What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

moose eater

I got used to the diet but I do eat meat now about once a week. I used to hate legumes but now I actually crave them. Weird.

I wouldn't mind a red Thai cabbage, but I'd put some tofu in there as well.

Never eaten moose as I'm a long way from moose country. Have eaten kangaroo and crocodile though (tastes like chicken:D).

Glad your health returned.
Beans/peas are good for you. It's stated that one of the reasons for a significantly lower rate of heart disease in Portugal involves their regular intake of garbanzos/ram's heads/chickpeas beans.

But they're hell on a glucose level.

One of the challenges was envisioning a Venn diagram with a proper cancer diet on it, and a proper diet for diabetes, and the thin sliver of overlap was the area of "This is OK for me."

Largely a numbers/math and food knowledge game, but still a pain in the ass.

oldfogey8

Beans/peas are good for you. It's stated that one of the reasons for a significantly lower rate of heart disease in Portugal involves their regular intake of garbanzos/ram's heads/chickpeas beans.

But they're hell on a glucose level.

One of the challenges was envisioning a Venn diagram with a proper cancer diet on it, and a proper diet for diabetes, and the thin sliver of overlap was the area of "This is OK for me."

Largely a numbers/math and food knowledge game, but still a pain in the ass.
I did vegan today. Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies and a coffee…😁

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Good on you chi13, after having 100 staples in my abdomen, I can’t remember the last day that I felt total peace and relaxation. I’ve learned to live with it the best I can, but some days it’s just impossible to get through them… I’ve found that if I can concentrate and take the edge off the pain, I can tolerate it much better…
That's the main medical benefit for me the mental relief and the swelling.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
As we all know, some days, no matter how hard you work on it the pain just breaks through and ruins what goes on for the next few hours… I am blessed to have an extremely high tolerance to pain but I’ll be the first to admit I buckle down to my knees every once in a while because I just can’t tolerate it…

Chi13

ICMag Donor
That's the main medical benefit for me the mental relief and the swelling.
Yeah it takes the focus off the pain. When I first injured my back over 20 years ago, docs just kept prescribing ever worse opiates. I'd given up cannabis but started again in a bid not to get addicted and it worked. I also use CBD oil in addition to THC flower and oils I make. CBD seems great for inflammation.

moose eater

As we all know, some days, no matter how hard you work on it the pain just breaks through and ruins what goes on for the next few hours… I am blessed to have an extremely high tolerance to pain but I’ll be the first to admit I buckle down to my knees every once in a while because I just can’t tolerate it…
And pain has a way of changing one's interactions with others.

Drilling holes through the ice or launching a boat when my back was killing me made me a whole lot less jovial and more reactionary.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We need more plumbers ,I am a electrician ,we have many aspects of life covered in this group.
We have scholars and some not so bright ,Writers, readers, concrete guys,car dealership advice ,heavy equipment operators ,surveyors, carpenters ,scientists some wise folks some not as much, submarine construction and maintenance ,small arms manufacturing ,and professional line dancers. We even grow pot!
We offer monthly events and bingo soon.
Welcome😊
Engineers too.

moose eater

1706835732116.png

Wait! Wrong image! Don't land that in the water!!

Latest posts

Latest posts