What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
An odd thing happened to me this morning at the breakfast table - in front of my wife and kids - The Mrs and my boy were talking about some little girl that was given a lollipop 🍭 by the barber that was cutting my boys hair yesterday at a barber shop in Surbiton - and that got me looking up a soundtrack for this conversation on YouTube - as I sat there at the table sipping hot Colombian filtered coffee - so I searched for The Chordettes 'Lollipop' song -

- and as we listened and all enjoyed that old song - I looked beneath it - on the YouTube list - and another song I knew well was there by a Jamaican artist called Millie - who had a big hit in the UK with 'My Boy Lollipop ' - and so playing breakfast DJ - that was the next song I presented to the family - and as the first bars of the song became audible - my eyes immediately teared up - and tears started streaming down my face - got all choked up - which alerted 📢 my wife and stunned my kids - because they had never seen me crying like that - then my daughter ask me 'Why are you crying Daddy?' - with a very perplexed look on her face - and I could hardly get the words out to answer her - since I was so emotionally disturbed - and was busy trying to dab all the leaking moisture from my face - it caught me unexpected - with such an immediate and heavy emotional response 😢 - that I had to ponder for a while - to figure out why to myself - then it clicked - some subliminal emotional reaction had been triggered by the memory of my now deceased Mother (RIP Mum) - dancing around the kitchen with me - in 1964 to this song - I was just 4 years old at the time -

I can't even remember the last time I cried it was so long ago - but it kinda felt good - and although there was sadness in the memory - there was also much joy - so I ended up laughing at myself - (silly old fool - lol)
- Has anyone else had something like this happen to them?

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
An odd thing happened to me this morning at the breakfast table - in front of my wife and kids - The Mrs and my boy were talking about some little girl that was given lollipop 🍭 by the barber that was cutting my boys hair yesterday at a barber shop in Surbiton - and that got me looking up a soundtrack for this conversation on YouTube - as I sat there at the table sipping hot Colombian filtered coffee - so I searched for The Chordettes 'Lollipop' song -

- and as we listened and all enjoyed that old song - I looked beneath it - on the YouTube list - and another song I knew well was there by a Jamaican artist called Millie - who had a big hit in the UK with 'My Boy Lollipop ' - and so playing breakfast DJ - that was the next song I presented to the family - and as the first bars of the song became audible - my eyes immediately teared up - and tears started streaming down my face - got all choked up - which alerted 📢 my wife and stunned my kids - because they had never seen me crying like that - then my daughter ask me 'Why are you crying Daddy?' - with a very perplexed look on her face - and I could hardly get the words out to answer her - since I was so emotionally disturbed - and was busy trying to dab all the leaking moisture from my face - it caught me unexpected - with such an immediate and heavy emotional response 😢 - that I had to ponder for a while - to figure out why to myself - then it clicked - some subliminal emotional reaction had been triggered by the memory of my now deceased Mother (RIP Mum) - dancing around the kitchen with me - in 1964 to this song - I was just 4 years old at the time -

I can't even remember the last time I cried it was so long ago - but it kinda felt good - and although there was sadness in the memory - there was also much joy - so I ended up laughing at myself - (silly old fool - lol)

Every time I look though the old photo albums something very similar happens.......... means you're a normal functioning human being I reckon.

BubbasPlace

Morning to all you fine Pipple!
looks like a nice day.
Because March 19th is St Josephs day.I being committed to my faith and I am having a St Josephs day pastry everyday this month .Im going to switch from custard to cannoli filling each day ,at the same time going from 2 small ones to 1 big one..
" Trying to get to heaven before they close the door": B Dylan
Oh yeah, now that all my Italians are married or divorced it's the only time I get the wedding cookies!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Every time I look though the old photo albums something very similar happens.......... means you're a normal functioning human being I reckon.
But - the USA authorities called me 'a legal registered alien 👽 ' - on my green card - and big boys ain't supposed to cry - but like I said - it did feel kinda good - maybe I should try to cry more often? - LMAO!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
And in the news today - we have some very naughty American tourists berating a Kings Guard in Central London - now I'm no monarchist - but these troops have a laborious and difficult job to do - standing there for hours on end - on sentry duties - dressed up in awkward ceremonial clothing - some on horses even - so should be respected -

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
But - the USA authorities called me 'a legal registered alien 👽 ' - on my green card - and big boys ain't supposed to cry - but like I said - it did feel kinda good - maybe I should try to cry more often? - LMAO!

And in the news today - we have some very naughty American tourists berating a Kings Guard in Central London - now I'm no monarchist - but these troops have a laborious and difficult job to do - standing there for hours on end - on sentry duties - dressed up in awkward ceremonial clothing - some on horses even - so should be respected -
I wouldn't be too concerned about what most Americans think especially the ones in government.
We produce some incredibly bad people here.
😆

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
The fun one?
There all fun.....today was just a simple x-ray

Astonishing.....Some peoples children!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Back home. Whopper of a storm moving in. I am all tucked in and don't need to go out. Gonna ride this mess out at home.

I need to up-pot the girls waiting to go into flower....but the Mountain West tournament in on and my favorite team is set to play in 20 minutes so I think I will wait until tomorrow to do the dirty work.

I am supposed to drink lots of water because the crap they gave me to drink will plug me up.....great.

Ok, basketball time.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Back home. Whopper of a storm moving in. I am all tucked in and don't need to go out. Gonna ride this mess out at home.

I need to up-pot the girls waiting to go into flower....but the Mountain West tournament in on and my favorite team is set to play in 20 minutes so I think I will wait until tomorrow to do the dirty work.

I am supposed to drink lots of water because the crap they gave me to drink will plug me up.....great.

Ok, basketball time.
Always ends up in the ass with those people.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

Ok, basketball time.
Oh basketball 🏀 - yeah - I love ❤️ to watch this guy called The Basketball Professor play one on one - ever heard of him Pute?

CharlesU Farley

I had A plant that did the same thing but one branch was nothing but male the other branch nothing but female.
It got pitched wasn't even interested
I've only had one branch of one plant from a clone that was a couple years old go hermie on me, and that was almost 20 years ago. And I know hermies can do some strange things, from what I've been told.

But I just never heard of one major bifurcation of a plant being Type I dominant and and the other bifurcation being Type II dominant.

This plant started out life as a single stemmed, normal looking plant in every respect. I'm digging through all the photos I've got when the plants were younger, to see if I can identify which one this is. When it comes time to harvest, I'll be able to separate the root mass and see if it truly was just one plant or if somehow two plants ended up growing out of one stalk.

Sun&Soil

An odd thing happened to me this morning at the breakfast table - in front of my wife and kids - The Mrs and my boy were talking about some little girl that was given a lollipop 🍭 by the barber that was cutting my boys hair yesterday at a barber shop in Surbiton - and that got me looking up a soundtrack for this conversation on YouTube - as I sat there at the table sipping hot Colombian filtered coffee - so I searched for The Chordettes 'Lollipop' song -

Gloria Gainers song I will survive puts me back at the dining room table coloring in my Empire Strikes Back coloring book. I was trying to stay in the lines of the Bubba Fett portrait when my mom cranked that song up and her and my sister started dancing and singing loudly to it, into wooden spoons. I can actually see it all and feel that startled emotion that turned to awe and joy watching them.

And yes, as calloused as I am, I have moments where the need to let out a cry will overcome me.

CharlesU Farley

There is nothing like smell or the sound of music from the past to reach right down in and grab you by the fucking heart. That shit happens to me all the time, the older I get it, seems like the more emotional I get. Sometimes even a lost dog announcement will get to me and make my ass cry. :cry: