What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
can anyone recommend a place to buy some good roasted coffee beans?…..we got a new coffee maker that also grinds the beans…we had some beans and it works really good but I am gonna run out of beans pronto if I fail to restock in a timely manner…🤓🤓🤓

IMG_8269.jpeg

BudToaster

Veteran
the AI showed me another article today that indicates that spores can be damaged from physical abuse - sonic in this article (reference from a Kevin McKernan tweet about aspergillus) which seems the same as my extremely vigorous shaking of the syringe. this time i was very gentle with the liquid culture (mycelium in the syringe) and that seems to have worked.

all this just to document the experience if there are any other mycologists out there.

all this wisdom will be readily accessible via chat when Gypsy feeds icmag into a LLM ... any day now, right Gypsy? THAT will be epic.

Africanna

@Africanna
An 8-mile-long "canvas" filled with ice age drawings of mastodons, giant sloths and other extinct beasts has been discovered in the Amazon rainforest.

The gorgeous art, drawn with ochre — a red pigment frequently used as paint in the ancient world — spans nearly 8 miles (13 kilometers) of rock on the hills above three rock shelters in the Colombian Amazon, a new study finds.

"These really are incredible images, produced by the earliest people to live in western Amazonia," study co-researcher Mark Robinson, an archaeologist at the University of Exeter, who analyzed the rock art alongside Colombian scientists, said in a statement.

Artists have been painting with ochre, a naturally occurring pigment, for hundreds of thousands of years. Their masterpieces range from prehistoric, ochre-pigmented images on cave walls to paintings on canvasses and other artwork from medieval times and onward.

Ochre (pronounced OAK-er) is clay pigmented by hematite, a reddish mineral that contains oxidized iron, which is iron that's been mixed with oxygen, said Paul Pettitt, a professor of paleolithic archaeology at Durham University in the United Kingdom.

Because ochre is a mineral, it doesn't wash away or decay, allowing it to persist through the ages. "Its vibrant color and ability to adhere to surfaces — including the human body — make it an ideal crayon or paint base," said April Nowell, a paleolithic archaeologist and professor and chair at the Department of Anthropology at the University of Victoria in Canada.

View attachment 18961426

View attachment 18961427
Dankie amigo. My comment was tongue in cheek.
The San (Bushmen) paintings here, very old, were done with the same ochre - no doubt after a good pipe full of weed

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
the AI showed me another article today that indicates that spores can be damaged from physical abuse - sonic in this article (reference from a Kevin McKernan tweet about aspergillus) which seems the same as my extremely vigorous shaking of the syringe. this time i was very gentle with the liquid culture (mycelium in the syringe) and that seems to have worked.

all this just to document the experience if there are any other mycologists out there.

all this wisdom will be readily accessible via chat when Gypsy feeds icmag into a LLM ... any day now, right Gypsy? THAT will be epic.
If I knew what LLM was 🤔

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Merry Moonday morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
funkybutt.gif

A mostly cloudy day starting at 41F and predicted to soar to 54F.

I filed a formal complaint against Area Heating & Cooling with the Consumer Protection Agency and moving on to the contractor licensing board.

Gym at 5:30AM this morning, followed by a long soak in the Jacuzzi.

artemis-goddess-moon-goddess-2360990620.jpg

oldfogey8

can anyone recommend a place to buy some good roasted coffee beans?…..we got a new coffee maker that also grinds the beans…we had some beans and it works really good but I am gonna run out of beans pronto if I fail to restock in a timely manner…🤓🤓🤓

View attachment 18961490
That is quite a nice looking coffee maker. ‘Grinding beans’ is an art which when done correctly will put one right back in bed…

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

View attachment 18961490

this is my favorite. The shop is five minutes from my house but I ordered coffe from him when I lived in Georgia. He has several blends but this Guatemala is the best ever. Great for cold brew too

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

this is my favorite. The shop is five minutes from my house but I ordered coffe from him when I lived in Georgia. He has several blends but this Guatemala is the best ever. Great for cold brew too

sounds delicious!

but at $26 bucks a pound , I hope there is some gold flakes in there…..$10 bux shipping

i will wager that you pay less than $26 for a pound of that Guatemalan beans

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
good morning

so yeah , yesterday was a wash , hell , I never got out of my pajamas and housecoat all frigging day

had a boomer of a headache all night and most of yesterday

but the coast is clear this morning and I am ready for much prestidigitations today

how about a cocktail to start the morning……

IMG_8264.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts