What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
@SubGirl Subbie Dear -- Puttin' my Enkingeer hat on... A guy in a bucket would not solve your problem, only the single instance of the problem occurring. <-- e.g. the flag can get inna same predicament tomorrow.

Your problem was first noted several centuries ago by flag flyers.

The solution is at once a PITA and... well, sorta necessary. It presents thisaway:

Your expense just to have sumbody unhook it (just once) will be an order of magnitude greater than a permanent fixeroo.

Build this $25 rig for the bottom and you have access to the top forever and ever, Amen:
View attachment 18960752 The top bolt is never removed. That's the pivot.

PS: Try to be neater than this example. Now you have permanent access in just a minute or so.
Still don think it will clear the top with the way it is hooked up there tho
IMG_2362.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Yes it could be returned. Since it would still be useable. If it works, I may just break it down and store it in the overhead in case it happens again. If it doesn’t, maybe return it as I have no use for it now…. You think 1/2” will be strong enough?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it could be returned. Since it would still be useable. If it works, I may just break it down and store it in the overhead in case it happens again. If it doesn’t, maybe return it as I have no use for it now…. You think 1/2” will be strong enough?
1/2" Schedule 40 PVC is stiff enough for a column load, but pretty whippy with a side load thirty feet long. Bigger would be stiffer, as would a heavier schedule. Whichever is cheaper.

jokerman

Premium user
no too floppy
I would try 1 inch and also when you do it let the pipe sit outside for anight and get really cold to help in added stiffness . Sad to say that trick works good only for pvc in my past experience🙄

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
morning everybody, i go back under the knife next friday. he is going to have to clean it out and replace the plastic parts. not looking forward to it but want it to be over with.
Commiseration brother! May it be the last!

I had the UHMW wear pad replaced in my left knee two years ago, but my right knee wear pad will ostensibly outlast me.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no too floppy
I would try 1 inch and also when you do it let the pipe sit outside for anight and get really cold to help in added stiffness . Sad to say that trick works good only for pvc in my past experience🙄
Hee, hee, hee, it takes a village! Collective brainstorming comes to the fair maiden's rescue again!