What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
i don t know how, but i always end up at the first unread comment. sometimes 30-40 pages in this thread after it.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Good morning brothers and sisters!

Cloudy with some rain and gusty winds today, starting at 40F and predicted to reach 51F.

I personally miss the like/hate button.

Consider a game of bowling where the view of the pins was obscured once the ball was released. How much of the joy and excitement was lost and how long will the players continue to participate?

I confess that I check like on every post on this thread that isn't disgusting, to encourage others to participate whether I agree or not.

It also keeps track of what I've read, so that I can quickly pick up where I left off when I return to the thread. That feature could be replaced with a simple read button.

I don't know where this thread started, but I've watched this core group move from Canna Cabana to Marijuana Passion, and now to IC Mag. The thing that holds us together is compatible perspectives, respect, and camaraderie developed over time sharing what is going on in our lives.

Part of the respect we've developed is based on well thought out, researched, and presented information, and I miss the love button as a way to express my appreciation without resorting to an effusive post, which they all don't all rate.

Part of what is going on in our lives is non-technical and our online chatter includes horseplay and risible one liner bon mots to engage the child in us all. Not getting laughing face feedback that others also find it humorous, will ostensibly reduce those exchanges.

If us getting points for our non-technical BS exchanges are perturbing those contributors adding "meaningful cannabis related content", could we compromise by returning the like button but having it disconnected from the balance of the forum, so as to not affect the total?

That means that we would not receive credit for the meaningful cannabis related content that we contributed on this thread, but I'm comfortable with that because despite the deeply insightful points shared by "old Heads" here, most of what we do on this thread is socialize and there are technical threads available for those wishing to accrue credit for their contributions.

Par Excellent post!

I don’t care about no fucking points either but I do like the like button as you so eloquently put…

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
likes or call it now reaction score, are building up on members profile
View attachment 18970849
problem is not about giving or recieving, the thumbs up, it is not always showing the contribution to the site with content with cannabis, and lot of the veteran members have this problem, they did not post enough over the years to hit the 1000 posts limit, but their comments are very informative, or its content is very useful.
you don t need to be a grower, there are tons of other threads that are not under the Off topic node.

there are some add-ons to customize the reaction score settings, but those are not yet installed.
sorry for the inconvenience.

hola Amigo!

my initial reaction is that ya all are micro managing here….i believe ya all can fix the points thing and let me have my like button back….

but right now I need some more coffee to clear my head

IMG_8412.jpeg

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
this is only temporary, short term solution. it was not intended to make you guys suffer, or punish for anything.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
yea he shredded at 73……..and been there done that life ….glad to have seen him…..proponent of organ donation as he was lucky enough to receive liver transplant…
ganj on….
IMG_7093.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Why 'likes' have been turned off on non cannabis related forums -

We will reduce the veteran badge requirements soon, and we wanted to prevent the off topic posting fast reaction score collecting - and somehow turn the reaction score towards the contributed cannabis related posts only - and not 4 words game likes for example.it is just turned off at off topics, and now only available in mostly cannabis related forums.

We wanted to make it without disabling the like function, but there i s no way to exclude it from specific threads/subforums.

If we can find a way to do it, it will be turned back soon, but for now it was the only solution to stop adding offtopic likes to reaction score

that sounds like an easy fix but then again I ain’t n programmer….

gving likes seemed like such a simple thing and now here it is and all complicated and stuff….

i cannot speak for the others but I don’t really care about any status or whatever , we are what we are and most of us old farts ain’t gonna change

i like it here , more freedom of speech that 99% of the other pot sites where insecure and power tripping mother truckers are at the controls and Micro manage every post

i don’t know about the others but I am sort of burn out on shop talk , all things cannabis , all the photos of plants just about all look the same..loud , fire , cool , what’s wrong with my plant , been there done that

i love the banter and friendship that we have , we bullshit a lot and have fun and then we grow pot….

shit , now where was I ?…

like I said , I really like it here …..

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
yes, it is 2024, age of micro transactions, and small fees for everything over the basic. there are 3 ways to make this, either you add it to the php code, or you get add on installed, or the last one we had to use for now, turn it off for a node at all, because the previously mentioned 2 are not free, neither easy to do with a licensed platform.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
lest we forget , lol , here is what brought us All together , this is the glue that holds us all together , the love of this plant…

just about everything else is just entertainment

some Mexican weed , close to Durango that came my way a long time ago , some South American and Thai……mixed in a little afghani along the way and we have Big Sandy Holyweed

IMG_4569.jpeg
IMG_5439.jpeg
IMG_5440.jpeg
IMG_5527.jpeg
IMG_5695.jpeg
IMG_5694.jpeg
IMG_5697.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
Morning Folks
I am still new in forums.
I might not fully understand what it takes to run a forum.
I watched youtube grow channels and after a while how many times can you discuss pot sizes ,
light schedules.organic synthetics.By us losing the connections we have made with each other makes it like watching youtube with little or no connections..
How else would I know if Polka night would even be wanted and on our list of things to do.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Still confused! People like many hare have been growing pot all their adult lives don't really talk about it that much...we have said it all over and over and over!!!!!!!

I NEED it to keep track of where I am..so will we have a LIKE here or not....YES OR NO?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Why 'likes' have been turned off on non cannabis related forums -

We will reduce the veteran badge requirements soon, and we wanted to prevent the off topic posting fast reaction score collecting - and somehow turn the reaction score towards the contributed cannabis related posts only - and not 4 words game likes for example.it is just turned off at off topics, and now only available in mostly cannabis related forums.

We wanted to make it without disabling the like function, but there i s no way to exclude it from specific threads/subforums.

If we can find a way to do it, it will be turned back soon, but for now it was the only solution to stop adding offtopic likes to reaction score
Who makes the determination that this is a non cannabis related forum? Just because we shuck around a lot, I still get most of my advice in growing from this page from the folks I trust and have known now for years some of them.
‘this is not like the four words game at all. I can probably come close to telling you who is growing what on this thread (annd there anre a lot of us growing) and any problems or successes they have had. It’s the main reason I hang out here and I have learned so much even just since I've been here in our latest hang out area from other growers and smokers (and even my vape friends…🙂)

I miss the like button and feel that posts will decrease as it’s a way to let the the writer of the post that it got read. I like GW as long as the post isn’t offensive or even maybe semi on the line of being a post that should have not been posted just not to stir things up more I won’t hit the like button but I hit like on most as I may not agree or disagree but read and respect their opinion and want them to know they were not talking to thin air…
‘I miss the ❤️ button too as sometimes the post was so sweet and kind I love seeing the kindness come out And sometimes their weed pictures are completely lovable.
I hope they return of like button soon. Please ask them to take another look at at our thread to see that we are not a four words kind of thread and are cannabis related. That is what brought us all together.
im reading and still liking, loving, sharing your sadness and laughing at your funny stuff and standing with you in your anger on dumb s#it. But I do miss the buttons..☹️

Latest posts

Latest posts