What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Sprinkle salt on its tail
O that so triggered an old memory!

I remember my sister (she was four years older than me) being told to do that very thing by my father.

That means I was about three or four years old, and WWII was still on.

Anyway, Judy ran around the yard, trying to sprinkle salt from a salt shaker on a bunch of chippies.

Talk about old memories... that one is 80 years old. Jeez.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
O that so triggered an old memory!

I remember my sister (she was four years older than me) being told to do that very thing by my father.

That means I was about three or four years old, and WWII was still on.

Anyway, Judy ran around the yard, trying to sprinkle salt from a salt shaker on a bunch of chippies.

Talk about old memories... that one is 80 years old. Jeez.
My Grandaddy in Oklahoma told me that but to catch a squirrel. an old memory for me too. I guess it was a thing…

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
My Grandaddy in Oklahoma told me that but to catch a squirrel. an old memory for me too. I guess it was a thing…
Salting a bird's tail is a legendary superstition of Europe and America, and an English language idiom. The superstition is that sprinkling salt on a bird's tail will render the bird temporarily unable to fly, enabling its capture.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
yep a .22
Them turkeys are coming for ya if you do…

IMG_2459.gif

BubbasPlace

Welcome to our little slice of paradise Joe. Glad you like the place.

Have a lady bringing by another cat later today as Kevin needs a playmate. I have been using a service called Petfinder. I like it because the cats are kept in foster homes vs a shelter. I think they get better care there and aren't as traumatized as a shelter cat.

She is actually bringing two females....Whitney and Grace.....this is gonna be interesting. Glad this is happening today as I will be trimming tomorrow ans the house will smell like pot.
Hey! I have 3! Two females that are sisters, and a boy yellow cat. Perfect number!

jokerman

Premium user

Cutbacks​

One day Mr. Smith, the president of a large corporation, called his vice-president, Dave, into his office and said, "We're making some cutbacks, so either Jack or Barbara will have to be laid off." Dave looked at Mr. Smith and said, "Barbara is my best worker, but Jack has a wife and three kids. I don't know whom to fire." The next morning Dave waited for his employees to arrive. Barbara was the first to come in, so Dave said, "Barbara, I've got a problem. You see, I've got to lay you or Jack off and I don't know what to do?" Barbara replied, "You'd better jack off. I've got a headache."

BubbasPlace

We had always had male cats. No issues with them getting along. When we have brought home new ones, it would take a while for them to warm up to one another but they always have(as dog said, they act weird for a while/month/months). Then we adopted 2 feral female kittens(probably 4 or 5 weeks old). They were ok for a while but the feral never left them. They are territorial and attack the slider when they see our favorite cat, Dennis, waiting to come in. They HATE Dennis. They are like trying to pick up water when I try to pick them up. I can’t get them into a pet carrier without bleeding so they don’t go to the vet. They also stink sometimes. Their coats are coarse and cause my wife to sneeze. I don’t know if all their faults are because they are female or they were feral but we will never get female cats again. As a bonus, one got crystals in her urine so now they get fed special food. We thought we were doing the right thing by adopting them but no good deed goes unpunished. I’d recommend getting another male cat. Ours like to hunt outside together. The girls are strictly indoor cats(by their own choice)…
Odd.....all the problems you list I have only had with male cats! Including the crystals....usually a boy cat problem. Best advice I can give is get insurance, and brush their teeth. Sounds crazy but you will save their kidneys in older age.

oldfogey8

Odd.....all the problems you list I have only had with male cats! Including the crystals....usually a boy cat problem. Best advice I can give is get insurance, and brush their teeth. Sounds crazy but you will save their kidneys in older age.
We had a male cat who had crystals years ago. Fed him low ash food for a while. He was better for a few months but they came back. Started letting him go outside and it was never a problem again even with regular food. He lived to the ripe old age of 16. Brushing Genny cat’s teeth would be impossible without drugging her. She is pretty wild.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I can't see her that well could be groups of ticks?
Could be blackhead disease.

BubbasPlace

We had a male cat who had crystals years ago. Fed him low ash food for a while. He was better for a few months but they came back. Started letting him go outside and it was never a problem again even with regular food. He lived to the ripe old age of 16. Brushing Genny cat’s teeth would be impossible without drugging her. She is pretty wild.
Yup, they don't like it, even with chicken toothpaste.

Latest posts

Latest posts