What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Been a quite family day mostly for me - was up at 4.20am - then at around 6am decided to check on Old Jim's place - since he was carted off in an ambulance to a hospice to die last week - and since he's a long term old buddy - who I got into growing our much revered plant 🪴 23 years ago - when I had a shop called Hydroponic Systems - and got him all set up with flood and drain tables back then - poor sod has got stage 4 lung cancer - and is fading fast sadly - I feel responsible to make sure his house is clean and tidy - in the unlikely event that he will ever return - so I ventured out on foot for some Sunday morning exercise - to check on his cat Smudge 🐈 - who was locked in the house and hungry - suffering from separation anxiety - because he made a big fuss of me when I showed up - and demolished a big bowl 🥣 of cat food - once I'd squeezed it out of the packet - and presented it to him - all of the automatically dispensed hard cat food had gone from the dispenser - so topped that up too - then did some necessary cleaning and tidying

- Then emptied the garbage into the outside bins - then cleaned the filthy bath 🛁 - ran a hot one - and got in it - having a good clean up and shave - the cat waiting patiently on the bath mat for me to finish - purring away - as I occasionally petted him with a wet hand ✋
- Smudge didn't want me to leave - but I had to get home for breakfast - so left at around 9am - after petting Smudge for a good long while - to find my wife and kids cooking up a full English breakfast - Mmmm - Loverly Jubberly! - all in all - a great start to the day -

After brekkie - sat down and wrote another page or two of my 'Smugg'lin Stories ' in the VIP Lounge here on ICMAG - then took an hour long nap - 😴
- watched another coupla episodes of 'The Gentlemen' 8 part series by Guy Ritchie on Netflix - which is sooo good - its about a Duke who grows 'erb in a Mansion - Then danced around the kitchen with the kids to some reggae music while the wife was cooking a very tasty chicken 🐔 curry - (she eventually kicked us out - so she could concentrate on her cooking ) - then listened to a Potcast interview some Aussie had asked me to do a coupla years ago - and should be up on the site here somewhere - I'll have a look where - and give ya'll a link - when I can find it again 😀

CharlesU Farley

sounds like fishing and hunting to n Oklahoma…..the county sheriff said I could shoot trespassers and they would come by and pick up the body….no extra charge…

gawd I love Oklahoma and one day I will return…

cut my teeth gorilla growing in these hills

View attachment 18974734

some three way Hawaiian crossed with cherry AK-47

View attachment 18974733
Even though I was born and raised in Kentucky, I moved to Florida to go to school and I had lived with my grandparents there off and on growing up. I had a pretty heavy Southern accent... at the hotels on Miami Beach the Italian mafia guys from Bensonhurst would call me Tex :ROFLMAO:. I'm still real security conscious because I'm in a strongly Prohibition state :rolleyes:, so let's just I moved to the mountains here in the SouthEast U.S.

Got lucky as hell and found a perfect place with a couple of acres on the Blue Ridge escarpment.. my wife Harley Farley just gave me the stank eye for being so specific.

Everybody up here in the mountains thought I was from Florida, a typical tourist who probably migrated from New York, say that so they wanted to test the FNG. Since I had a different dialect but could talk the same lingo of their language, the first couple of encounters I had with hunters was kind of interesting. They've got 30 ought sixes and I've got a pistol gripped Mini 14 with 2 30 round clips taped together.

We came to an understanding.

As long as they don't hunt around the house, or come close enough to it for my dogs to start barking, have all the fun you want. If my dog start barking, I'm going to empty some clips and we'll let God sort it out.

That was 43 years ago.

People up here on the mountain know me now and don't fuck with me, because I mind my own business, and they mind theirs. The few I communicate with know if they need some help fixing something or helping them do something, I'll be there. Same thing reversed.

I love where I live and my life, and I realize how very fucking rare that is!

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Nice to see you in here!
This guys a good one folks play nice.
😆

oh fvck , Padawan is in trouble now…..

IMG_5804.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Even though I was born and raised in Kentucky, I moved to Florida to go to school and I had lived with my grandparents there off and on growing up. I had a pretty heavy Southern accent... at the hotels on Miami Beach the Italian mafia guys from Bensonhurst would call me Tex :ROFLMAO:. I'm still real security conscious because I'm in a strongly Prohibition state :rolleyes:, so let's just I moved to the mountains here in the SouthEast U.S.

Got lucky as hell and found a perfect place with a couple of acres on the Blue Ridge escarpment.. my wife Harley Farley just gave me the stank eye for being so specific.

Everybody up here in the mountains thought I was from Florida, a typical tourist who probably migrated from New York, say that so they wanted to test the FNG. Since I had a different dialect but could talk the same lingo of their language, the first couple of encounters I had with hunters was kind of interesting. They've got 30 ought sixes and I've got a pistol gripped Mini 14 with 2 30 round clips taped together.

We came to an understanding.

As long as they don't hunt around the house, or come close enough to it for my dogs to start barking, have all the fun you want. If my dog start barking, I'm going to empty some clips and we'll let God sort it out.

That was 43 years ago.

People up here on the mountain know me now and don't fuck with me, because I'm mind my own business, and they mind theirs. The few I communicate with know if they need some help fixing something or helping them do something, I'll be there. Same thing reversed.

I love where I live and my life, and I realize how very fucking rare that is!

my g-g grampa got off the boat and settled in the Cumberland Gap , married a Cherokee and moved to Kentucky and then Missouri….

but yeah , them Smokey Mountains are a sight to see…

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
IMG_0384.jpeg

I built this home in the smoky mountains back in 2004. After Linda died, and the rest of my family just dissipated along with my health, I sold the house three years ago, but still have the keys and the ability to use it anytime I want.It’s a beautiful part of the country but unfortunately the locals hate everybody that wasn’t born there. The sheriff is from Florida so go figure.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’ve got a question for you guys. I buy Peter’s 20 20,20 in bulk and I have a need for 666 Fertilizer. My pineapples require a special fertilizer so I’m thinking if I put a third of a tablespoon per gallon would that not give me 66-6-6 from 20-20-20 or close to it

CharlesU Farley

Been a quite family day mostly for me - was up at 4.20am - then at around 6am decided to check on Old Jim's place - since he was carted off in an ambulance to a hospice to die last week - and since he's a long term old buddy - who I got into growing our much revered plant 🪴 23 years ago - when I had a shop called Hydroponic Systems - and got him all set up with flood and drain tables back then - poor sod has got stage 4 lung cancer - and is fading fast sadly - I feel responsible to make sure his house is clean and tidy - in the unlikely event that he will ever return - so I ventured out on foot for some Sunday morning exercise - to check on his cat Smudge 🐈 - who was locked in the house and hungry - suffering from separation anxiety - because he made a big fuss of me when I showed up - and demolished a big bowl 🥣 of cat food - once I'd squeezed it out of the packet - and presented it to him - all of the automatically dispensed hard cat food had gone from the dispenser - so topped that up too - then did some necessary cleaning and tidying

- Then emptied the garbage into the outside bins - then cleaned the filthy bath 🛁 - ran a hot one - and got in it - having a good clean up and shave - the cat waiting patiently on the bath mat for me to finish - purring away - as I occasionally petted him with a wet hand ✋
- Smudge didn't want me to leave - but I had to get home for breakfast - so left at around 9am - after petting Smudge for a good long while - to find my wife and kids cooking up a full English breakfast - Mmmm - Loverly Jubberly! - all in all - a great start to the day -

After brekkie - sat down and wrote another page or two of my 'Smugg'lin Stories ' in the VIP Lounge here on ICMAG - then took an hour long nap - 😴
- watched another coupla episodes of 'The Gentlemen' 8 part series by Guy Ritchie on Netflix - which is sooo good - its about a Duke who grows 'erb in a Mansion - Then danced around the kitchen with the kids to some reggae music while the wife was cooking a very tasty chicken 🐔 curry - (she eventually kicked us out - so she could concentrate on her cooking ) - then listened to a Potcast interview some Aussie had asked me to do a coupla years ago - and should be up on the site here somewhere - I'll have a look where - and give ya'll a link - when I can find it again 😀
So sorry about the buddy, watching the downward spiral is very difficult. I've obviously seen it many times, just played out in a different environment.

Btw, your kids, and if you have them or eventually have them, grandkids are going to be _so_ glad you're writing down and documenting the life you have lived.

I'm doing something similar with my website, letting them know about a lot of parts of my life that you really can't talk about face to face, because they're so intimate. But because of my situation, it's totally anonymous, they will never know about it until I'm long gone. It's probably 80% cannabis related, the how's and why's it was integrated into my life. It'll surprise a lot of them to even know that I've done anything more than smoke the occasional joint. ;)

One of my kids is a daily user but we've talked about it after he was an adult. Ask him if he was ever aware that we were smoking cannabis and he said he had _no_ idea.

But we knew he was, and he came about it all on his own, by his own curiosity. My wife and I used to hover around the crapper, turn the fart fan on, take big lung bulgers and blow it into toilet paper, to keep this smell down.

I was quite proud that we were successful for 18+ years. (y)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh - here is the interview I did with that Aussie bloke - a coupla years ago - was in the very early morning - was on my first cuppa cawfee - so was a bit slow 🐌 - and got Manila confused with Bangkok at one point - (what a silly Billy - lol)

CharlesU Farley

View attachment 18974792
I built this home in the smoky mountains back in 2004. After Linda died, and the rest of my family just dissipated along with my health, I sold the house three years ago, but still have the keys and the ability to use it anytime I want.It’s a beautiful part of the country but unfortunately the locals hate everybody that wasn’t born there. The sheriff is from Florida so go figure.
In Kentucky, we used to call it clannish... Hatfields and McCoys kind of thing, not near as bad as here in the mountains and there I was a city boy.

But you're right about people up here in the mountains who, were born and raised here. Because if you weren't, they will never really accept you.

Luckily I never gave a shit whether they accepted me or not, I think that's why they respect me.

oldfogey8

I’m liking the Gentlemen series. Watching with subtitles because the Kings English gets a bit dicey for me.