Premium user
1707785213287.png

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Negative on this one IMHO

do you have any suggestions on something else?……solar…..enough to run a fridge , couple freezers , and some led lights…

I can get that bogo setup I posted for $1300…..I thought for the money it would be hard to beat…

also , any suggestions on lithium batteries?….i see a lot,of full time cruisers going to lithium…lighter , last longer , more efficient , yada yada…

jokerman

Premium user
do you have any suggestions on something else?……solar…..enough to run a fridge , couple freezers , and some led lights…

I can get that bogo setup I posted for $1300…..I thought for the money it would be hard to beat…

also , any suggestions on lithium batteries?….i see a lot,of full time cruisers going to lithium…lighter , last longer , more efficient , yada yada…
It might be a idea to get 2 deep cell battery's and work off of a invertor. the glass batteries i think AGM
they are lighter
Perhaps have a solar panel with feeds a trickle charger
Im this way about lithium batteries and possible fires whilst charging.
I would checkout West marine
I know weight is a issue.I have a 1000 watt honda generator which is light ,quiet and cheap on gas.
Which could carge said batteries if needed.
Not sure of propane on a boat.
If we only had a group plane.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

This one has good reviews. This would be handy to have if you could really rely on what it says. It would run your stuff and then some.
IMG_2348.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
anything solar powered will quickly fail when trying to run 110v. or 220v...they are great for light stuff, lighting and radios but see how long a fridge lasts on one...get 2 250gallon lp tanks and a honda genset and you'll never have an issue...

BrassNwood

Veteran
This one has good reviews. This would be handy to have if you could really rely on what it says. It would run your stuff and then some.
View attachment 18959173

We really need to buy one of the big lithium power stations as the power here at the cabin goes down when a squirl farts or 2 snowflakes in a row hit the power lines.
Most of the interruptions are short enough it would cover the lighting needs for a day or three and I'd only need drag out the propane gen set when it snows several feet and I know it'll be a week or more before we have juice again.

After last winter's brutal 8 feet of snow in 3 days I swore I'd nab one before winter set in and here we are again.

Last edited:

Africanna

The problem for this stacker is seen as:

What do you do with your Bitcoin when there is an EMP, or concerted illegal alien attacks on powerstations all over the country, etc.?

It ceases to exist.

Gold/silver/copper does not.
In the possibly unlikely event of a catastrophic power failure, there will obviously be extremely serious losses of many types (economic, security, healthcare, personal to name a few) and having a few different metal coins in our possession won't necessarily save our bacon.
Bitcoin and other major cryptos will probably suffer too but they will likely survive. Many of them operate on several blockchain servers joined together. Data is stored in several network devices in different locations around the world and the failure of one device due to loss of power doesn’t impact the entire blockchain.
Keeping a few servers alive will keep the crypto alive and many alternate power sources are available and in place to ensure this happens. Even our friendly banks have contingencies in place.
Green renewables will come into their own in times like this. The sun will shine and the wind will blow

Last edited:

Africanna

Lithium are the go to for storing energy, they charge many times faster than gel etc, last for up to 15 years if looked after and are reliable. More expensive sure but a no brainer for me. Used them for many years

Latest posts

Latest posts