What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Well, that comment made me chuckle, clean undies for the game, Are you worried DB when you jump up to catch the ball your going to lose your pants or are you thinking a female companion might be in the works. Grandma always told me to wear clean underwear in case I had to go to the hospital.

I don't know about there but I can't afford tide Pods. Purex costs me .10 cents a load.
Yeah Mom always told me to wear clean underwear because the paramedics might have to take your pants off.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Thank you for the kind words, old man. It is my intent on taking these tomorrow when there’s a lot of Amber, but there’s also quite a bit of clear. I’ve been reading that if I take it clear, it’s gonna give me an up high and the Amber gives me a sedative effect. That’s what I grow for is a sedative effect. I’ve also learned that the best time to take a plant down is just before the lights come back on in the morning. If you do a little research, you’ll see what I’m talking about regarding when to take the plant down… I’m gonna be a busy camper tomorrow
I put my plants in 48 hrs of total darkness before harvest. As a matter of fact the buds never see the light of day again until smoked.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Light degrades cannabinoids from what I have read. I am not certain if that is only on plant matter that no longer is being fed by the root system but it can’t hurt to time chopping at lights on or sun up. My gut tells me that the degradation is measured in tenths of a percent over a day. For the record, I have always chopped at lights on because I have read what you all have…😂
I usually chop after my second joint of the day 😁

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Well, that comment made me chuckle, clean undies for the game, Are you worried DB when you jump up to catch the ball your going to lose your pants or are you thinking a female companion might be in the works. Grandma always told me to wear clean underwear in case I had to go to the hospital.

I don't know about there but I can't afford tide Pods. Purex costs me .10 cents a load.
The Tide pods are a nice luxury. Mom bought them. She buys me stuff like that. Not food so much, unless going to a diner or something. Purex any good? What sports are you interested in? How cold is it getting at night?

Zivilpolizist

Veteran
Thank you for the kind words, old man. It is my intent on taking these tomorrow when there’s a lot of Amber, but there’s also quite a bit of clear. I’ve been reading that if I take it clear, it’s gonna give me an up high and the Amber gives me a sedative effect. That’s what I grow for is a sedative effect. I’ve also learned that the best time to take a plant down is just before the lights come back on in the morning. If you do a little research, you’ll see what I’m talking about regarding when to take the plant down… I’m gonna be a busy camper tomorrow
Imho you can harvest any plant that has at least some amber trichomes.
Even all cloudy and no amber is good enough

BudToaster

Veteran
16 weeks…? When I get a plant where the trichs won’t turn and I try and go past 10 weeks they start to herm on me. Because of that I am careful on the saliva strains I run.
I am pretty much an Indica kinda guy any way.

However the Bruce Banner I run finishes in 9 weeks….go figure.
Bruce Banner is next up for me. with Blue Dream, Sour Diesel and Lambs Bread. put the seeds in peat pellets on Sept 1. this is the longest i've gone without having to check the gro cabs every day.

need to do another round of shrooms. very poor yield last batch. Amazon and Nepal.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Imho you can harvest any plant that has at least some amber trichomes.
Even all cloudy and no amber is good enough
For this harvest good enough is not going to cut it. I have put an inordinate amount of love and care in these plants and the genetics are off the chart. I am roughly 5050 today and I will take them first thing in the morning. A friend of mine told me to increase the potency. I should hang them in 60° temperature for about four days, I’ve never heard of that. If anybody has any valid thoughts on them I’d love to hear them… I have experience with this strain and it’s one of the best I’ve ever smoked so I’m taking all the care and precautions to make sure it’s the best it can be. Harvest of this quality pretty special in my eyes… The only downside I see with this particular strain is there so hard and dense they’re quite difficult to grind up due to all the resin inside the bud…

oldmaninbc

16 weeks…? When I get a plant where the trichs won’t turn and I try and go past 10 weeks they start to herm on me. Because of that I am careful on the saliva strains I run.
I am pretty much an Indica kinda guy any way.

However the Bruce Banner I run finishes in 9 weeks….go figure.
A few years ago I ran into several growing problems with my harvest. I decided to order some smoke online from a dispensary. Most for night use but thought a couple of ounces of day bud. I ordered Bruce banner for day use. It was way too strong a high for me and I put it in the freezer. Two years later, last week made some cookies with it. It seems to have mellowed out and I found it useable.
These days it is mostly about evening or nighttime use, looking for that relaxed body/mind effect that leads to sleep and distracts my mind from pain.

I am going to let my harvest go a bit longer this time than I usually do. That's if I can ever decide what it is I am doing.:)
Now, I am working with a new compost as my main soil, it's all new, and like you, I dislike this kind of change.

I will consider a longer flowering period this time. If with a sativa a longer period takes away the sativa effect and causes more of an indica effect well, what happens to an indica if you leave it longer.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
For this harvest good enough is not going to cut it. I have put an inordinate amount of love and care in these plants and the genetics are off the chart. I am roughly 5050 today and I will take them first thing in the morning. A friend of mine told me to increase the potency. I should hang them in 60° temperature for about four days, I’ve never heard of that. If anybody has any valid thoughts on them I’d love to hear them… I have experience with this strain and it’s one of the best I’ve ever smoked so I’m taking all the care and precautions to make sure it’s the best it can be. Harvest of this quality pretty special in my eyes… The only downside I see with this particular strain is there so hard and dense they’re quite difficult to grind up due to all the resin inside the bud…
Pute does the dark hours thing

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
It’s hard finding 60F around here this time of year for me but I do bring them in my spare bathroom shower. Arlo says that tile is pretty cool so that’s about as cool as I can get it without driving our electric bill up and freezing us outta here

Latest posts

Latest posts