What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I wanna see the new little league movie. Smalls is staring in it.
‘it’s a kids movie. Wonder if Doober has enough money to take me. I require popcorn a drink and a chocolate bar too.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Nice moonrise this evening.
IMG_20240817_204352_7.jpg

IMG_20240817_203632_3.jpg
IMG_20240817_203724_5.jpg

Unca Walt

420club
Xie xie. Shangwu hao
Back in the Olden Days, I learned Mandarin with the Yale Romanization.

So when I learned it "xie xie" was spelled "sye sye". Ma fan ni le. :giggle:

For getting $$ usage out of learning the lingo, I had plans to open an American Hand Laundry when the Chinese took over... Now I am too fargin old, and I have forgotten 90% of my vocabulary anyway.

We useta greet each other on the streets of New Haven with: "Dzemma yang, tsao muchin ren?" <-- "What's happening, mutha-fukker?"

We had to learn the culture, also. So we would not be typical "Big Noses" (da biz). But we also were definitely not to be suck-ups** to those we will meet.

** This was weird to us Big Noses: "pai ma pi" <-- Literally, patting a horse's ass means being a brown-noser.

Gawd, how much I have forgotten. I can no longer converse.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

At my age and health conditions, the flu is not welcome, the last time I had it was over twenty years ago. They called it the Australian Flu. I was so sick my hair hurt. Now, it's easy for me to think of the fragile nature of my health, the asbestosis playing hell on my immune system and try to protect myself and my wife who has serious health issues, she also takes immune suppressant drugs.

Now there are 2 people in the home with chronic lung disease. When my wife had covid it wasn't too intense, I never caught it but I kept my distance. If I went into her room I would wear a mask but around everywhere else no mask. I also asked her if I could have 1 room she did not go in, she agreed. We try to protect each other.
I can see how your reaction to the vaccine would put you off. It would me. Since my wife moved here from Texas about 25 years ago, I have had numerous vaccines fortunately with no ill effects.

Hi OldMan,

I ended up lying in horsepiddle on a drip for 2 weeks with that flu I had 20odd years ago, that destroyed my lungs, took years to get them back to life and "normal" albeit not 100%, far from it.

How is your better half doing now?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Back to gorgeous days, starting at 59F and predicted to reach 77F.

I postponed spraying the roof for moss until today because we had a thunderstorm here yesterday.

I didn't program the key fobs because it turned out that they were for the Jeep instead of the Ford and I don't have the programmer yet. The Ford fob arrived last night, so I will program it today and follow up with the Jeep when the programmer arrives.

Latest posts

Latest posts