What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Outstanding way to stop slugs. While I am pretty sure you guys do not have jungle night-creatures that favor eating the roots... like I have... at least you do not also have bunny rabbits and wild duckies that love the stems and leaves.

(Wire cage, etc. tried. X'd)
Naa Walt - we don't have that sorta wildlife up 'ere on a tiny 3rd story balcony - bunny rabbits can't jump this high - and really -

- it's just 'The Slugdom Borg' that's some how managed to get up 'ere - probably in some soil I was growing in - from under the apple tree 🌳 outside - down there - or they might have made a full on assault - slime-ing their way up the bricks of the block - to find my balcony - and fresh snacks and munchies - by feasting on my plants - 🪴 the rotten slime-balls -

Unca Walt

420club
Ah. I fergot you are in the nose-bleed section of Vertical City.

Well, greetings from deep in the swampy swamp.

I've had gators and walking catfish on my front lawn. Oh. And a wild hog** that I shot with my crossbow.

** Beautiful Witch actually helped me skin, gut, and cut it up. She is looking over my shoulder as I type this.

Ah. A quote per her pretty lips I am required to pass on verbatim:

"And that is the last time I volunteer to clean a wild hog. Caveat: Unless there is a emergency or something."

Doncha just love redheads? Here she is with the AK-47 she likes to shoot becuz I put a laser onnit:
AK47.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I've also started 3 Zamaldelica seeds - to seedlings 🌱 now - about a week after the Malawi x NL - and will put them outside in the bigger pots in a few days time -

- because they are still a bit too young to go outside by themselves - and might get into trouble - if it rains 🌧 -

2024-06-0411.50.182907970747452086162.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ah. I fergot you are in the nose-bleed section of Vertical City.

Well, greetings from deep in the swampy swamp.

I've had gators and walking catfish on my front lawn. Oh. And a wild hog that I shot with my crossbow.
Actually - it's quite nice around here - don't see more than 2-3-4 story houses and apartment blocks mostly -

I'm right next to a university - and a great big river fulla wildlife - is at the bottom of my road (100 yards away) - lots of foxes and swans - ducks and geese - moorhens and coots - pigeons and crows - seagulls and green parakeets - Robins and blue tits - and many more - but we are not encouraged to go 'shooting of our back porch' - mainly because we don't have a back porch - it will probably end up with some armed tactical squad - showing up anyway -

It's very green around my way - loads of trees 🌳 - plants 🪴and flowers 💐 hardly any Lumberjacks - so cushtie -

Last edited:

OleReynard

Good morning brothers and sisters of the elderly poot! View attachment 19012871 View attachment 19012872

Rain here starting at 51F and predicted to reach 66F.

Dropping our Jeep off at the dealership to have a couple of recalls taken care of and an appointment for bids to repair the second break in the kitchen drain line, under the walkway.

I designed a new walkway on Auto Cad, using a mix of bricks and textured concrete, which I will be calling for bids on this afternoon.
What version of Auto Cad ya got, Wolf?
I was trained in 11, 12 and 13 all.those came out over a relatively short amount of time, I was in getting a degree.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
depending on the age, some stories has two endings Unc😊
And somewhere in the middle the only time you think about doing it twice, is just before doing it once.
Off to the hospital in 3 hours. Lumbar Drain today and the AAA stent implantation tomorrow. Got ICmag loaded on the phone and I'll try and update to at least let you know if I'm still among the living.
Whoa! Wishing you good luck with that brother! Sending empathy and healing thoughts.

What are the procedures designed to address?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Off to the hospital in 3 hours. Lumbar Drain today and the AAA stent implantation tomorrow. Got ICmag loaded on the phone and I'll try and update to at least let you know if I'm still among the living.
What is a lumbar drain?

Morning all!

We have been getting hail in the area every day. Missed me so far. I don't like the look of the sky this morning.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What version of Auto Cad ya got, Wolf?
I was trained in 11, 12 and 13 all.those came out over a relatively short amount of time, I was in getting a degree.
I started on version 14 in my 50's. Up to that point I used a board with a drafting machine for engineering conceptuals and relied on the mechanical designers to do any detail prints required.

I went back to school to learn to use them, along with the fellow engineers and mechanical draftsmen in my department, to make the transition from mechanical drafting to CAD.

I'm actually using an old 2002 32-bit version that I own. The license expired on my two newer versions and once I stopped consulting, I couldn't justify the fee.

I doesn't gracefully run on my 64-Bit Windows 11 computer so I have it on a laptop running XP-Pro, wired into my system through a switch, so I can use the laptop processor and my desktop monitor and keyboard.

A pain in the butt, but I don't use it that much anymore and I can't justify renting a newer system from Auto Deck, when the old works.