What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yep, old uncle Ben is the man when it comes to nutrients. I’m trying to catch up on you guys posting and just takes forever to read all the posts since this morning. I’m feeling a whole lot better. I’m getting ready to make dinner now. It appears that I have Ivan for a pair of slippers, he’s always laying on my feet when I’m sitting in a chair and not more than a foot away from me When I’m in bed…he’s got a great future being my sidekick❤️

Sun&Soil

I am however needing to buy new nutrients. I’ve been using Advance Nutrients the last three grows. I used FoxFarms before that. I don’t like a bunch of stuff but would be willing to try something else. Maybe ready to try something else if it’s not too cumbersome and expensive. Anyone find one nutrient line better than others. If you use a million products in your grow never mind as I like the kiss method. I have had sucessful grows using both FF and Advance Nutrients but since I’m shopping, I’m all ears for something new and exciting…
Don't you grow in soil?

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Yep, old uncle Ben is the man when it comes to nutrients. I’m trying to catch up on you guys posting and just takes forever to read all the posts since this morning. I’m feeling a whole lot better. I’m getting ready to make dinner now. It appears that I have Ivan for a pair of slippers, he’s always laying on my feet when I’m sitting in a chair and not more than a foot away from me When I’m in bed…he’s got a great future being my sidekick❤️
Glad you're at least moving and a bit better.
At least there was some progress as far as why you're so ill.

jokerman

Premium user
1709857145634.jpeg

couldn't help it

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Glad you're at least moving and a bit better.
At least there was some progress as far as why you're so ill.
the last thing I want is more scars on my belly and I'm pretty sure it's gonna take surgery to resolve it...a nurse asked me if I was retired military...I said no and asked why she thought that...she told me it appeared I jumped on a grenade judging from my scars...4 incisions will make you think that...

Janborrego

I am however needing to buy new nutrients. I’ve been using Advance Nutrients the last three grows. I used FoxFarms before that. I don’t like a bunch of stuff but would be willing to try something else. Maybe ready to try something else if it’s not too cumbersome and expensive. Anyone find one nutrient line better than others. If you use a million products in your grow never mind as I like the kiss method. I have had sucessful grows using both FF and Advance Nutrients but since I’m shopping, I’m all ears for something new and exciting…
You only want organic? I can suggest Jacks 20 20 20 but it is not organic. But it is about 28 bucks for a 4 pound tub on amazon. I got mine end of August I think and have had 24 plants going constantly and I still have 3/4 of the tub or more. You only use 1/2 tsp per gallon of water at every watering. My outside plants are getting it every other watering. I have to water them every day outside. I do not want to burn them. So far they have no nute burn.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Talk to Bubba

Sun&Soil

Yes, I like the strawberry soil from Foxfarms. I don’t plan to change the soil. I don’t usually have to add nutes till 3 weeks after the last transplant in veg.
I stay away from "marketed" nutes/fertilizers like the plague.

It's funny, I come to grow forums to chat about growing, but find it is hard to talk about it without people thinking that I'm standing on a soap box or trying to change the way they grow personally. I would never want to try to change someone's style if it is working for them and they are happy. There are a million and one ways to grow good smokeable herb and if someone has found one that works then I am happy for them. The more smelly green the better the world is as I see it. I'm not saying I feel this here, but my reluctance comes from past experiences on other threads and forums.

Prohibition has ruined growing the good old fashion way and has overcomplicated it in my opinion. I am always on the search for simple because I have found in most things in life simple often results in less stress and a good outcome.

Mind you, I grow in an extremely large pot and quantity is never my goal indoors, but I do two grows back to back with nothing more then good starting soil and worm castings. I am sure I could keep it going for many more grows if I didn't move to the outdoors in the spring. Do I loose some fans along the way? Yes, but who cares, I smoke flower not the leaves. Could I produce an ounce more with a different method? Doubtful, but maybe..not really concerned personally as I end up composting it by the pound as it is already. Could I win plant of the month over and over again if I kept the plant green til the end? I don't grow to impress, I grow for the love.

@SubGirl this was a stoned rant about my growing philosophy. I've had success growing as simple as I could possibly grow. If you ever want to chat you are always welcome to tag me in Subies Garden and I will type your ear off.