What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I stay away from "marketed" nutes/fertilizers like the plague.

It's funny, I come to grow forums to chat about growing, but find it is hard to talk about it without people thinking that I'm standing on a soap box or trying to change the way they grow personally. I would never want to try to change someone's style if it is working for them and they are happy. There are a million and one ways to grow good smokeable herb and if someone has found one that works then I am happy for them. The more smelly green the better the world is as I see it. I'm not saying I feel this here, but my reluctance comes from past experiences on other threads and forums.

Prohibition has ruined growing the good old fashion way and has overcomplicated it in my opinion. I am always on the search for simple because I have found in most things in life simple often results in less stress and a good outcome.

Mind you, I grow in an extremely large pot and quantity is never my goal indoors, but I do two grows back to back with nothing more then good starting soil and worm castings. I am sure I could keep it going for many more grows if I didn't move to the outdoors in the spring. Do I loose some fans along the way? Yes, but who cares, I smoke flower not the leaves. Could I produce an ounce more with a different method? Doubtful, but maybe..not really concerned personally as I end up composting it by the pound as it is already. Could I win plant of the month over and over again if I kept the plant green til the end? I don't grow to impress, I grow for the love.

@SubGirl this was a stoned rant about my growing philosophy. I've had success growing as simple as I could possibly grow. If you ever want to chat you are always welcome to tag me in Subies Garden and I will type your ear off.
I like you like to keep it simple and have watched others put tons of money and extra time into their grows with huge amounts of products expecting to see way better flowers than I put out at the end never seeing or hearing about the incredible weed produced. im sure that the cool graphics and packaging draw many in. I’ve been very lucky to have had help from my experienced cannabis friends to grow some incredible weed (and some not so incredible) I have been and am still excited about my hobby and have enjoyed smoking my own weed everyday. I don’t compost any like you but I do give away some supply clones for the hood and give advice if I can and it’s wanted and it makes me feel good to pay it forward as so many others have done for me.

I don’t agree that talking grow methods here is anything like politics and religion. Weed talk is always welcome on this thread so please don’t feel uncomfortable bringing it up. everyone here that I know is always welcome to share information and learn something new.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I like you like to keep it simple and have watched others put tons of money and extra time into their grows with huge amounts of products expecting to see way better flowers than I put out at the end never seeing or hearing about the incredible weed produced. im sure that the cool graphics and packaging draw many in. I’ve been very lucky to have had help from my experienced cannabis friends to grow some incredible weed (and some not so incredible) I have been and am still excited about my hobby and have enjoyed smoking my own weed everyday. I don’t compost any like you but I do give away some supply clones for the hood and give advice if I can and it’s wanted and it makes me feel good to pay it forward as so many others have done for me.

I don’t agree that talking grow methods here is anything like politics and religion. Weed talk is always welcome on this thread so please don’t feel uncomfortable bringing it up. everyone here that I know is always welcome to share information and learn something new.
Well said Subby.

Unca Walt

420club
Yep, old uncle Ben is the man when it comes to nutrients. I’m trying to catch up on you guys posting and just takes forever to read all the posts since this morning. I’m feeling a whole lot better. I’m getting ready to make dinner now. It appears that I have Ivan for a pair of slippers, he’s always laying on my feet when I’m sitting in a chair and not more than a foot away from me When I’m in bed…he’s got a great future being my sidekick❤️
A guy I knew named Starkey put it clear:

"Tough is best."

Unca Walt

420club
1\16 of a inch of kieff across the whole screen in the zeals a nice thing to inhale.
🙃
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There it is. Clearly written words in my language as a wordsmith...

...And I haven't a clue.

Here is the equivalent concept from yer Unca. I speak Mandarin, and can speak a perfect sentence in Mandarin to a Chinese person, and he will simply not understand it.

"I feel a companion-boat with him."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Translation understandable only in English: "pengyo (friend) chwan (boat/ship)" Friendship. I feel a friendship with him.

"A stone falls in a well."

Translation: The sound a stone will make falling in a well sounds like: "bu-dung!"

Double Secrit Temple Street Mandarin Translation:

"bu-dung" in Mandarin means: "I don't understand".

SUMMARY:

There ole @dogzter wuz, doing fine... And suddenly the sumbitch started talking Temple Street Mandarin ENGLISH!!

Unca Walt

420club
the last thing I want is more scars on my belly and I'm pretty sure it's gonna take surgery to resolve it...a nurse asked me if I was retired military...I said no and asked why she thought that...she told me it appeared I jumped on a grenade judging from my scars...4 incisions will make you think that...
Now that made me laugh.

Last time I was on the phone with ya, you damn' near kilt me because you kept coming up with shit that made me laugh out loud... and I was sick as a dog.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy today, starting at 32F and predicted to reach 59F.

An open calendar, inciting dreams of moral turpitude and wanton debauchery. Let the joy begin!!

314479-419685246-18073134052454939-3290010952523709904-n.jpg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
good morning GW and all of you Cool Cats

today I will be helping my friend by installing all the plumbing and pipes for a new walk-in shower

should be easy peasy , hot and cold shutoffs , a few pex fittings , the controller , and BAM!….

meanwhile back at the ranch , the new coffee maker has announced that the black brew is ready for me to make love to it

IMG_8429.jpeg