What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

I've tried Tolkien a few times with no success. He is over my head. Interesting about it being based on WWII. Learn something new everyday.
I was a pretty geeky kid. Finished them all the first time by the end of 6th grade. Some of it is a bit of a grind but nothing like Stephen King who can go on paragraph after paragraph describing details that bore the crap out of me. The trilogy movies are pretty darn good at sticking to the books(though a few scenes go off on tangents). The Hobbit movies were disappointing for the geek in me. They needed embellishment to stretch the story to 3 movies. I guess I am pretty geeky as an old fogey too…😂

Janborrego

@Janborrego Some dogs just have that drive in them and nothing seems to stop them.
I had a old bulldog that would mother everything that she didn't kill.........was a either or deal with her.
Nurture or predate she had both in spades.
I sure miss her,her name was pickles and she was awesome.
Usually she chases cats or tried to eat them. I guess having puppies mellowed her.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm off to St Thomas's hospital this morning 🌄 - gotta have an ECG - and an appointment with a cardiologist - this could be the final appointment 😅 before I get a date for surgery -
<sounds of cutting and slicing>

To get there - have to take the train to Waterloo Station - then walk towards the Westminster Bridge - and St Thomas's is by the South side of the bridge -

oldfogey8

I'm off to St Thomas's hospital this morning 🌄 - gotta have an ECG - and an appointment with a cardiologist - this could be the final appointment 😅 before I get a date for surgery -

To get there - have to take the train to Waterloo Station - then walk towards the Westminster Bridge - and St Thomas's is by the South side of the bridge -
I hope all goes well.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Good luck, with the EKG brother! Let's hope this is the one that gets you a surgery date!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good luck, with the EKG brother! Let's hope this is the one that gets you a surgery date! View attachment 18956026 View attachment 18956027
2024-02-0610.51.018060742988470970739.jpg
Here now - sitting in the waiting room - at the cardiology nurse station - waiting to be seen to - St Thomas's Hospital is just across the Thames from the Houses of Parliament - so I popped out for a toke on the vape pen - and took a picture - 📸

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy here with some rain starting at 42F and predicted to rise to 50F.

A good workout at the gym yesterday at 5:30AM, no problem with parking, and I had the Jacuzzi to myself afterwards. My new plan!

I completed the electrical survey for my tenant and everything was within spec, with no suspicious loads, so his added usage remains a mystery. Suspect it has something to do with a meter reading mistake or a bad meter. The ball is now in my tenants court and he was pleased at the support I provided.

We grabbed Rubens at a new sandwich shop and they were OK, but nothing special.

jokerman

Premium user
I was a pretty geeky kid. Finished them all the first time by the end of 6th grade. Some of it is a bit of a grind but nothing like Stephen King who can go on paragraph after paragraph describing details that bore the crap out of me. The trilogy movies are pretty darn good at sticking to the books(though a few scenes go off on tangents). The Hobbit movies were disappointing for the geek in me. They needed embellishment to stretch the story to 3 movies. I guess I am pretty geeky as an old fogey too…😂
me too with a added lil fuked up too