What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

kevinn

Day has turned windy and cold. Thinking I am stuck inside. Nothing to do so I took a couple of pictures.....

This is Triangle Kush x Lemon Betty. 2 1/2 weeks into flower and still stretching!!!

View attachment 18956719
The next is all the starts that have now rooted.

View attachment 18956720

Will start another batch in a few days cause I know the outdoor gang will come calling in March. Just realized that tomorrow is tea day for the girls so I need to do some prep work. After that????
Did your Lemmon Betty stretch that much ????

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I've found a dependable warm automobile helps too. Not being mobile is like wearing an ankle monitor; you're not IN prison, but your movement is typically compromised.
I'm mobile every day - with a good pair of legs - and two tough old feet - that go for at least 5 miles per day - every day - without gasoline or diesel or needing a 'charge' of some overpriced electricity - and I get to see and enjoy many things at walking speed - that I never did when stuck in a metal box driving on some hiway -

- No chance of me smashing into a moose - at walking speed - 😆

jokerman

Premium user
How I fell in love with cutlets way back when
1707333835821.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
I'm mobile every day - with a good pair of legs - and two tough old feet - that go for at least 5 miles per day - every day - without gasoline or diesel or needing a 'charge' of some overpriced electricity - and I get to see and enjoy many things at walking speed - that I never did when stuck in a metal box driving on some hiway -

depends on how much weed you have smoked and some bars are full of them...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
depends on how much weed you have smoked and some bars are full of them...
Actually - I can go walkies - completely stone cold sober - without any sort of inebriate in me - and still thoroughly enjoy the walk - usually at quick march speed - with the occasional stop ✋️ to smell the flowers - 💐 or greet a friend - or pet a dog 🐕 - or talk 👄 to a fox - or feed the swans - ducks - geese - seagulls - pigeons - grebes - coots and moorhens -

If I wish to go faster - and travel further - I'll get the bicycle out -

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I walk almost every day. Keeps me healthy in lots of ways. I have always enjoyed nature. Lots of neighbors walk the neighborhood......not me. I go to the lake. Always something to see. Different seasons bring out different things to see. Bald Eagles are common there.....not here in the hood. My favorite thing is a winding river with a fly rod miles from humans......that is when I am the happiest.

My Signature says......I HAVE CLIMBED THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN AND PISSED ON THE OTHER SIDE......I truly mean that.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I walk almost every day. Keeps me healthy in lots of ways. I have always enjoyed nature. Lots of neighbors walk the neighborhood......not me. I go to the lake. Always something to see. Different seasons bring out different things to see. Bald Eagles are common there.....not here in the hood. My favorite thing is a winding river with a fly rod miles from humans......that is when I am the happiest.

My Signature says......I HAVE CLIMBED THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN AND PISSED ON THE OTHER SIDE......I truly mean that.
Oh I've had all sorts of cars - trucks and motorbikes 🏍 - in the past - and absolutely enjoyed them - when I had them - driven them all over the world - in many different nations and terrain - but I find that now - I need to maintain my physical mobility - as I age - and have confidence in it - or this will be a very sad Gypsy -

The exercise of walking - is the best medicine for me - its essential - can feel my quads/hamstrings and calves - hip flexors - abdominals and back and obliques - working in unison - with my heart and lungs - and it feels very good 👍 • releases lots of endorphins too - that gets me high - so high -

moose eater

You know what they say: "Location ,location , location..."

With my distances and cargo, not even my bicycle makes that doable, though as a youngster here, with no truck, I often hitchhiked home with two 5-gallon jugs of water, a backpack full of groceries, and a 50-lb. bag of dog food on my head. Though I don't think the dog food and other heavier objects being balanced on my head helped my cervical spine in later life. And the reflexive tendency to turn one's head when the sound of traffic is approaching from behind was a short-lived learning process, reinforced by pain. "Turn the whole body WITH the head...."

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You know what they say: "Location ,location , location..."

With my distances and cargo, not even my bicycle makes that doable, though as a youngster here, with no truck, I often hitchhikes home with two 5-gallon jugs of water, a backpack full of groceries, and a 50-lb. bag of dog food on my head. Though i on't think the dog food and other heavier objects being balanced on my head helped my cervical spine in later life. And the reflexive tendency to turn one's head when the sound of traffic is approaching from behind was a short-lived learning process, reinforced by pain.
Different strokes - for different folks moose 🫎 - if I was a mountain man 🚵‍♀️ - living in a house in extreme weather conditions as you do - in your current physical state - there probably would be no other option to be able to survive well - I'd probably still try and stomp around in snow shoes though - and get some real exercise - if that's at all possible mate -

moose eater

Different strokes - for different folks moose 🫎 - if I was a mountain man 🚵‍♀️ - living in a house in extreme weather conditions as you do - in your current physical state - there probably would be no other option to be able to survive well - I'd probably still try and stomp around in snow shoes though - and get some real exercise - if that's at all possible mate -
In the early 1980s I was living on the Tanana River and a friend from Whitehorse, Yukon Territory had driven up with his son to catch an Alaska Airlines flight out of Fairbanks to fly to Mexico on a family pass (his sister worked for Ak Airlines, and they don't serve Whitehorse).

He drove up in an early 80's VW Rabbit Diesel. At the time I was driving a rear-wheel-drive '74 Cutlass and my rear-wheel-drive '64 Ford F-100.

I had them plugged in for a long while and it was about -57 or -58 f. I killed all three batteries trying to get them started, though, admittedly, with his Rabbit I was unfamiliar with starting procedures with a diesel in severe cold.

I slowly turned toward Toyotas, and even with their substandard heaters (compared to their later products), starting in severe cold took a major turn for the better.

-------------------------------------------------------
Just walked the puppy, and there's a decent-sized ruffed grouse in the front yard under the spruce trees. The pheasant of the grouse family, a delicacy as far as grouse are concerned. Much lighter and milder/better tasting meat than most other grouse, especially spruce grouse. The thing was by itself, and I had a puppy on the leash, so I let it slide. No longer a mandate to put every grouse I see into a skillet. Those days are way gone.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
Who is doing the plucking?
@Gray Wolf -- You just triggered a treasured old memory from the Olden Days. circa 1944-45.

One day, my job as a little kid was to catch Aunt Rody and bring her to Grandma sitting in her rocker on the porch.

I remember her giggling laughter as I chased Aunt Rody (a huge goose) all over the place.

I finally outsmarted the goose (or maybe she just gave up) but here I came, proud as punch to deliver the bird to Grandma.

She took the honking beast in her arms, and within ten seconds, the goose was quietly burbling to itself.

Grandma then began to run her fingers through Aunt Rody's feathers, with many feathers coming out with each gentle finger-combing. My job here was to get every feather in the cloth bag.

Eventually, all the feathers that were "ready" were in the bag.

So Grandma put Aunt Rody down on the porch.

Aunt Rody hopped back up on her lap, and tucked her head under Grandma's apron, hoping for some more feathery attention.

Grandma eventually had to stand up and go in the house to get away.

I was laughing so hard, my stomach hurt and I could not stand up.

LATE EDIT ADD: I sorta put that scene in "The Cadet". It was a fun memory to write.