What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Africanna

IMG-20240225-WA0000.jpg

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Today was a good day mostly.
Kids came and we ate a ridiculous amount of chicken wings and then they loaded up all their horses,mules and cattle and took them home with them.
😆
Apparently crackin my noggin was the last straw and I aint allowed to be free labor any more........dang it.
😆
I was informed I was on light duty as a handicapped individual and was asked when I plan on pursuing ssdi.
That kind of hurt my feelings and my pride but I understand they love me and want whats best.
I dont have any plans on pursuing anything except their Mama.
🐕

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well - I'm having a Sunday morning 🌄 without the boy around - he will be back around 4pm from his very first 2 night stay with the Army Cadets - meanwhile the wife and daughter made a fun breakfast with eggs and beans and toasted croissants - lots of laughs in the kitchen - still lots of life in our home - sitting here on the balcony with a hash spliff and a strong cuppa coffee - the sun is shining 😀 - but its still a bit nippy out - around 6C -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 18964666 View attachment 18964667

Cloudy today with rain later, starting at 43F and predicted to reach 52F.

@Gypsy Nirvana, how does the Army Cadet thing work? Is it similar to our National Guard?
Ehh - I guess - he joined up when he was just 13 - and does alot of marching - learning survival skills - and basic weapons training - the Air Force and Navy have cadets too - he really enjoys it - so I encourage him - and its good for him - teaches him discipline and how to look after himself and others - to work as a team - learning stuff that could be VERY useful to him - in years to come -

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ehh - I guess - he joined up when he was just 13 - and does alot of marching - learning survival skills - and basic weapons training - the Air Force and Navy have cadets too - he really enjoys it - so I encourage him - and its good for him - teaches him discipline and how to look after himself and others - to work as a team - learning stuff that could be VERY useful to him - in years to come -
Looks like the minimum age for National Guard here is 17, so not the same. Do ya'll have Boy Scouts?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have the Junior ROTC that kids can participate in from grades 9-12 to try and have a better chance to get in ROTC at age 17.
Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)
Good to know about Junior ROTC and I forgot about ROTC because back in the hoary days of yore, we weren't exposed to it until freshman college.

jokerman

Premium user
Well - I'm having a Sunday morning 🌄 without the boy around - he will be back around 4pm from his very first 2 night stay with the Army Cadets - meanwhile the wife and daughter made a fun breakfast with eggs and beans and toasted croissants - lots of laughs in the kitchen - still lots of life in our home - sitting here on the balcony with a hash spliff and a strong cuppa coffee - the sun is shining 😀 - but its still a bit nippy out - around 6C -
Life is good
I never had that but i grew up with woods hunting.
At 14 I joined the local jr rifle team run by a earth science teacher.
He was a pistol shooter and out shot kids with Anschutz.
He taught safety and every Friday Nite 16 kids would come with their 22s and a box of long rifle was .50 cents