What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
check your ground connections and starter connections
also make sure you are using the right key.
😊
Last car I had was a 1989 Chevrolet Beretta it was white they had the 6 cylinder 2.8 there were too many small repairs over time I ended up just dumping it and then going on foot in the city. I junked it for like $10. This was around 2000. Havent owned a car in almost 25 years
Screenshot_20240815-084542.png

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
View attachment 19048619
Just out of curiosity since I know next to nothing about hunting, what is the reason for only allowing steel shot? If the only other option is lead then I guess I can understand but if there are options for other metals like copper for example then I don't understand.
Let me clarify.
The restrictions ban the use of lead for waterfowl hunting the reason being that most waterfowl such as ducks and geese ingest grit in order to process what they eat in their gizzard. If they ingest lead shot it can poison them.
One can only use "non toxic" shot which includes steel.
There are other options available such as bismuth and tungsten but for me at least those options are too expensive. Up to 2-3 bucks a shot. .

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240814_133052290.jpg

Finally had enough strength to take clones. Getting down on my knees was a screaming event followed by even more fun and games trying to get back on my feet.

PXL_20240814_133954660.jpg

Mid way. I did manage to fill the cloner before I quit.

Talking about stinging insects. I was drilling a hole to run some EMT for a new 220-volt outlet and when I pulled the drill from the stucco a swarm of green hornets came out of the hole like machine gun fire. I dropped the drill and high tailed it across the street and slammed the door of the work truck before I got stung. My apprentice was a tad slower reaching the passenger door and got nailed 6 times. He spent the next hour in pure agony before the pain eased up. Nasty bumble bee sized fuckers.

The wife gets a 4 pm call yesterday from the physical therapy place telling her they don't have the Veterans admin recommendation and need to cancel today's appointment. She goes ballistic on them as we have a copy of the rec that arrived by snail mail 10 days ago. Their copy is likely still in the fax machine. Yet another fine example of how veterans are treated even by private medical places.

She'll be setting the phone lines on fire this morning to be sure the fault wasn't on the VA end, and we'll show up for the canceled appointment with our copy of the form with all the happy numbers clearly shown. If the office staff is an example of how the show is run, I'm not sure I want to trust my broken body to their clumsy efforts.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Last car I had was a 1989 Chevrolet Beretta it was white they had the 6 cylinder 2.8 there were too many small repairs over time I ended up just dumping it and then going on foot in the city. I junked it for like $10. This was around 2000. Havent owned a car in almost 25 years View attachment 19048622
We put 330k miles on a 2.8 powered 2 wheel drive 1985 S10 blazer with it needing nothing besides 3 fan blower motors. It finally wouldn't pass smog and I sold it to a racer as a future 1/4 mile drag car. He was stuffing a 502 cid Big block into it last I saw it.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
View attachment 19048608

Finally had enough strength to take clones. Getting down on my knees was a screaming event followed by even more fun and games trying to get back on my feet.

View attachment 19048609

Mid way. I did manage to fill the cloner before I quit.

Talking about stinging insects. I was drilling a hole to run some EMT for a new 220-volt outlet and when I pulled the drill from the stucco a swarm of green hornets came out of the hole like machine gun fire. I dropped the drill and high tailed it across the street and slammed the door of the work truck before I got stung. My apprentice was a tad slower reaching the passenger door and got nailed 6 times. He spent the next hour in pure agony before the pain eased up. Nasty bumble bee sized fuckers.

The wife gets a 4 pm call yesterday from the physical therapy place telling her they don't have the Veterans admin recommendation and need to cancel today's appointment. She goes ballistic on them as we have a copy of the rec that arrived by snail mail 10 days ago. Their copy is likely still in the fax machine. Yet another fine example of how veterans are treated even by private medical places.

She'll be setting the phone lines on fire this morning to be sure the fault wasn't on the VA end, and we'll show up for the canceled appointment with our copy of the form with all the happy numbers clearly shown. If the office staff is an example of how the show is run, I'm not sure I want to trust my broken body to their clumsy efforts.
Your clone house looks nice. Glad you were able to get to it. 🥰

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Thursday and one day closer to the weekend on Friday. Will be glad for the break. TGIT!!!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

cola

Yep. Food cost on an island is an issue everywhere. I lived on an outer island in our fiftieth state for several years, and still have a place there that I have had for decades. One of my three best friends lives there, so he is able to take care of it. Fortunately having several places there himself, it's not a burden to him. Nice guy. Nice islands. Aloha & Mahalo

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Jeep key fob lock function just failed and we only got the one, plus the lock function failed on one of the Ford key fobs, and when I checked at the dealership they wanted $250 for the fob and $100 each to program them.

I just picked up three Jeep fobs and a programmer, as well as a Ford fob for $112 on Amazon, and found a video on how to program the Ford fobs without a programmer.

Who would have thunk? You have to have two existing fobs for it to work, but you put the two working fobs in the car and instert the new fob in the programming pocket in console box.

Then you hit the drivers door unlock button three times, the brake petal once, the lock button three times, the brake petal once, and the flashing starter button once. You then remove the fob from the programming pocket and press lock and then unlock on the fob to finish the programming,

cola

The Jeep key fob lock function just failed and we only got the one, plus the lock function failed on one of the Ford key fobs, and when I checked at the dealership they wanted $250 for the fob and $100 each to program them.

I just picked up three Jeep fobs and a programmer, as well as a Ford fob for $112 on Amazon, and found a video on how to program the Ford fobs without a programmer.

Who would have thunk? You have to have two existing fobs for it to work, but you put the two working fobs in the car and instert the new fob in the programming pocket in console box.

Then you hit the drivers door unlock button three times, the brake petal once, the lock button three times, the brake petal once, and the flashing starter button once. You then remove the fob from the programming pocket and press lock and then unlock on the fob to finish the programming,
Amazing that both fobs decided to stop functioning nearly at the same time. Go figure, eh. Hopefully, Skunk Factory ingenuity, & a few manufacturer (hidden) programming tasks, will do the trick. Best of luck to you in your endeavor.