What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah but you gotta cook them in that beaker for 45 min then still sear them. That’s why i was wondering are they that much more delicious? I may not be as picky as I can eat them cooked on the grill, pan fried, on my George Foreman or broiled in the oven. I would like to be a guest at the GW table tho with one of them steaks cooked in the stainless beads in his kitchen lab and some of his famous orange crème brûlée and of course try out some of that stuff he has that I know nothing about for a night cap. An Uber and doggie bag may also be required. 😊
Yeah but you gotta cook them in that beaker for 45 min then still sear them. That’s why i was wondering are they that much more delicious? I may not be as picky as I can eat them cooked on the grill, pan fried, on my George Foreman or broiled in the oven. I would like to be a guest at the GW table tho with one of them steaks cooked in the stainless beads in his kitchen lab and some of his famous orange crème brûlée and of course try out some of that stuff he has that I know nothing about for a night cap. An Uber and doggie bag may also be required. 😊
Steaks are damn tasty done sous vide and then seared. The juices are all retained during cooking and searing in the Panini press provides the perfect Maillard char flavor.

As you can see from the picture, it is a perfect medium rare and look at the juices that ran when it was cut.

Do drop by with your mate and we'll share.

Sirloin medium rare.jpg

exoticrobotic

Good morning old farts and fartesses.

Just a quick one i need to get deeply medicated quickly as lower back is fucked again after all day fixing leaking dhw. thank fuck for dhc.

1 Sous Vide bath at 180F

Would you be able to recommend a small entry level good one?

I was thinking about sous vide only the other day after i cooked some lentils in the new pressure cooker and was amazed at the retention and concentration of flavours. I'd like to try some steak with them and your creme brulee recipe. The mrs, daughter and dog go crazy for creme brulee. the dog starts to talk when it's around.

On another note, have any of you old gits had back fusion surgery after injections didnt really work?

I do recall seeing some internal scaffolding pics but can't recall who it was.

Do you recommend it, did it help?

I need to be beach ready this summer!

Cheers.

:tiphat:

393DCEB200000578-0-image-a-98_1476016484570.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
In the news today - a bunker for the ridiculously rich -

A luxurious bunker for the ultra rich is being built as the ideal hideaway for any wealthy billionaires in search of a doomsday sanctuary - and will come complete with a ring of fire, an escape tunnel, and even water cannons for protection against intruders.

In a bid to offer the most exclusive form of protection amid rising reports of conflict, climate change, possible nuclear attacks and mass shootings, billionaires are being given the chance to invest in a spot inside the extravagant bunker.

While traditional preppers ready themselves for the worst by stocking up on food and creating escape routes, the uber wealthy have been given a much more lavish alternative in the space, which will come equipped high-tech medical and decontamination rooms, and secret safety doors.

With construction underway, the home will also feature electrical fencing, as well as powerful water cannons that shoot out from 500 feet away to keep everyone off the property.

exoticrobotic

In the news today - a bunker for the ridiculously rich -

A luxurious bunker for the ultra rich is being built as the ideal hideaway for any wealthy billionaires in search of a doomsday sanctuary - and will come complete with a ring of fire, an escape tunnel, and even water cannons for protection against intruders.

In a bid to offer the most exclusive form of protection amid rising reports of conflict, climate change, possible nuclear attacks and mass shootings, billionaires are being given the chance to invest in a spot inside the extravagant bunker.

While traditional preppers ready themselves for the worst by stocking up on food and creating escape routes, the uber wealthy have been given a much more lavish alternative in the space, which will come equipped high-tech medical and decontamination rooms, and secret safety doors.

With construction underway, the home will also feature electrical fencing, as well as powerful water cannons that shoot out from 500 feet away to keep everyone off the property.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 08.49.16.png

Unca Walt

420club
The Beautiful Witch and Himself dragged ourselves outa bed (we've got Yuk Flu) to go to the H&R Block folks.

There was a pretty serious bet going on here: Herself was double-certain sure that the cash-in of my annuity for a PM buy would slam us about $15,000 more than I had allowed for in taxes.

My mental jiggering of the IRS crapola formulae had come out to at least about even. So I had made the biggest PM buy of my 45 years of buying...

The tax lady doing the arcane rites on a computer, a drawing pad (for signatures), stacks of files, and a small sinister figurine came up with the answer:

We be gettin' back $7,500 and change!

The Scottish Witch did those big round eyes thing she does that captivates me. She looked at me like I had just walked across the lake to her boat.

Soon as I get my hands on that fiat -- it's off to my four-decades LCD to change it into money.

Wait: The tax lady and I got to talking while she was cranking numbers... She wound up asking for a signed copy of The Cadet. So I made a second trip there -- top service, having the author deliver the book...

Unca Walt

420club
She grew that a couple years ago had a sizeable crop, I believe she still has some of the seed left from last time.
That just barely made it here, two had to go inside for a bit.

Good ideas for sure, I'll go thru my Rolledex and look for a bit.
I was gonna ask about sweet skunk but you guys aren't around me.

I got some joti and Peak bc stuff I'll check on fin times of those also.

She said something about autos but I'm not an auto fan so can't give her any direction on that. I know they're hit and miss.

Thanks guys and gals
I love it when you guys talk dirty.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.

CaptainLucky

What qualities am I looking for in a Vape, Guys and Gals?
Quite a bit to choose from, I'm gonna have to start doing something different.
Don't really want to get Into edibles, I already make gummys and I make my own green balm also.
I might not be able to stay out of the edibles with bourbon balls being at the top of the list.

I dont see getting into the concentrates like shatter and wax and stuff.
So it'd be more for flower and hash.

The vaporizer I had given to me and I regifted didn't care for it.

It'll be used on the go or just hanging out so no volcano.
You should check out this device called a MagicStone. It turns your bud into vapor. I have been using one for about a year now and love the thing. Better taste and no harmful effects from the smoke. CL🍀

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning old farts and fartesses.

Just a quick one i need to get deeply medicated quickly as lower back is fucked again after all day fixing leaking dhw. thank fuck for dhc.

Would you be able to recommend a small entry level good one?

I was thinking about sous vide only the other day after i cooked some lentils in the new pressure cooker and was amazed at the retention and concentration of flavours. I'd like to try some steak with them and your creme brulee recipe. The mrs, daughter and dog go crazy for creme brulee. the dog starts to talk when it's around.

On another note, have any of you old gits had back fusion surgery after injections didnt really work?

I do recall seeing some internal scaffolding pics but can't recall who it was.

Do you recommend it, did it help?

I need to be beach ready this summer!

Cheers.

:tiphat:

View attachment 18966047
Good morning ER! I use the Anova: https://anovaculinary.com/products/anova-precision-cooker

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning masterful brothers and kindly sister women!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

More rain starting at 46F and predicted to soar to 52F during the heat of the day.

Off to the gym this morning, followed by a long Jacuzzi soak, and then off to Fernhill dawg park with Miss Layla while the cleaning ladies do their magic.

We got all our paperwork off to the tax man and await the damage news. I notice that every US taxpayer owes $1.1 million as our share of the national debt, and rapidly growing. How many could pay that amount, even if they liquidated all their assets?

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning @Gray Wolf :tiphat:

Amazing looking device. I will get one.

What do you use to vac seal your bags?
I've used a couple methods, the first uses a hand pump to vacuum out the bags and it works, but sometimes the bag valve leaks after a few uses.

For some reason the link won't display, so Google sous vide bags with pump or check Amazon:

This is what we use now:

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
I've used a couple methods, the first uses a hand pump to vacuum out the bags and it works, but sometimes the bag valve leaks after a few uses.

For some reason the link won't display, so Google sous vide bags with pump or check Amazon:

This is what we use now:

I sent that crap machine back,,why do you think its so cheap..read the reviews

......glad yours worked

get food saver..not great but they work

Last edited: