What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My Mia would get on top oof my head wearing a base ball cap.
Was so funny having her stand on the brim and look at me.
She also Chews the shit of any top button right off!
My Mia is a Sun Conure
Jeez - you must have a light wife - my wife weighs 45kilos now - so I've asked her to be very careful when she sits on my head -

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Depending on the read I like to drink my coffee slow ,( depending on the read) ( safer that way)
Coffee gets cold. I decide to buy a 24 ox soup thermos for mine coffee to keep warm.
The dam thing keeps it hot. hot as Subie playin "Purple Haze" on her electric ukulele☝️
You may want to upgrade to one of those fancy Yette ones for a bit more heat.

buzzmobile

Veteran
The last time a Category 5 hit was in the year 1900. Yup.
Nope. Michael in 2018

It does not have to be a Category 5 hurricane to cause incredible damage. I think you may have overlooked the panhandle in your assessment. Ivan, Opal and Sally were Category 3 storms that did major damage. Ian, Irma and Charley came in at Category 4 wiping out homes and businesses.

I hate hurricane season. It only takes one to ruin one's day.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I was wondering how long you could leave them loaded before shooting them. Say I had one loaded up in the coat closet by the front door for say two or three years “just in case”. Would it still fire ok after sitting up for that long? Seems like a fresh pack would be better for some reason…
As long as the powder stays dry and the cap is good it will go bang.

Unca Walt

420club
This is the 555g conical my hawg gun shoots:
1707055976677.jpeg

While we are on the subject, here is the photo signed with a note from President Bush Sr. that arrived in my mail in a White House franked envelope while I was recovering from my owie.

This was back when he was still a hero of mine and I did not know of his treason, so at the time I was quite impressed that he:

A. Knew of me
B. Gave a shit

It no longer hangs on my wall. I am saving it for when Antiques Roadshow comes to South Floriduh and invites me.
1707056253376.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
View attachment 18955206

While we are on the subject, here is the photo signed with a note from President Bush Sr. that arrived in my mail in a White House franked envelope while I was recovering from my owie.

This was back when he was still a hero of mine and I did not know of his treason, so at the time I was quite impressed that he:

A. Knew of me
B. Gave a shit

It no longer hangs on my wall. I am saving it for when Antiques Roadshow comes to South Floriduh and invites me.
View attachment 18955208
My Bro makes Tavern Puzzles for over 40 years and has a formal letter of defeat signed by the president for not being able to figure it out.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I regularly leave BP revolvers loaded for extended periods of time and never had one fail to fire.
Grease over the balls or conicals and properly fitting caps make for a fairly tight seal.
We've been playing around with them for a few years but not as long as walt.
Immediately clean in soapy water after firing or corrosion will wreck your gun.
Black powder is not corrosive dry, but can become so with moisture. The bad actor is typically the primers.

I washed my 50 BMG in hot soapy water after shooting surplus military ammunition with smokeless powder and corrosive mercury fulminate primers.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
View attachment 18955206

A. Knew of me
B. Gave a shit

View attachment 18955208
Isn't that Barbara Bush? - (a little bird told me that) - a very famous cannabis variety called 'Barbara's Bush' - was named after her lady garden - has anyone grown it?