What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

I started on version 14 in my 50's. Up to that point I used a board with a drafting machine for engineering conceptuals and relied on the mechanical designers to do any detail prints required.

I went back to school to learn to use them, along with the fellow engineers and mechanical draftsmen in my department, to make the transition from mechanical drafting to CAD.

I'm actually using an old 2002 32-bit version that I own. The license expired on my two newer versions and once I stopped consulting, I couldn't justify the fee.

I doesn't gracefully run on my 64-Bit Windows 11 computer so I have it on a laptop running XP-Pro, wired into my system through a switch, so I can use the laptop processor and my desktop monitor and keyboard.

A pain in the butt, but I don't use it that much anymore and I can't justify renting a newer system from Auto Deck, when the old works.
I ended up getting bootlegs of 11,12, 13 when I went to work in a machine shop.
I let the computer go with the programs.

Was drawing plastic injection moulds where cooling lines went, and for the CNC for tooling paths

jokerman

Premium user
That's from the 'Little Britain' American series - they were very popular around 2005/6/7 😉 - and ever since really - Matt Lucas is the rather rotund one - yeah he was also in that bakeoff show -

My older Brother used to call me "rotund" and " the eternal circumference."
He stopped that shit when I started to give my SIL expensive ideas on what to do with their house in Locust Valley☝️
Shut him right the fuk up😊

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Power outage at 4:13 AM. Lasted a couple minutes and then another at about 5:15 that lasted about 45 minutes. I looked down the valley and it looked like the entire valley was out. I am thinking about a natural gas generator. Damn electricity is not very dependable around here. And, it's as expensive as fuck. Especially running 4 grow lights. LOL

Natural gas bill is about $20 a month non-winter months and less than $40 in the Winter.

Water bill (which is supposed to be so scarce in SoCal) is never more than $14 a month. Back in why oh why Ohio it was always $150 a month or more for water. EPA fines, mostly.

Electricity.... on a good month $400. In the Summer... $700 a month.

And, California is on some kick to eliminate natural gas and make everything electric. Including the cars. WTF!!! Has everyone gone batshit crazy? LOL

The good news.... I'm old and won't have to put up with this idiocy much longer. LOL

Peace

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Off to the hospital in 3 hours. Lumbar Drain today and the AAA stent implantation tomorrow. Got ICmag loaded on the phone and I'll try and update to at least let you know if I'm still among the living.
Good luck!!
My older Brother used to call me "rotund" and " the eternal circumference."
He stopped that shit when I started to give my SIL expensive ideas on what to do with their house in Locust Valley☝️
Shut him right the fuk up😊
"The eternal circumference"......... that is hilarious!
😆

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Power outage at 4:13 AM. Lasted a couple minutes and then another at about 5:15 that lasted about 45 minutes. I am thinking about a natural gas generator. Damn electricity is not very dependable around here. And, it's as expensive as fuck. Especially running 4 grow lights. LOL

Natural gas bill is about $20 a month non-winter months and less than $40 in the Winter.

Water bill (which is supposed to be so scarce in SoCal) is never more than $14 a month. Back in why oh why Ohio it was always $150 a month or more for water. EPA fines, mostly.

Electricity.... on a good month $400. In the Summer... $700 a month.

And, California is on some kick to eliminate natural gas and make everything electric. Including the cars. WTF!!! Has everyone gone batshit crazy? LOL

The good news.... I'm old and won't have to put up with this idiocy much longer. LOL

Peace
We pay 0.058 cents a kilowatt for elec here in Montana.
👍🏾

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Not sure what number you guys are using. There are so many deceptive numbers on utility bills these days. But, if you take my total bill with all the bullshit extra charges and taxes and divide it by the number of kWh used it comes out to $0.41 per kWh.

Why would they want to convert everyone over to the most expensive and least available resource? Batshit crazy. Just batshit fucking crazy.

Image81.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey @Gypsy Nirvana . I am growing some Zamaldilecta express. Im going to breed with them too. None of that would be possible without you collecting seeds on your travels. Thanks man. 😁
Oh - thank you - it's always nice to know that someone appreciates something I've done - had to take a bunch of malaria prophylaxis to get out there via Madagascar - then to Reunion Island - to find this Zamal - they even have Bubonic Plague out that way - (so any serious disease collectors - head there ) - lol

oldfogey8

Not sure what number you guys are using. There are so many deceptive numbers on utility bills these days. But, if you take my total bill with all the bullshit extra charges and taxes and divide it by the number of kWh used it comes out to $0.41 per kWh.

Why would they want to convert everyone over to the most expensive and least available resource? Batshit crazy. Just batshit fucking crazy.

View attachment 19013019
My father in law lives 25 minutes from me and has Unitil as his electric supplier. He pays $0.61/ kWh! I pay $0.159/kwh! We have a town light and water department so we don’t get all the rebates he would get but I will gladly pay 1/4 the cost for electricity and not get single time rebates on new garbage appliances or insulation. It is batshit crazy! He and others who pay this monopoly exorbitant price-gouging price because they are subsidizing the Green New Steal.