What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I have a bit of Parkinson’s going on so I am not that steady. Would a bolt thru the chest be effective?
This bolt should work
IMG_2462.jpeg

oldfogey8

16 not bad. I usually get about 20, one was at least 25. She peed in the toilet. Used litter box for number two. Such a good puddy.

Bubba
Buzzy was my longest living cat at 16 but I thought was pretty good for an indoor/outdoor cat. Over the years I have lost several to feline leukemia(even one that received the ‘vaccine’ when it became available. A few to kidney failure(probably due to mid grade food and apparently not brushing their teeth). Buzzy was one of the best though. He learned to look both ways before crossing the street and as I posted a while ago, apparently learned how to escape a cage when I boarded him once(and only once). Smart fkr…☹️

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I think you have to go for the head. You got birdshot? It sprays pretty good to help your aim. I used snakeshot all the time in my 38 for the snakes in Georgia I killed them every time. I missed with a single shot up close so this was a necessary for me to ensure the kill.

oldfogey8

You should see its parents!

The Native Americans used to catch whole flocks at a time using covered pens. You could pick, choose, and release.

Consider a permanent covered pen that you regularly put feed in to attract them and periodically spring the trap and pick one to eat.

If it were in my back yard, I would probably Just shoot it in the head with my pellet rifle.
I have an old Crossman and a tin of pellets. I may try that tomorrow but I haven’t used it since my kids were younger so it may have tired seals. I like the covered pen idea but I am thinking the sooner I do the deed, the better. I am hoping she is not infectious to or has infected the other birds. One of my toms has been coming to my yard almost daily for going on 4 years. He has a fkd up wing feather and his left eye is damaged so he and I know each other pretty well(his name is Thomas😁).

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you have to go for the head. You got birdshot? It sprays pretty good to help your aim. I used snakeshot all the time in my 38 for the snakes in Georgia I killed them every time. I missed with a single shot up close so this was a necessary for me to ensure the kill.
If you were going to use a firearm, shot rounds are a good idea for birds, but if you are trying to be quiet about it, a target grade pellet rifle works well.

Mine put ten rounds through a target at 10 meters, using a machine rest, and there is one hole in the target slightly smaller than the .177 diameter pellets, because of the way a hole punched in paper, rather than cut, closes back up after the projectile passes.

Mine has twin opposing pistons to eliminate recoil and a trigger pull adjustable in grams. Before cataracts I used to practice in my back yard in the city and no one ever complained about the noise.

oldfogey8

If you were going to use a firearm, shot rounds are a good idea for birds, but if you are trying to be quiet about it, a target grade pellet rifle works well.

Mine put ten rounds through a target at 10 meters, using a machine rest, and there is one hole in the target slightly smaller than the .177 diameter pellets, because of the way a hole punched in paper, rather than cut, closes back up after the projectile passes.

Mine has twin opposing pistons to eliminate recoil and a trigger pull adjustable in grams. Before cataracts I used to practice in my back yard in the city and no one ever complained about the noise.
I have a 22 and a shotgun but I live in a suburban setting with 3 cops on my cul de sac(dead end is what I call it but the wife is a former real estate agent so I am informed it is a cul de sac😁). A gun shot would bring the local cops lickety split. My Crossman is a cheapo air gun. Certainly not target grade. I think the Fish and Game option is best. Besides, I got a crossbow out of the deal.😂

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

Ten rounds at once like a spray?
yeah fogey needs that nice and quiet too.

kevinn

I have a 22 and a shotgun but I live in a suburban setting with 3 cops on my cul de sac(dead end is what I call it but the wife is a former real estate agent so I am informed it is a cul de sac😁). A gun shot would bring the local cops lickety split. My Crossman is a cheapo air gun. Certainly not target grade. I think the Fish and Game option is best. Besides, I got a crossbow out of the deal.😂
22 does not make a whole lot of noise !!!!!! I use one for squirrels which we are being overrun with. They have eaten wires out of 2 of are cars and going after bluebird houses.

oldfogey8

Will she eat out of your hand? Could fool her with the old bait and switch thing
I think she is part of a flock of 9 hens that recently joined the other flock that has been feasting at my ‘diner’ for the last couple of years. She is leery of me. I had to sneak around to get even the shitty pic that I got. I kept getting outsmarted by her hiding behind trees and brush. It is sad that I am being outsmarted by an animal with 10% of the grey matter I have.