What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Only you would notice that subby....love it....and yes that is the most affectionate cat I have ever seen.
Adopted young cats must be that way. We have Dennis who was taken back to the Animal Rescue League twice before we brought him home. We assumed his name was due to mischief but aside from his stealthy counter surfing(never see him but we hear him jump down), he is a really good cat.
IMG_2215.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You might want to rent a rig instead of buying one depending on how much yall are gonna travel big. We rented one once for vacay big enough for us and the dogs. It was expensive but not nearly as much as buying and upkeeping one. There are groups of RV owners that rent them out maybe some around you to check out.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Only when I do a water bath for peppers or jelly. I’ve made custard in the oven in a pan of water tho. I thought sous vide was kinda like a water bath in sealed jar with water pressure.
‘are you talking about an appliance?
Ok GW. I just went to YouTube and checked out the sous vide gadgets. No I’ve never seen such a thing but I can see you using it making cream brûlée in a giant beaker in your laboratory. I watched the sous vide for dummies video I guess and no I’ve no experience with such a thing

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
(assuming an open question ...) no i haven't yet, but just got a sous vide device for valentine day. i do most of the cooking in this crib. i've put it off as just one more thing to learn. can you suggest a recipe/meal that will convince me to add it to my normal cooking modes? me and spouse are omnivores.
I like it for vegetables, as well as the perfect medium rare steak, when used in concert with a panini press to add the perfect char.

Here is a link to experiments that I did using aluminum beads instead of water, but the same techniques apply:

Here is a good egg bites recipe: https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...cooking-with-aluminum-beads/18-1-2-egg-bites/.
Only when I do a water bath for peppers or jelly. I’ve made custard in the oven in a pan of water tho. I thought sous vide was kinda like a water bath in sealed jar with water pressure.
‘are you talking about an appliance?
Our sous vide appliance heats and circulates the water. I like it better than just heating on the stove top because it is easier to precisely control the temperature.

As noted above, I've also done sous vide using an aluminum bead bath.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I like it for vegetables, as well as the perfect medium rare steak, when used in concert with a panini press to add the perfect char.

Here is a link to experiments that I did using aluminum beads instead of water, but the same techniques apply:

Here is a good egg bites recipe: https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...cooking-with-aluminum-beads/18-1-2-egg-bites/.

Our sous vide appliance heats and circulates the water. I like it better than just heating on the stove top because it is easier to precisely control the temperature.

As noted above, I've also done sous vide using an aluminum bead bath.
Aluminum beads. Wow what would make you even think of that? Would like to play with one tho. You like a steak Cooked that way opposed to say on the grill?

oldfogey8

Ok GW. I just went to YouTube and checked out the sous vide gadgets. No I’ve never seen such a thing but I can see you using it making cream brûlée in a giant beaker in your laboratory. I watched the sous vide for dummies video I guess and no I’ve no experience with such a thing
Sous Vide rigs are supposed to make the best steaks too. Sous Vide them and then pan sear them. Perfect rare or medium rare steak like you get at a high end restaurant in your home can’t be beat. That is on my list of gadgets after a stand mixer…

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Sous Vide rigs are supposed to make the best steaks too. Sous Vide them and then pan sear them. Perfect rare or medium rare steak like you get at a high end restaurant in your home can’t be beat. That is on my list of gadgets after a stand mixer…
Yeah but you gotta cook them in that beaker for 45 min then still sear them. That’s why i was wondering are they that much more delicious? I may not be as picky as I can eat them cooked on the grill, pan fried, on my George Foreman or broiled in the oven. I would like to be a guest at the GW table tho with one of them steaks cooked in the stainless beads in his kitchen lab and some of his famous orange crème brûlée and of course try out some of that stuff he has that I know nothing about for a night cap. An Uber and doggie bag may also be required. 😊

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Adopted young cats must be that way. We have Dennis who was taken back to the Animal Rescue League twice before we brought him home. We assumed his name was due to mischief but aside from his stealthy counter surfing(never see him but we hear him jump down), he is a really good cat. View attachment 18965924
Love it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts