What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Mr_Hash

Well its only gonna cost me a little over $10,000 us to switch from hid to led.
Only to be using 20% less draw from the wall.
The maffs says its as stoopid as stoopid gets without the loss of production that is expected.
Including the expected loss of roughly 25% in production I am struggling to see any advantage in any area of the grow.

All I see is a large expense up front with no way to make up the deficit.
If I use less elec to produce less product how the fuck is that iproving?
Struggling here.
Better stick to HID then 🤷😆

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rocky Flats Plant
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
U.S. Historic district

July 1995
Rocky Flats Plant is located in Colorado
Rocky Flats Plant

Show map of ColoradoShow map of the United StatesShow all
LocationJefferson County, Colorado
Nearest cityArvada, Colorado
Coordinates
17px-WMA_button2b.png
39.89°N 105.20°W
Area175.8 acres (0.711 km2)
Built1952
Built byAustin Construction Co.
NRHP reference No.97000377[1]
Added to NRHPMay 19, 1997
Worker holding plutonium "button" in glove box Precision plutonium foundry mold, 1959 Room damaged by 1969 Rocky Flats Fire Control panel, Critical Mass Laboratory, 1970
The Rocky Flats Plant was a U.S. manufacturing complex that produced nuclear weapons parts in the western United States, near Denver, Colorado.[2] The facility's primary mission was the fabrication of plutonium pits,[3] which were shipped to other facilities to be assembled into nuclear weapons.[4] Operated from 1952 to 1992, the complex was under the control of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC), succeeded by the Department of Energy (DOE) in 1977.
Plutonium pit production was halted in 1989 after EPA and FBI agents raided the facility[5] and the plant was formally shut down in 1992. Operators of the plant (Rockwell) later pled guilty to criminal violations of environmental law.[6] At the time, the fine was one of the largest penalties ever in an environmental law case.[7]
Cleanup began in the early 1990s,[8][9][10] and the site achieved regulatory closure in 2006.[11] The cleanup effort decommissioned and demolished over 800 structures; removed over 21 tons of weapons-grade material; removed over 1.3 million cubic meters of waste; and treated more than 16 million US gallons (61,000 m3) of water. Four groundwater treatment systems were also constructed.[12] Today, the Rocky Flats Plant is gone. The site of the former facility consists of two distinct areas: (1) the "Central Operable Unit" (including the former industrial area), which remains off-limits to the public as a CERCLA "Superfund" site, owned and managed by the U.S. Department of Energy,[13] and (2) the Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge, owned and managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.[14] The Refuge (also known as the "Peripheral Operable Unit") was determined to be suitable for unrestricted use. Every five years, the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment review environmental data and other information to assess whether the remedy is functioning as intended.[15] The latest Five-Year Review for the site, released in August 2022, concluded the site remedy is protective of human health and the environment. However, a protectiveness deferred determination was made for PFAS.[16]

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. We need to get a boat after we get the plane.
In my twenties I bought a 14' Lido sloop and got my pilots license as aids to attract women. What I found is that women like flying, but the return on investment was less than the sailboat, where they immediately took off most of their clothes, grabbed a beer, and wanted me to rub suntan lotion on their bodies.

buzzmobile

Veteran
In my twenties I bought a 14' Lido sloop and got my pilots license as aids to attract women. What I found is that women like flying, but the return on investment was less than the sailboat, where they immediately took off most of their clothes, grabbed a beer, and wanted me to rub suntan lotion on their bodies.
Maybe we should get the boat first.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The only boat I ever owned - was a Philippino 'Banca' - it had a 13 horse power engine - that ran a stainless steel propellor - and was OK to go fishing in - on the Sulu Sea side of the island of Palawan in the Visayas - not so far from Sabah Malaysia -

The boat cost around 500 dollars (25,000pesos) - since 2016 - I haven't been allowed back into the Philippines (blacklisted) - but its possible to do now - once I'm cleared by Philippino Immigration - and have shown them that the US indictment has been dropped - alas it has been reported to me by my wife's brother - the boat is now in very bad repair - but maybe I can return one day - and get it fixed up again

twshoot67

Not sure what the criteria is to be part of the ole farts club, but beings I just retired after 39 years in the Plumbers Union Local #%^, I turned 60 and have been a journeyman since 1980 and started as an apprentice at age 10 working every summer from 6th grade on … well I felt I would meet that criteria? If not I’ll be sure to remove myself if necessary. Now that that long winded paragraph is over, let me introduce myself . My name is Tim, I grew up on the North east coast my life so far, was born in ‘63 have lived through what I feel were some heady times with the Vietnam war, peoples rights mainly people of color and women and that’s still going on. I was raised by the old school way of thinking. Brought up a catholic which in my opinion is like most religions like our government were invented for controlling. So as a young kid who loved sports grew up with football being my favorite until I stopped growing while my friends kept getting bigger I found Ice Hockey where I found beer and weed. First time I ever got high was our 9th grade class trip to 6 flags where that morning on the way to school to catch the buses to 6 flag I smoked 1/2 a joint of Hawaiian bud some senior sold me. Until then it was Mexican dirt weed or Colombian Gold. I never got high the first few times I smoked so not sure if it was actual weed but it had seeds. It probably was just very low thc . I probably went on too long already but sometimes that’s what I do I just like to talk about life and experiences. So let me know if you want me in or out of your club. No hard feelings either way. I just was hoping to meet some old heads who are world renowned growers that might give another old head some pointers as to the intricacies to growing weed. I’m pretty good with gardening without not knowing that much really technically just seem to make the right choices most times by looking at the plant. So hello to you all hope to make some new friend!

moose eater

My favourite - is staring at the carpet when contemplative - maybe I should try the ceiling?

- Brrrrr - too bloody cold for me at minus 37.7C moose 🫎 - I'd be scared 😱 of getting bitten by Jack Frost -
I think the ceiling offers a greater opportunity to permit the mind to make abstract shapes from the knock-down orange peel finish on the sheet rock.

And upstairs it's a vaulted ceiling (a mistake I'd not make ever again, btw), so all the greater influence on the abstract shapes from the sheet-rock finish while incorporating that sense of great expansiveness in the opening scenes from each 'Star Trek' episode.

More and more, however, especially at -55 f, it reminds me of all that cubic footage I have to heat that really serves no functional purpose other than to remind me of the differences in wisdom where the design of homes is involved between young people and old people. The younger me cost the older me a lot of money, I think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts