What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
By the way, I was on a vegan diet for a year and a half after cancer diagnosis, and there are ways to maintain a healthy diet and look 'normal'.

Discovered that chard made spinach look like junk food, for one.

Ate LOTS of cruciferous veggies to combat cancer via sulforaphane and its researched preventative qualities. Especially with broccoli seed sprouts, highest levels I know of. Not nearly as tasty as alfalfa or radish sprouts, however. really.

Lots of people undertake a vegetarian or vegan diet without having the knowledge of how to do so in a healthy manner.

Had a Thai friend years ago, no longer a friend, but he was walking out of Anchorage hitchhiking, carrying a moderate size pack, and in mid-stride his leg fractured. I asked him if he got hit by a car (I've known of folks getting hit, sometimes on purpose, while hitchhiking back in the 70s and 80s), or had another previous injury, or what, and he said "No, just walking out of town on the side of the highway."

There were times when he and I were in under-grad together that his impoverished 'vegetarian diet' had him eating carrot sticks and celery sticks that others smuggled out of the commons for him. That's not a healthy vegetarian diet; that's slow starvation and bone failure in the making.
I adopted an almost vegan diet following a few health scares. Even though I thought I knew what I was doing I ran into issues that I eventually worked out were lack of omega 3s. Sorted now and my blood tests are near perfect. Cholesterol way down, PSA lowered. It's a healthy way to eat for sure.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Ahhhhh.....love the feeling of being stoned....have another hit. Ya had to be a hippie from the 60's to remember this.....Probably have never heard of this group or the name of the song.....

cool tune , had not heard it in awhile

ut yeah , I remember that band , they started out on the west coast in the mid 60’s…

here is another tune I like and had not heard it for years until the other day

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Good on you chi13, after having 100 staples in my abdomen, I can’t remember the last day that I felt total peace and relaxation. I’ve learned to live with it the best I can, but some days it’s just impossible to get through them… I’ve found that if I can concentrate and take the edge off the pain, I can tolerate it much better…

moose eater

I adopted an almost vegan diet following a few health scares. Even though I thought I knew what I was doing I ran into issues that I eventually worked out were lack of omega 3s. Sorted now and my blood tests are near perfect. Cholesterol way down, PSA lowered. It's a healthy way to eat for sure.
My cholesterol and intestinal 'movements' were never better while I was vegan. Helped with a number of health issues..

But after coming to grips with the pluses and minuses of adhering to a 'healthy' living for the sake of cancer, I came to a place in time during which if someone had placed another bowl of red Thai curried cabbage and veggies with tofu in front of me, I might've gone to jail on assault charges.

We traditionally ate meat and fish to the extent that other carnivores I know would look at our then 2-3 sizable freezers full of the stuff and listen to my descriptions of our dietary habits with wide eyes.

After a year and a half of being vegan and accepting that my PSAs were still going up at a predictable rate, I decided that meat and beer were made available on the planet for a good reason.

Though at this point, I'd need my sons' help in harvesting a moose in the future.. Thus, caribou might need to feel a bit frightened in the fall.

I put in a drawing hunt permit application (times 6; the maximum number of applications per species) this year, like the last bunch of years, for a Delta Junction bison permit. We'll see if I get one. That'll likely take a bunch of help from friends or family if I'm drawn. Been putting in for that hunt for 25 years in a row and haven't been drawn yet. If I were a Yukon Territory resident and Canadian, after 7 years of applying for the Aishihik Lake bison herd permit, they'd have simply moved me to the front of the line and given me one.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Good on you chi13, after having 100 staples in my abdomen, I can’t remember the last day that I felt total peace and relaxation. I’ve learned to live with it the best I can, but some days it’s just impossible to get through them… I’ve found that if I can concentrate and take the edge off the pain, I can tolerate it much better…
Yeah, I learned to live with it too. Mostly just chronic pain, but the odd bouts of acute pain, sometimes lasting years. I learned a lot about myself and the fact I could cope no matter how bad it got.
Pain free is nicer though. I don't expect it will last but I'll enjoy it for now.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
My cholesterol and intestinal 'movements' were never better while I was vegan. Helped with a number of health issues..

But after coming to grips with the pluses and minuses of adhering to a 'healthy' living for the sake of cancer, I came to a place in time during which if someone had placed another bowl of red Thai curried cabbage and veggies in front of me, I might've gone to jail on assault charges.

We traditionally ate meat to the extent that other carnivores I know would look at our then 2-3 sizable freezers full of the stuff and listen to my descriptions of our dietary habits with wide eyes.

After a year and a half of being vegan and accepting that my PSAs were still going up at a predictable rate, I decided that meat and beer were made available on the planet for a good reason.

Though at this point, I'd need my sons' help in harvesting a moose in the future.. Thus, caribou might need to feel a bit frightened in the fall.

I put in a drawing hunt permit application (times 6) this year, like the last bunch of years, for a Delta Junction bison permit. We'll see if I get one. That'll likely take a bunch of help from friends or family if I'm drawn. Been putting in for that hunt for 25 years in a row and haven't been drawn yet. If I were a Yukon Territory resident and Canadian, after 7 years of applying for the Aishihik Lake bison herd permit, they'd have simply moved me to the front of the line and given me one.
I got used to the diet but I do eat meat now about once a week. I used to hate legumes but now I actually crave them. Weird.

I wouldn't mind a red Thai cabbage, but I'd put some tofu in there as well.

Never eaten moose as I'm a long way from moose country. Have eaten kangaroo and crocodile though (tastes like chicken:D).

Glad your health returned.

jokerman

Premium user
Not sure what the criteria is to be part of the ole farts club, but beings I just retired after 39 years in the Plumbers Union Local #%^, I turned 60 and have been a journeyman since 1980 and started as an apprentice at age 10 working every summer from 6th grade on … well I felt I would meet that criteria? If not I’ll be sure to remove myself if necessary. Now that that long winded paragraph is over, let me introduce myself . My name is Tim, I grew up on the North east coast my life so far, was born in ‘63 have lived through what I feel were some heady times with the Vietnam war, peoples rights mainly people of color and women and that’s still going on. I was raised by the old school way of thinking. Brought up a catholic which in my opinion is like most religions like our government were invented for controlling. So as a young kid who loved sports grew up with football being my favorite until I stopped growing while my friends kept getting bigger I found Ice Hockey where I found beer and weed. First time I ever got high was our 9th grade class trip to 6 flags where that morning on the way to school to catch the buses to 6 flag I smoked 1/2 a joint of Hawaiian bud some senior sold me. Until then it was Mexican dirt weed or Colombian Gold. I never got high the first few times I smoked so not sure if it was actual weed but it had seeds. It probably was just very low thc . I probably went on too long already but sometimes that’s what I do I just like to talk about life and experiences. So let me know if you want me in or out of your club. No hard feelings either way. I just was hoping to meet some old heads who are world renowned growers that might give another old head some pointers as to the intricacies to growing weed. I’m pretty good with gardening without not knowing that much really technically just seem to make the right choices most times by looking at the plant. So hello to you all hope to make some new friend!
We need more plumbers ,I am a electrician ,we have many aspects of life covered in this group.
We have scholars and some not so bright ,Writers, readers, concrete guys,car dealership advice ,heavy equipment operators ,surveyors, carpenters ,scientists some wise folks some not as much, submarine construction and maintenance ,small arms manufacturing ,and professional line dancers. We even grow pot!
We offer monthly events and bingo soon.
Welcome😊

jokerman

Premium user
Time for lunch

iu
There is a lot I could say about this😊

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Not sure what the criteria is to be part of the ole farts club, but beings I just retired after 39 years in the Plumbers Union Local #%^, I turned 60 and have been a journeyman since 1980 and started as an apprentice at age 10 working every summer from 6th grade on … well I felt I would meet that criteria? If not I’ll be sure to remove myself if necessary. Now that that long winded paragraph is over, let me introduce myself . My name is Tim, I grew up on the North east coast my life so far, was born in ‘63 have lived through what I feel were some heady times with the Vietnam war, peoples rights mainly people of color and women and that’s still going on. I was raised by the old school way of thinking. Brought up a catholic which in my opinion is like most religions like our government were invented for controlling. So as a young kid who loved sports grew up with football being my favorite until I stopped growing while my friends kept getting bigger I found Ice Hockey where I found beer and weed. First time I ever got high was our 9th grade class trip to 6 flags where that morning on the way to school to catch the buses to 6 flag I smoked 1/2 a joint of Hawaiian bud some senior sold me. Until then it was Mexican dirt weed or Colombian Gold. I never got high the first few times I smoked so not sure if it was actual weed but it had seeds. It probably was just very low thc . I probably went on too long already but sometimes that’s what I do I just like to talk about life and experiences. So let me know if you want me in or out of your club. No hard feelings either way. I just was hoping to meet some old heads who are world renowned growers that might give another old head some pointers as to the intricacies to growing weed. I’m pretty good with gardening without not knowing that much really technically just seem to make the right choices most times by looking at the plant. So hello to you all hope to make some new friend!

hola Amigo!

welcome aboard!

calm down and have some coffee

IMG_8113.jpeg