What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

I guess tick season is early this year. Went out to scout my geurilla grow spot. Lots of underbrush and whatnot. Felt like something was crawling on my back. Sure enough…
IMG_2698.jpeg

oldfogey8

I hate ticks. We have them here too
Never saw one growing up in western NY and I was outside all the time. Massachusetts is rife with them. I’ve had the Lyme Tick circle rash about every year since I moved to my present house but I always test negative for Lyme. It is early this year though. We had a warm winter so I am guessing that is why they are out and also that it is going to be bad this year.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Never saw one growing up in western NY and I was outside all the time. Massachusetts is rife with them. I’ve had the Lyme Tick circle rash about every year since I moved to my present house but I always test negative for Lyme. It is early this year though. We had a warm winter so I am guessing that is why they are out and also that it is going to be bad this year.
I use to get loaded with them as a kid here in Virginia. Of course playing in the woods didn’t help. I remember pulling tons of ticks off when I came in from playing.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
My home here in Florida consists of 10 acres of very heavily wooded forest in the back and when I had my home in North Carolina I had 3 1/2 acres of pasture and woods and neither Ivan nor Dutch has ever gotten more than one tick each. I give them heartworm medication regularly, but they get nothing for ticks.