What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Enjoy wood working/refinishing. Been building speakers since the 60's. Recent projects - refinished a big pecan desk for a friend and trimmed out my kitchen and dining room window sills in red oak to match the red oak cabinets, hutch, etc. Waterlox Original Sealer is my go to. It's a tung oil varnish, really pops the grain. Best I've used in 45 years. No sanding needed between coats. I knock down the raised nubs after the first coat with 220 grit though. No need for water app to raise the grain.

Ripped, sanded, did a round over on 1X8. Matching the radius on the window sill was fun! Didn't have to use caulk cause there wasn't any gaps. Damn proud of that.

View attachment 18970507

View attachment 18970508

Cures for weeks, gloss backs off to about 55%.

View attachment 18970516
Nice work

Old Uncle Ben

just slap me upside the head Ben , maybe twice , that will help jar the reset button on my fecking fading memory!…

some beautiful photos Amigo!

some c99 about 4 years ago….

View attachment 18970509

View attachment 18970510

Wow! Letting it go nuts outside must be nice! I finished out 3-4' plants under HID's in the old days. This one was at 6.5 weeks.

C99C@6.5wks-2_18Sharpened.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
not to late to buy some bitcoin….it has went up a lot the last 30 days and is headed to the moon

about 45 days ago Bitcoin was under $40,000 each

gold has also had a nice little pop and hit some new highs

View attachment 18970515
I actually think I would but everything is tied up now....besides I have a track record.....the day I buy it......it will crash

Old Uncle Ben

not to late to buy some bitcoin….it has went up a lot the last 30 days and is headed to the moon

about 45 days ago Bitcoin was under $40,000 each

gold has also had a nice little pop and hit some new highs

View attachment 18970515

Fine, but don't go all in. I'm not going to chase this one and I spend a good 3-5 hours a day in some kind of stock market activity either trading or watching stuff like Charles Payne on Fox Bus. Check out Soundhound aka SOUN. An AI play. I'm also doing cyber plays like CRWD, PANW, and PLTR doubling my money with some. Then I've got spec junk plays like HYSR. Cool technology into development - using solar to break down water in their respective elements - H2 and O. https://www.sunhydrogen.com/

Speaking of chasing, I sold NVDA long before its recent run. Ouch! One of these days the Big 7 are gonna fall. They've run too far too fast. Momentum plays.........

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I actually think I would but everything is tied up now....besides I have a track record.....the day I buy it......it will crash

that happens to me a lot……soon as I buy some , BAM!…price goes down

soon as I sell something BAM!…price goes up

so I use the strategy of holding long term , buy the dips and sell the highs , sometimes it works , sometimes not…

but one has to be in it to win it

exoticrobotic

live in England and they all probably went home early to start the long weekend

Afternoon :rasta: The weekend defintely starts at 2pm friday in England.

I painted a hearth Anthracite today, silconed around a sink with roofer's seal and sealed a few cracked window seals.

That is plenty for a Friday and time for a fat spliff and a coffee ( 2nd of the day, if you dont count the 3 pre 5-7am ones )

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Fine, but don't go all in. I'm not going to chase this one and I spend a good 3-5 hours a day in some kind of stock market activity either trading or watching stuff like Charles Payne on Fox Bus. Check out Soundhound aka SOUN. An AI play. I'm also doing cyber plays like CRWD, PANW, and PLTR doubling my money with some. Then I've got spec junk plays like HYSR. Cool technology in development - using solar to break down water in their respective elements - H2 and O.

Speaking of chasing, I sold NVDA long before its recent run. Ouch! One of these days the Big 7 are gonna fall. They've run too far too fast. Momentum plays.........

no Sir!….diversification is the mantra around here

stocks , mostly precious metal stocks , bitcoin , physical gold and silver , and property has been an ok plan for us

we also,have a basket of other cryptos like Solana and Polka Dot and a few more

but yeah , thanks for the heads up on the AI play

BrassNwood

Veteran
It's a communist plot. The CCP has remotely disabled our like buttons thinking it will drive us insane. Damn they just might be on to something.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There it is. Clearly written words in my language as a wordsmith...

...And I haven't a clue.

Here is the equivalent concept from yer Unca. I speak Mandarin, and can speak a perfect sentence in Mandarin to a Chinese person, and he will simply not understand it.

"I feel a companion-boat with him."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Translation understandable only in English: "pengyo (friend) chwan (boat/ship)" Friendship. I feel a friendship with him.

"A stone falls in a well."

Translation: The sound a stone will make falling in a well sounds like: "bu-dung!"

Double Secrit Temple Street Mandarin Translation:

"bu-dung" in Mandarin means: "I don't understand".

SUMMARY:

There ole @dogzter wuz, doing fine... And suddenly the sumbitch started talking Temple Street Mandarin ENGLISH!!
Thats vaping the shiny crystals by them selves..........wish we lived closer to each other.

Latest posts

Latest posts