What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Can imagine what that must be like. I'm jealous

it took a universal alignment of the stars to pull it off 3 years ago….it was our Covid crop

30+ pounds will last a couple of years for two old folks

IMG_8194.jpeg
IMG_8124.jpeg
IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_5365.jpeg

Unca Walt

420club
Last edited:

moose eater

The west view of the house we finished February 1998, clearing the driveway and such starting July 1997. Paid for a number of years ago.

DSCN0721.JPG

South view, looking over the then-main veggie garden, which has grown since then in number of raised beds, and the 7-ft.-tall (anti-)moose fence was finished years ago, as well.

R-32 walls on the top 2 floors, R-42 walls in the daylight basement, triple-pane windows, and a nearly air-tight vapor barrier.. FLIR was not a friend back then.. especially back then... R-58/R-60 ceiling, with arctic scissor trusses and no plywood underlayment under the metal on the roof; instead, a LOT of 2" material for strapping and extra bracing to prevent racking.

DSCN0390.JPG

The older smaller main veggie garden. Viewed from up on the main deck, off the master bedroom.

DSCN0376.JPG

Last edited:

moose eater

I went over to the Yukon Territory and 'borrowed' a carpenter friend's tools.. More or less all of them... and he followed me up with his truck and snacks a couple weeks or less later.

US Customs would have stopped him dead in his tracks if he'd brought all of his tools with him with no work papers, but for me to borrow them from a friend... Well, that was a whole 'nother story.

He did us amazing favors, and the price, in the end, was something that could've been wrapped in gold... A long-time valuable friend, indeed.

Lots of changes to the property and gardens since these pics were taken.

Last edited:

moose eater

Nice set up Moose.
Thanks. Heart and soul stuff.

Almost cost me my marriage.

I get serious when I'm dealing with suppliers, especially when they fall down. Not good company when that's going on.

Went back a couple years later and apologized to one who'd gone through some hard times after we built, him losing a child in a tragic accident. Saw him in the grocery store and recalled chewing his ass out in front of his co-workers. Definitely owed him an apology.

60% of couples who act as their own general contractors divorce within the first year after completion. At least back then that was the case..

Last edited:

moose eater

I discovered on my motorcycle that exhilaration is brown in color.
Having been PTSD since WAY back, I was ready-made for all sorts of stuff, including motorcycling across the Continent.

One tactic I used, and have since shared with my 3 adult children, is to look at the highway/horizon ahead. Take into account each and every vehicle, obstacle and blind spot you can see, and ask yourself what's the most ignorant, life-endangering thing someone can do in that scenery. Then be ready when one of them obliges you. The frequency of such occurrences was startling.

Hyper-vigilance has a place, and especially on a motorcycle.

BigGPop

Not sure what the criteria is to be part of the ole farts club, but beings I just retired after 39 years in the Plumbers Union Local #%^, I turned 60 and have been a journeyman since 1980 and started as an apprentice at age 10 working every summer from 6th grade on … well I felt I would meet that criteria? If not I’ll be sure to remove myself if necessary. Now that that long winded paragraph is over, let me introduce myself . My name is Tim, I grew up on the North east coast my life so far, was born in ‘63 have lived through what I feel were some heady times with the Vietnam war, peoples rights mainly people of color and women and that’s still going on. I was raised by the old school way of thinking. Brought up a catholic which in my opinion is like most religions like our government were invented for controlling. So as a young kid who loved sports grew up with football being my favorite until I stopped growing while my friends kept getting bigger I found Ice Hockey where I found beer and weed. First time I ever got high was our 9th grade class trip to 6 flags where that morning on the way to school to catch the buses to 6 flag I smoked 1/2 a joint of Hawaiian bud some senior sold me. Until then it was Mexican dirt weed or Colombian Gold. I never got high the first few times I smoked so not sure if it was actual weed but it had seeds. It probably was just very low thc . I probably went on too long already but sometimes that’s what I do I just like to talk about life and experiences. So let me know if you want me in or out of your club. No hard feelings either way. I just was hoping to meet some old heads who are world renowned growers that might give another old head some pointers as to the intricacies to growing weed. I’m pretty good with gardening without not knowing that much really technically just seem to make the right choices most times by looking at the plant. So hello to you all hope to make some new friend!
sounds so familier, and my first puff was nineth grade! columbia gold i was told!