What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I used to tell people that I'd nearly killed as many moose with Toyotas as I have with my Winchester, but the cost analysis is prohibitive to continue on in that manner of 'hunting.'
Yeah right ✅️ - or the moose 🫎 will follow the buffalo 🐃
- and before you know it - people with Honda's/Mitsubishi's - and even the odd Lexus might take up the sport - Toyota's ain't cheap these days neither -

moose eater

that is a super nice fish smoker!…

reminds me of the work shed we had up in the Rockies 10,000’….

View attachment 18955440

yep , that is me in the corn , a strandivar called Bloody Butcher corn , it was a preservation project and I still have some of those seeds from about 10 years ago…

here is me and Swede in the bushes anout 4 years ago or so….

how do you like that Santa Marta Gold behind us?……

View attachment 18955441
Lovely plants and cabin/shed.

And the fewer sq. ft. the less wood to chop to heat it all.

I've stayed in some tiny squatter's cabins in some places few would suspect they'd find such a structure, and even with drafts in the one place that was built from small unpeeled black spruce logs, bark still on, they heated with bare minimum effort.

Last edited:

moose eater

Yeah right ✅️ - or the moose 🫎 will follow the buffalo 🐃
- and before you know it - people with Honda's/Mitsubishi's - and even the odd Lexus might take up the sport - Toyota's ain't cheap these days neither -
Believe it or not, in most cases a person here can't keep their road-kill moose if they're the one that hit it.

Years ago, the legislature decided that if they let the drivers involved in road-kills keep their game, they'd do it on purpose.

All that told me was that the bozos who wrote that law had never hit a moose. :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
that is a super nice fish smoker!…

reminds me of the work shed we had up in the Rockies 10,000’….

View attachment 18955440

yep , that is me in the corn , a strandivar called Bloody Butcher corn , it was a preservation project and I still have some of those seeds from about 10 years ago…

here is me and Swede in the bushes anout 4 years ago or so….

how do you like that Santa Marta Gold behind us?……

View attachment 18955441
Wouldn't mind getting my tackle caught up in those trees bigsur - looks like you had a good harvest that year - Hmmm Santa Marta Gold - just rolls off the tongue in iambic pentameters -

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240204_114713_7.jpg
IMG_20240204_114441_4.jpg

I really like days like this.
😍

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Wouldn't mind getting my tackle caught up in those trees bigsur - looks like you had a good harvest that year - Hmmm Santa Marta Gold - just rolls off the tongue in iambic pentameters -

thanks for the Kind words Amigo….

check out that other plant right behind me..that is some stinky Skunk VA….i made my own haze by adding in some Oaxaca and Lemon Thai….we call it Big Sandy HolyWeed mostly cause we live a half mile from the Big Sandy Creek…

just 1/2 mile down the road here…

IMG_5056.jpeg

some Big Sur HolyWeed

IMG_5439.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Believe it or not, in most cases a person here can't keep their road-kill moose if they're the one that hit it.

Years ago, the legislature decided that if they let the drivers involved in road-kills keep their game, they'd do it on purpose.

All that told me was that the bozos who wrote that law had never hit a moose. :)
I'd wager that nearly everyone who's lived out there - for a while - across the pond from Vladivostok - has hit a moose 🫎 or two - maybe three even?

Gotta get Elon Musk to put one of his Bionic Nuralink gizmos in every moose's head - with an up to date sat/nav system - that can tell the moose if there is traffic coming - and move their asses out the way - before they get hit by tons of Japanese steel - should be good for the moose - and good for Elon Musk's balance of payments too 👍

moose eater

I'd wager that nearly everyone who's lived out there - for a while - across the pond from Vladivostok - has hit a moose 🫎 or two - maybe three even?

Gotta get Elon Musk to put one of his Bionic Nuralink gizmos in every mouse's head - with an up to date sat/nav system - that can tell the moose if there is traffic coming - and move their asses out the way - before they get hit by tons of Japanese steel - should be good for the moose - and good for Elon Musk's balance of payments too 👍
I've hit 3 thus far, and my wife 1. She's not as good of a hunter as I am, though.

Latest posts

Latest posts