. I can't do that any longer because of health issues. Now my walk is on mostly flat ground and only maybe a mile or so. I have to walk along the highway and that freaks me out at times. My neighbor was out walking and got hit by a car and was thrown well over 50' she still suffers from that encounter.

Sounds like you have the makings for a meal, just how does it go together.

Many people around here buy their tobacco on the reserve, it is so much cheaper.
If I had not quit smoking when I did I would not be here now. Smoking and asbestosis is a death sentence.

OleReynard

If it goes to long it turns into cbg and worthless at that point

BudToaster

Veteran
My wife took 2 because she worked in a retirement home and both times got shingles at the injection site. They wanted her to take more to keep her job so I said just quit,she did and even though we miss her paycheck ,it's not worth it to gamble your health. She gets colds easier than I do now as well. Rather have less money than her health compromised.
the 2023 nobel prize was awarded in recognition of the fact the mRNA transfection degrades the innate immune system.

dr fauci spent a week in the hospital, "sickest i've ever been", for a mosquito bite.

jokerman

Premium user

You

Sent by you:​

so perhaps the feeling of past lives is actually picking up on the morphic resonance field that the observer is subject to.

Copilot

Sent by Copilot:​

That’s an intriguing idea! According to Rupert Sheldrake’s hypothesis of morphic resonance, the concept of past lives could indeed be interpreted as an individual’s sensitivity to the morphic fields that carry the collective memory of previous similar forms and behaviors.
In this context, the feeling of past lives might be seen as a resonance with the patterns and experiences of those who came before. The observer could be picking up on the morphic fields that influence their current form and behavior, leading to a sense of connection with past lives.
This perspective aligns with the idea that memory and patterns are not confined to individual experiences but are part of a broader, interconnected field that influences all living systems. It suggests that our sense of past lives could be a manifestation of the collective memory embedded in these morphic fields.
While this interpretation is speculative and not widely accepted in the scientific community, it offers a fascinating way to think about the interconnectedness of life and the potential influence of collective memory on our experiences.

ahhhhh, i love the smell of validation in the afternoon.
I might need to save this for next Tuesday.
I have started my Labor Day festivities' and will be out of the office till then.

oldmaninbc

Light degrades cannabinoids from what I have read. I am not certain if that is only on plant matter that no longer is being fed by the root system but it can’t hurt to time chopping at lights on or sun up. My gut tells me that the degradation is measured in tenths of a percent over a day. For the record, I have always chopped at lights on because I have read what you all have…😂
Yeah I don't think the plant under normal circumstances reacts swiftly, other than how fast it can suck up water. I am a firm believer in controlled experiments to determine outcomes.

For me it's not about perfection, I just want to enjoy my grows and learn what I can. From my earliest days of growing I think strains have become more susceptible to different problems.