What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Sun&Soil

So tired after work today I didn't even smoke when I got home. Now I can't fall asleep. This office crap is kicking my ass. Why is it I can do 10 hours of physical labor then come home and work out and then spend an hour weeding in the garden and not be tired, but 8 hours in an office has me exhausted.

Not sure I made the right life decision.?.

exoticrobotic

@HarleyJammer

Why do these shapes elicit such a response?

There's a reason they look devilish. Keep away from them and their anal probes.

😁:smoker:

Here's some ginger bread to go with the strong coffee and fat spliff i'm about to roll.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 03.47.55.png

:rasta:

oldfogey8

So tired after work today I didn't even smoke when I got home. Now I can't fall asleep. This office crap is kicking my ass. Why is it I can do 10 hours of physical labor then come home and work out and then spend an hour weeding in the garden and not be tired, but 8 hours in an office has me exhausted.

I think you said you were on the road a lot with you other job. Being home is well worth it in my experience. I was away from home for 4-5 days a week for 6+ years. Good money but I wish I had done something different and been home more.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

I was the same way being in the office all day killed my soul and sucked the life out of me.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I was the same way being in the office all day killed my soul and sucked the life out of me.
It's the sitting down all day - being in a sedentary position using just your mind and not the body - is the problem with office work - staying mobile most of the day - using that body to work as it should - will help you sleep and feel better on a daily basis 😀 - after all - exercise is the best medicine -

HarleyJammer

Veteran
@HarleyJammer

Why do these shapes elicit such a response?

There's a reason they look devilish. Keep away from them and their anal probes.

😁:smoker:

Here's some ginger bread to go with the strong coffee and fat spliff i'm about to roll.

View attachment 18960378

:rasta:
I am saddled with an incurable congenital case of Nipp-lepsy. That cookie just put me into another Nipp-leptic seizure. Thanks!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the sitting down all day - being in a sedentary position using just your mind and not the body - is the problem with office work - staying mobile most of the day - using that body to work as it should - will help you sleep and feel better on a daily basis 😀 - after all - exercise is the best medicine -
I was fortunate with my program manager job in that I had multiple job sites and was constantly on the move.

I loved my work but hated the infighting and politics that come into play when working with highly skilled and educated folks who believe they are smarter than the rest of us and should make all the decisions. I retired when I stopped having fun.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning fellow tooters!!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Rain today, starting at 36F and predicted to rise to 47F.

Progress made on my complaints to the Oregon Attorney General and to the Contractors licensing board regarding AH&C. I still need to run them by my attorney before filing them.
kendo2.gif

Unca Walt

420club
OOH-Kay. I am back in the land of the living. Stamina is at the 15% level, though.

Both the Red Witch and Your Humble Obdn't &tc got Wuflu-ed.

Here is sumpin' truly different: Having spent the last full week or more sick enuf that I had to get better to die, food did not mean much.

I am now at 205 lbs. <-- I have not weighed that little in over 65 years!!

Unca Walt

420club
I wrote a short note to the daughter of my dearest lifelong friend, who just passed away. She read it to the crowd at his funeral.

--------------------------------------------------------
Sweet Lisa, I write this looking through tears. My beloved Jerry was unique. I knew him before you did, and loved him.

We had a half-century of each of us referring to each other as “The Other Otter”, because we played together everywhere. I even trailed a motorcycle locked to my car’s back bumper from Manassas to Douglasville just so we could ride trails together.

A funny trailbike story: Since Jerry and some locals knew the trail, they got ahead of me until they were out of sight. I came zooming down a double-rut dirt road at utter top speed to catch up.

The road made a circle around a pond. I didn’t know that. Here I came at about 60MPH, and suddenly the road was gone, and there was a pond. I knew I could not brake in time, so I kept the throttle wide open to give them (waiting on the other side of the pond) a good time.

I made it 2/3 of the way across before I hit the 5-foot deep water.

We were all laughing hilariously as everybody jumped into to find, and then remove my bike from the pond. We had to take it all apart to get the water out of everything. Got it going again, and resumed our ride.

Jerry took me aside afterwards to retell the event while we laughed. And then he put his hand on my shoulder, looked me in the eye, and told me he loved me. I never heard him utter those words to anyone else at all. Dammit, now I am teary again. I miss my beloved Jerry. He was more than a friend and closer than a brother.

He was The Other Otter.
-------------------------------------------------------

HarleyJammer

Veteran
OOH-Kay. I am back in the land of the living. Stamina is at the 15% level, though.

Both the Red Witch and Your Humble Obdn't &tc got Wuflu-ed.

Here is sumpin' truly different: Having spent the last full week or more sick enuf that I had to get better to die, food did not mean much.

I am now at 205 lbs. <-- I have not weighed that little in over 65 years!!
Here's to your continued recovery!

I was a cut 260 lbs at my bike wreck. Crippled up and sedentary my weight shot up to 345. The weight management doc has me injecting Victoza in my belly everyday. Its not 'feel good medicine' its 'feel lousy medicine'... feel sick all the time but hey, I'm down to 315!

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

Going from physical work to mental work in front of a desk was hard to get use to and way less enjoyable for me. I was able to go down to the worksite now and then to break things up. The meetings took up most of my time as I grew older in my career. Although it was a good move for me, I was still envious of the people cutting the grass in the medium outside the gate on my way home thinking that would be the perfect job for me.
‘that desk work will take more coffee especially in the early morning and after lunch but you will eventually get use to it and find ways to make it work. A little yard work when you get home helps too. Good luck with your new job ✌️💕

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My engineering and manufacturing management jobs involved a lot of walking and climbing but didn't involve physical labor so I first tried the gym and then relied on sports to provide the exercise that I needed. By adding competition and gamesmanship, rote exercise became exciting enough to stay with it.

If I was also participating as part of a group, it was harder to just fluff off a day's exercise because I wasn't in the mood, and I typically always felt better after a hard workout or tournament.

I chose white water boating, fencing, and martial arts as my sports, all of which are highly aerobic and intense. Alas I had to give them up at age 38 due to knee issues, and my lower back limits how far I can walk, so my primary exercises in my dotage are a recumbent stationary bike and weight conditioning at the gym.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
My engineering and manufacturing management jobs involved a lot of walking and climbing but didn't involve physical labor so I first tried the gym and then relied on sports to provide the exercise that I needed. By adding competition and gamesmanship, rote exercise became exciting enough to stay with it.

If I was also participating as part of a group, it was harder to just fluff off a day's exercise because I wasn't in the mood, and I typically always felt better after a hard workout or tournament.

I chose white water boating, fencing, and martial arts as my sports, all of which are highly aerobic and intense. Alas I had to give them up at age 38 due to knee issues, and my lower back limits how far I can walk, so my primary exercises in my dotage are a recumbent stationary bike and weight conditioning at the gym.
Yes running was my thing but I am afraid of falling now 🤪 I fell down trotting to the bus stop tripping on an uneven walk in my daughters yard last year freaking the bus driver out seacretly hiding the gushing blood on my knee and hand. I ended up with stitches in both. Now I do two dog walk, a bike ride weather permitting and yoga at home. That along with some healthier eating habits have tied me over to the next generation

Latest posts

Latest posts