What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Wow Big, you have been getting migraines a lot lately. Sorry dude.

thanks for the sympathies Brother….

I know right….February has been a biotch so far….but yeah , it is these damn low pressure systems that get me…been up since about 3:30 nursing things along…

gotta take the dentures out when I feel like this , don’t want to pick my teeth out of a bunch of puke , in the damn toilet!…

i can tell it’s going down and I will be headache free in an hour or two…

otherwise , I will wait a bit before I wake and bake , just coffee right now

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
So Big.....here is the scenario....... You were out on your sail boat having the time of you life.

You were having coffee and a low pressure system moves through! Wind and rain soon follow... suddenly you come down with a terrible migraine! So bad all you can do is lie down.....

Now what?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
So Big.....here is the scenario....... You were out on your sail boat having the time of you life.

You were having coffee and a low pressure system moves through! Wind and rain soon follow... suddenly you come down with a terrible migraine! So bad all you can do is lie down.....

Now what?

easy peasy , heave to my friend!…

please do not disparage my dream , I get enough replies from Swede on Reasons I Should Not Buy A Sailboat

IMG_8299.jpeg

IMG_8300.jpeg

IMG_8301.jpeg

oldfogey8

Yes , good headache morning….aaaarrrrggg
I was in a pipe store the other day and the owner who is from India said they just put a bit of Vick’s Vapor Rub or Tiger Balm on their forehead to get rid of a headache. They were on an anti-Tylenol rant at the time but that I guess is the go-to treatment for close to a billion people. I had never heard of that but then again, the Pharma advertising dollar rules the airwaves while ignoring liver damage caused by ‘pain relievers’…

Edit: on the forehead between the eyebrows.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Ordered

Now time to find some new glass to go with it.
This or one of their couch potatoes for sitting on the couch are my two faves.
got my Voopoo Drag 4 today but dummy me , I didn’t order batteries

so now I am waiting on my batteries and my other part for the rosin , whatever it is called

the new technology out there has gone so far over my head , the industry has come a long long way from hash pipes and bongs

any suggestions on the batteries would be much appreciated…..so many to choose from that it can be overwhelming for a newb

I use the 18650 in my original voopoo drags I would get what the maker suggests.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
You folks have a good day. I’ve got to go corral the boys and then I’m heading out to the gym. I’ve got to get a new phone today because the phone I’m currently using does not service 5G network and 90% of the calls I get here at the house don’t go through. I guess that’s some of the downside of living out in the country

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Well as long as Wonder Woman is on board I guess everything will be fine. Sorry I brought it up. Ha ha!

no need to be sorry for bringing it up , it is a legitimate question and one I have thought about many times

being sick on a passage would be a challenge for sure

but with today’s sailing technology , it is manageable

for example , AIS and a radar will set off an alarm onboard if another vessel comes within 5 miles of one’s location

also , wind vanes and an auto pilot are a sailors friend , just set it and forget it

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
You folks have a good day. I’ve got to go corral the boys and then I’m heading out to the gym. I’ve got to get a new phone today because the phone I’m currently using does not service 5G network and 90% of the calls I get here at the house don’t go through. I guess that’s some of the downside of living out in the country

country?…

there’s country n Florida? 🤪

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
This or one of their couch potatoes for sitting on the couch are my two faves.

I use the 18650 in my original voopoo drags I would get what the maker suggests.

thanks for all your helpful info Amigo!

thats the recommendation , 18650’s ….

but there are many choices and they rate the batteries differently , mAh and amps

like these choices….

Vape 4 just says 18650 , no specific one as far as I could tell

thanks

IMG_8302.png

IMG_8303.png

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
no need to be sorry for bringing it up , it is a legitimate question and one I have thought about many times

being sick on a passage would be a challenge for sure

but with today’s sailing technology , it is manageable

for example , AIS and a radar will set off an alarm onboard if another vessel comes within 5 miles of one’s location

also , wind vanes and an auto pilot are a sailors friend , just set it and forget it
So it's like a self driving car??? Are you gonna buy an electric sailboat? You know like a Tesla?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
So it's like a self driving car??? Are you gonna buy an electric sailboat? You know like a Tesla?

electric sailboats are out there and gaining popularity……same with dinghies , electric motors

i follow these bloggers and they just bought an electric hybrid catamaran , 44 footer

they were gonna go 100% electric but after a lot of consideration , they chose they hybrid electric motor , which are very nice..

Latest posts

Latest posts