What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
meanwhile , nothing worse than a dull needle

nothing would please me more than Nancy sharpening my needle..

IMG_8430.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Brother!……at our age , we need all the encouragement we can get!….

are you all going out for breakfast this morning?…no rounding up of tennis balls in the park?….any overnight shootings in the hood?….

our little town is so boring compared to a big city like Portlandia where there is some action 24/7

i will say this though , we have quite an investigation going on in town…it is bad enough that the state fbi are in town investigating

in a nutshell , the fbi is investigating a murder case

seems the sheriffs mother-in-law may have murdered her boyfriend , two shots to the head

he was a prominent rancher and big landowner out here

here is where it all gets sketchy….rumors are flying that the son shot the dad and the girlfriend is covering for him….then the other rumor is that the girlfriend shot him and the son is covering for his mom….

and of course just about everyone involved , especially the rancher and his girlfriend , they are all big alcoholics , whiskey

the case is so sketchy that two of the deputies have resigned in protest as to how the sheriff has been conducting the investigation which probably has to do with his mother 👩 n law….

or something like that

so yeah , we seen the two black fbi suburbans rolling around town and there is a shadow of gloom around the little town this morning….
We were out for breakfast yesterday at the Cadilliac Cafe, using a gift card from our next-door neighbor in appreciation for our ongoing support. Grayfox takes care of their cat when they are traveling and I lend a hand on home projects.

Nice neighbors, both intelligent, but she was in health care and his proclivities lie with municipal project management vis a vis mechanical insight, which is mostly where my support has come in, usually after he has already made a run at it and has encountered complications.

Uplifting that they appreciate it enough to buy us breakfast!

I've eschewed our long morning walks, that included the tennis courts, in deference to my lower badk issues, so no thrilling tennis ball caches scored recently, and Portland has had around 16 homicides by gunfire thus far this year, but I don't see any new ones so far today. Mostly gang violence.

Hee, hee, hee, sounds like the suspense deepens on your local homicide with the FBI becoming involved. I wait with bait on my breath to hear the details as they unravel as well as the final denouement.

Old Uncle Ben

I thought UncleBen had a few Threads around here but all be damned if I can find his name in the Members List

Old fart, remember!

Check this out, a mushroom side explosion on a C99 backcross. So weird. Believe I'm at about 7 weeks 12/12. Has that old timey C99 bubble gum aroma some of you veteran old pHarts should remember!

This has been the most fukked up garden I've ever done, partly my fault - neglectful watering inducing premature leaf drop, fungus gnat explosion, spider mites. One of my main priorities is getting this damn vineyard pruned. Also greenhouse tropical trees are exploding in blooms. Pollinators are having a ball, mostly flies, bees and butterflies. Smells SOOOO fine. Ever smelled a mango blooms? Suwwwwwwweeet!

I did a pollen chuck with two afghani goyls. One was a female 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90, the other was a Read Seeds "afghaan mix". Male was a 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90, Real Seeds (via Kwik Seeds).

C99March7.jpg

BeesOnMangoMarch#2.jpg

FlyOnMango.jpg

Harvested about 100 Meyer lemons on one tree. Figure I have another 100 to go. Me and friends zest, juice....freezing juice in ice cube trays. Leaves have dropped with a new flush and is blooming.

Meyer Jan 7#2.jpg

Make it a great day,
UB

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
We were out for breakfast yesterday at the Cadilliac Cafe, using a gift card from our next-door neighbor in appreciation for our ongoing support. Grayfox takes care of their cat when they are traveling and I lend a hand on home projects.

Nice neighbors, both intelligent, but she was in health care and his proclivities lie with municipal project management vis a vis mechanical insight, which is mostly where my support has come in, usually after he has already made a run at it and has encountered complications.

Uplifting that they appreciate it enough to buy us breakfast!

I've eschewed our long morning walks, that included the tennis courts, in deference to my lower badk issues, so no thrilling tennis ball caches scored recently, and Portland has had around 16 homicides by gunfire thus far this year, but I don't see any new ones so far today. Mostly gang violence.

Hee, hee, hee, sounds like the suspense deepens on your local homicide with the FBI becoming involved. I wait with bait on my breath to hear the details as they unravel as well as the final denouement.

stay tuned Brother , stay tuned

we are down to the sheriff and two deputies right now so the bank is a sitting duck..😂😂😂

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just checked the IC Mag concentrates column and it still has like buttons, so the problem is local.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Old fart, remember!

Check this out, a mushroom side explosion on a C99 backcross. So weird. Believe I'm at about 7 weeks 12/12. Has that old timey C99 bubble gum aroma some of you veteran old pHarts should remember!

This has been the most fukked up garden I've ever done, partly my fault - neglectful watering inducing premature leaf drop, fungus gnat explosion, spider mites. One of my main priorities is getting this damn vineyard pruned. Also greenhouse tropical trees are exploding in blooms. Pollinators are having a ball, mostly flies, bees and butterflies. Smells SOOOO fine. Ever smelled a mango blooms? Suwwwwwwweeet!

I did a pollen chuck with two afghani goyls. One was a female 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90, the other was a Read Seeds "afghaan mix". Male was a 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90, Real Seeds (via Kwik Seeds).

View attachment 18970499

View attachment 18970501

View attachment 18970502

Harvested about 100 Meyer lemons on one tree. Figure I have another 100 to go. Me and friends zest, juice....freezing juice in ice cube trays. Leaves have dropped with a new flush and is blooming.

View attachment 18970504

Make it a great day,
UB

just slap me upside the head Ben , maybe twice , that will help jar the reset button on my fecking fading memory!…

some beautiful photos Amigo!

some c99 about 4 years ago….

IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2626.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
not to late to buy some bitcoin….it has went up a lot the last 30 days and is headed to the moon

about 45 days ago Bitcoin was under $40,000 each

gold has also had a nice little pop and hit some new highs

IMG_8432.png

Old Uncle Ben

Enjoy wood working/refinishing. Been building speakers since the 60's. Recent projects - refinished a big pecan desk for a friend and trimmed out my kitchen and dining room window sills in red oak to match the red oak cabinets, hutch, dining room suite, etc. Waterlox Original Sealer is my go to. It's a tung oil varnish, really pops the grain. Best I've used in 45 years. No sanding needed between coats. I knock down the raised nubs after the first coat with 220 grit though. No need for water app to raise the grain.

Ripped, sanded, did a round over on 1X8. Matching the radius on the window sill was fun! Didn't have to use caulk cause there wasn't any gaps. Damn proud of that.

RedOakBoards.jpg

RedOakBoards#6.jpg

Cures for weeks, gloss backs off to about 55%.

RedOakBoards#5.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts