What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Do not contact that wire with a pvc pipe subbie!!!
Things a hazard I am surprised the power company hasn't squawked if its that close.
High voltage is not like house current that shit jumps.
Didn’t think of that. Thanks dog. PVC holds a static charge really well so maybe it could act as a conductor? FD aid it the safest route for sure. Or contact the power company. When I had my house sided last summer, the contractor asked that I have the power company shield the supply lines. They did it for free.

oldfogey8

PVC is actually nonconductive, but high voltage does do amazing things. Thirty or so feet of Schedule 40 PVC would be flimsy and hard to keep from waving about, so you might consider Schedule 80 or 120.

You could limit the travel on either EMT or PVC by attaching a loop to the top end that limited how far it could move away from the central pole.
I like that loop idea. This is like a crowd-source brainstorming session. The drone idea is good stuff too. Kinda like Ben Franklin and his kite(though I question his wisdom of flying a kite in an electrical storm)…

giggy

i'm wanting to put up a three flag pole setup. the stars and bars in the middle and our two state flags on the sides. i would make the state poles shorter and i will, but i tell the wife only one state pole is shorter cause the texas flag flies at the same height as the stars and bars. i do know how to stir her up.

giggy

wrong post

!BomO9F!BWk-$(KGrHqQOKi4Eu,!Dqc7kBLoBz1Mt5Q--_35.JPG

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I like that loop idea. This is like a crowd-source brainstorming session. The drone idea is good stuff too. Kinda like Ben Franklin and his kite(though I question his wisdom of flying a kite in an electrical storm)…
Yes the loop idea is good too. I will incorporate it. Thanks so much for all the great tips. It’s super high gusty wind today. Mr sub says no working in the wind. I loosened up the rope in case Jesus wants to jump in and help me…

Latest posts

Latest posts