What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

A surgeon I met with didn’t think it needed to come out. I was frankly surprised. I figured he would push the surgery. My problem is I don’t feel severe pain or maybe I just am used to it. If the pain was severe, he would chop me up. I just don’t feel pain like most people. I walked home a mile on a broken ankle when I was a kid. They want me to limit fat intake to under 40 grams a day. I typically only eat 30-35 according to a diet app I use. I eat once a day because I am never hungry. My blood work is fkd. Probably autonomic but I am no doctor. 😁
Watch that gallbladder situation my mom's flared up like lower back pain.
The gallbladder was rottening from inside out.

oldfogey8

Watch that gallbladder situation my mom's flared up like lower back pain.
The gallbladder was rottening from inside out.
Thanks for the heads up. Did your mom have a HIDA scan done? That is the test they used to determine that my gall bladder was not emptying properly. What were the symptoms that she experienced that triggered the removal of the rotting gall bladder?

OleReynard

Thanks for the heads up. Did your mom have a HIDA scan done? That is the test they used to determine that my gall bladder was not emptying properly. What were the symptoms that she experienced that triggered the removal of the rotting gall bladder?
Lower back pain that she blamed on a broken back.
Didn't really get sick persay she was eating dairy no complications.
As far as testing not sure but I'm sure they did that.
She got of the hospital with that then a week later she was spitting up blood out both ends, ruptured 2 blood cells in her neck, she could've died.

oldfogey8

Does anybody here have any knowledge of real estate and percentages? I’ve got a piece of commercial real estate that has done quite well in value and I’ve got somebody wanting to sell it for me and I don’t know if he’s looking at a fair brokerage rate or not
I would shop around. I asked my wife who was doing residential real estate in Massachusetts about commercial property rates but she said rates can vary depending on a bunch of factors(location, investor interest, location, condition of property, location, etc).

giggy

morning everybody, it is amazing how doctors change up the way you take your meds. my stomach med that i have took for a couple years now, every morning has now changed to 2 a day now lunch and dinner. the one i took in the evening is now morning. that is just the start. sugar has been running high so more water to the day, kinda hard when your not working and sweating like a pig, back off on the salt, this is getting old real quick. other wise i'm the same ol sob i have always been, just a little grumpier.

how is everybody? i try to keep up but there's no way, yall move to fast. still waiting my down time till coffee. gotta figure out what i want for breakfast. chat at yall later.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Yup, there is a place for that. However I am talking large rainbows on 6x Tippett with #22 flies. You will be broke off every time......unless you have done this many times before.

that is funny

dude , you have not watched ONE of the videos I posted on Tenkara

i will try one more video and there are a bunch more videos on catching big fish on a Tenkara rod , like salmon…

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
IMG_8366.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
that is funny

i will try one more video and there are a bunch more videos on catching big fish on a Tenkara rod , like salmon…

that is funny

I did to. When do you want me to pick you up?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
on my Mitchell Garcia open face reel I use 4 lb test line with a 2lb leader when trout fishing in a place like Lake Taneycomo in Missouri…

I have caught 5 pounders on that rig so I am sure my 13 foot Tenkara rod with a 6x tippet will be able to handle just about any fish in Pueblo

going over to Jackson pond today and practice some more

IMG_0951.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

come on over and I will show you how to Tenkara fish and you will get rid of that rod and reel you use….

IMG_0952.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
on my Mitchell Garcia open face reel I use 4 lb test line with a 2lb leader when trout fishing in a place like Lake Taneycomo in Missouri…

I have caught 5 pounders on that rig so I am sure my 13 foot Tenkara rod with a 6x tippet will be able to handle just about any fish in Pueblo

going over to Jackson pond today and practice some more

View attachment 18967790

View attachment 18967791

come on over and I will show you how to Tenkara fish and you will get rid of that rod and reel you use….

View attachment 18967792
I guess it's time to quit talking an start fishing!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, there is a place for that. However I am talking large rainbows on 6x Tippett with #22 flies. You will be broke off every time......unless you have done this many times before.
The most fun I ever had fishing was with a Roddy fly pole on the Deschutes River. The state had just released hatchlings and we couldn't keep them off our flies, so I replaced my fly reel with a 304 Garcia Michell with 4# test line. I borrowed a flatfish from my fishing buddy and climbed out on a midstream rock to fish the back eddy at a bend in the river.

I hooked into a 26" Steelhead and fought her for about 45 minutes on a fly pole with 4-pound test line, working to keep her in the back eddy and out of the fast-moving river there at the bend. The second time I was able to reel her in close to my rock, she was worn out enough that my friend was able to net her.

Not the biggest fish I caught if you count offshore Salmon fishing but loads more fun on light tackle than the tackle used on tour boats where they want the fish out of the water as soon as possible so that the rest of the fisherman can resume fishing without danger of tangling lines.