What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

The nearest village is next to a river. People use liver as bait for catfish. They usually leave it in the sun for a few days so that it spoils and stinks. The catfish can smell it for miles. I have seen river cats big enough to swallow a man. 🤪
I have seen big catfish on TV never live. I have only caught smaller catfish. I didn't mind eating catfish out of a lake I went to but not out of a river.
The more stinky the better, not for me. I'd probably vomit, that would stink.

oldmaninbc

You probably don't fish for cat fish. My family would take chicken innards....gizzard liver let it sit out in the sun and bottom fish. The more rancid the better.
I've become much more selective with my fishing. If I get a chance to catch some sockeye, I'm on it, right now.
Because of degenerative bone disease casting is very difficult.
I love me some halibut but not at the price you pay at the store. That's what I like about the ocean for fishing, catch some crab, while your fishing for something else.
My wife and I don't have to pay for a freshwater fishing licence because of our age.
I have skinned me a few catfish another fish that needs to be skinned is Burbot. Where I use to catch Burbot, there is a very old tree at the end of the lake, there are hand made nails in the tree, where people have skinned Burbot for close to100 years.

oldmaninbc

I would love to fish with you OldMan. We have a lot of stories to share. Probably just sit on the bank and smoke.
Likewise Pute, I think it would be a lot of fun. Here is a photo of a photo, days gone by.

1718230433722.jpeg

oldmaninbc

Love it. Nice fish. But if you fish with me you gotta put em bk...we should just sit on the bank and smoke...
I don't mind catch and release, if I am going to keep a fish it's for eating or smoking. I don't eat trout so they safe with me. I am sorry to say this but I can no longer smoke, only edibles. The asbestosis prevents me from smoking.
I still think it could be a lot of fun!

Littleleaf

Veteran
Yeah that's probably the best way to look at all our food, for the sacrifice made. If I could afford it and had easy access to it, I'd get all my meats from small farms where all the animals were given a normal life and space to roam in and where they were well cared for with appreciation and respect. Allowed to more or less live a nomal full life before they were harvested for food. I've never been able to put this to the test but I hear that meat from animals raised like that has a superior flavor that you just don't find in the meat produced on corporate farms.
This guy is living beyond a normal life. Spoiled and pampered. It WILL be hard when the day comes. Especially for Blondy but she has told me she wont take it to hard. Yal rite...
I told her from day 1. He IS DINNER. That's why his name is Ribeye.

ribeye.jpg

Also, if you knew some of the things that make it into ground-up meat, it would make you sick. I know. I raise beef cattle. 🤢
Everything but the moo's and farts.... I want the tung and heart. 🤤

Look at the shitter on this critter.

rump roast.jpg

Littleleaf

Veteran
Boy, those are some crazy days weren’t they. I never thought it was going to be stopped until from what I remember Pom was put in jail… he was probably the most deranged individual on the site. There are some very odd ducks here on this site, but none of them hold a candle to Pom
Yummy come to mind of one of the strangest ones. Always got a good laugh at his/her/it? expense.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I don't mind catch and release, if I am going to keep a fish it's for eating or smoking. I don't eat trout so they safe with me. I am sorry to say this but I can no longer smoke, only edibles. The asbestosis prevents me from smoking.
Sorry to hear. I love to smoke... almost tribal....good enough for the Indians....good enough for me.....a symbol of peace....

oldmaninbc

Love it. Nice fish. But if you fish with me you gotta put em bk...we should just sit on the bank and smoke...
I lived on a beef ranch and the ranchers leased grazing land from the gov't, were talking over a 1500 acres. After living and working there for a while the ranchers told me about a small lake, it was difficult to get to. I delivered salt blocks up there for the cattle. These days by law you cannot drive into the lake and hiking or horse back is OK.
The lake was like a dream come true for trout fishing, my 1st time there I witnessed the lake boiling not from heat but all the trout rising. I use to love to fish this lake at mid-night on a full moon, being virtually on top of the mountain it was very light at night.
OK, end of story, years later I took a neighbor up there and I wish I never had. I found out later he was going up there and catching fish to either sell or trade for something, he decimated that small lake. Years later Fish and Wildlife decided to restock the lake. I never cared much for my neighbor after that. Bastard!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
yeah, i learned a lot about myself from interacting with that fucker.

and POM - very entertaining. i enjoyed his writing.

i was traumatized when OG was taken down.
I got a phone call from OP the day that RIichard got popped by the RCMP and the DEA. He had a few whiskeys and that combined with his Scottish dialect I had a difficult time understanding what he was telling me. Fortunately, I realize he told me to clean up because my name was 1° away from the situation and and clean up I did… Tommy and one of his friends came down with a trailer and drove off with over 175 plants.

SubGirl

420club
This guy is living beyond a normal life. Spoiled and pampered. It WILL be hard when the day comes. Especially for Blondy but she has told me she wont take it to hard. Yal rite...
I told her from day 1. He IS DINNER. That's why his name is Ribeye.

View attachment 19016794

Everything but the moo's and farts.... I want the tung and heart. 🤤

Look at the shitter on this critter.

View attachment 19016795
He looks like a house pet laying by the house like that. I grew up on a farm and we killed a bull every year for the freezer. We killed chickens and rabbits every third Sunday too. I tried not to think of it much when I ate it but can say now I couldn’t even eat the catfish and Georgia giant bream in my stocked pond they were like pets. I would let others fish there especially those with kids but I enjoyed feeding them not eating them…

ribeye is beautiful 🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I'm sorry you can't smoke man , that really stinks. I hope you are able to enjoy good edibles man 👍

oldmaninbc

Sorry to hear. I love to smoke... almost tribal....good enough for the Indians....good enough for me.....a symbol of peace....
I know, it sucks. I miss smoking but I enjoy living so that's the trade off. My edibles are good and can pack a punch if required. I mostly prefer something more moderate these days regarding potency. I hope that would not derail a good fishing trip:)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never had a bad bottle of wine. Plus I don't like the pomp and circumstance.....Just Pour it!

We drink two kinds. Pinot Noir with Italian and red Meat.....Pino Grigio with chicken and fish.
I've had bottles that were improperly stored so that the corks dried out and they leaked some air. You can tell just from smelling the cork, with no need for a taste beyond confirmation.