What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Where the Moms lives in Nashville wild turkeys roam around the neighborhood regularly. Little ones in tow...
We have had hens bring their poults in the past. They haven’t started nesting here yet as it is still too cold but the dominant Tom is ready to mate. He joists with his older buddy and last years Jake frequently. This is the crew…
View media item 18716641

oldfogey8

Could be blackhead disease.
That is what I am thinking. That or Lymphoproliferative disease. ☹️

BubbasPlace

We had a male cat who had crystals years ago. Fed him low ash food for a while. He was better for a few months but they came back. Started letting him go outside and it was never a problem again even with regular food. He lived to the ripe old age of 16. Brushing Genny cat’s teeth would be impossible without drugging her. She is pretty wild.
16 not bad. I usually get about 20, one was at least 25. She peed in the toilet. Used litter box for number two. Such a good puddy.

Bubba

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Odd.....all the problems you list I have only had with male cats! Including the crystals....usually a boy cat problem. Best advice I can give is get insurance, and brush their teeth. Sounds crazy but you will save their kidneys in older age.
Brushing my Louie and Cleo’s teeth is not an option. I’ll bet the family pet health plan gets right with your pocketbook too. I’ve had a male with the crystal problem. Finally had to put him down as it was costing me 400.00 a pop to fix him. Three times within a year was the charm I was a young apprentice and could not afford that.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the biggest cat I ever saw?
You should see its parents!
I have a flock, currently sitting at 21(18 hens and 3 Toms), that frequent my yard. My chances of getting the diseased hen is pretty slim.
The Native Americans used to catch whole flocks at a time using covered pens. You could pick, choose, and release.

Consider a permanent covered pen that you regularly put feed in to attract them and periodically spring the trap and pick one to eat.

If it were in my back yard, I would probably Just shoot it in the head with my pellet rifle.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
This thread has literally gone to the birds.

turkey-twerkey.gif

oldfogey8

Been wanting a crossbow for a while. My wife was even curious about them about 6 months ago(which struck me as strange). I don’t have a pound of ganja to send you(😂) at the moment so I have a relatively cheap one coming tomorrow.
A buddy of mine who is a seasoned hunter said turkeys are harder to kill than one would think and that you need to shoot them in the head since their feathers provide pretty good ‘armor’ against a shotgun. Any input on where I should aim a crossbow at the diseased hen would be appreciated.