What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Patwillie

Worked for thousands of years until Western Man went all stupid in the 20th century.

5539e0dfb45262dd.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think the ceiling offers a greater opportunity to permit the mind to make abstract shapes form the knock-down orange peel finish on the sheet rock.

And upstairs it's a vaulted ceiling (a mistake I'd not make ever again, btw), so all the greater influence on the abstract shapes from the sheet-rock finish while incorporating that sense of great expansiveness in the opening scenes from each 'Star Trek' episode.

More and more, however, especially at -55 f, it reminds me of all that cubic footage I have to heat that really serves no functional purpose other than to remind me of the differences in wisdom where the design of homes is involved between young people and old people. The younger me cost the older me a lot of money, I think.
Must cost an arm and a leg to heat a house - when it's that cold - especially if you have a vaulted ceiling - with flying buttresses - it's only been a bit below freezing on just a very few nights here in London England - 🇬🇧 - so mild this winter again - that we've not turned any heating on - (other than electric blankets) - so far this winter - neither did we last winter -

moose eater

Putembk: - getting his hair done -

'Bout 1979 I was visiting my mother in Scottsdale, Arizona, and I applied for what I anticipated would be a short-term job that was so disappointing in its bait-and-switch reality once I met the people involved that I may omit that description.

Getting ready for the interview, the bushy horse's-tail-of-a- ponytail that went to my waist and the accompanying beard had to be done away with (the hair) or radically trimmed (the beard).

An old southern red-neck barber was cutting my hair at a mall barbershop, and the entire time he was cutting my hair (and you have to imagine a Louisiana drawl when you read this aloud) he kept saying over and over, "Powerful head of hair.... A powerful head of hair... A powerful head of hair..."

Samson?

I then got an old lime green Botany 500 sport jacket my mother had in storage that I'd once worn at age 15/16, taking some acid and weed from SW Michigan to NW Pennsylvania on a Greyhound bus (never smuggle on a Greyhound; more stories in line to validate that decision), and bought a pull-over, but dressy looking shirt with an embroidered hot air balloon on the front on it, and went to the motel room where the interview was supposed to take place.

The guy at the motel room disclosed that the 'job' entailed flying around as a group, or driving, and canvassing neighborhoods across the States to sell magazine subscriptions, and in a very thick Hispanic dialect, he showed me this sizable ring that looked like a class ring of sorts, and he told me that if I sold enough, "You can have a ring like this."

That was the end of my interest in his 'company.' for which I'd cut off numerous years' worth of hair. I figured I was already travelling the States more or less for free, without having to wear a silly suit or cut off years' worth of hair...

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I can get behind that idea if I get to choose the music.

Ok buzz, you’re in charge of the tunes. Jokerman of course the snacks so we don’t run out, @Unca Walt can you figure out the cost for this? There has to be enough room for boos and my doggos and so one will have to calculate the stops based on the smallest bladder (I can go about an hour and 45 minutes for the record) 🤪

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Not sure what the criteria is to be part of the ole farts club, but beings I just retired after 39 years in the Plumbers Union Local #%^, I turned 60 and have been a journeyman since 1980 and started as an apprentice at age 10 working every summer from 6th grade on … well I felt I would meet that criteria? If not I’ll be sure to remove myself if necessary. Now that that long winded paragraph is over, let me introduce myself . My name is Tim, I grew up on the North east coast my life so far, was born in ‘63 have lived through what I feel were some heady times with the Vietnam war, peoples rights mainly people of color and women and that’s still going on. I was raised by the old school way of thinking. Brought up a catholic which in my opinion is like most religions like our government were invented for controlling. So as a young kid who loved sports grew up with football being my favorite until I stopped growing while my friends kept getting bigger I found Ice Hockey where I found beer and weed. First time I ever got high was our 9th grade class trip to 6 flags where that morning on the way to school to catch the buses to 6 flag I smoked 1/2 a joint of Hawaiian bud some senior sold me. Until then it was Mexican dirt weed or Colombian Gold. I never got high the first few times I smoked so not sure if it was actual weed but it had seeds. It probably was just very low thc . I probably went on too long already but sometimes that’s what I do I just like to talk about life and experiences. So let me know if you want me in or out of your club. No hard feelings either way. I just was hoping to meet some old heads who are world renowned growers that might give another old head some pointers as to the intricacies to growing weed. I’m pretty good with gardening without not knowing that much really technically just seem to make the right choices most times by looking at the plant. So hello to you all hope to make some new friend!
I’m voting you in. Of course you fit in here. Our qualifications list is minimum. The folks on this thread are all nice and can help you with weed growing, cooking, health issues, knives, guns, choice of shoes marriage tips as well as many other interest. We do drift a lot. ✌️ Welcome to the club TW
Do you Have a garden at this time?

moose eater

Must cost an arm and a leg to heat a house - when it's that cold - especially if you have a vaulted ceiling - with flying buttresses - it's only been a bit below freezing on just a very few nights here in London England - 🇬🇧 - so mild this winter again - that we've not turned any heating on - (other than electric blankets) - so far this winter - neither did we last winter -
I went relatively cheap on the finish, but deep-pockets on the sturdiness, tightness, and insulation factors.

I probably spend 1/3 to 1/4 of what many with older or less tight and warm, smaller homes do, and 1/2 to 2/3 of what many spend with newer relatively warm homes do, seriously, heating what amounts to 2,500 sq. ft. when including the daylight basement.

But when #1 heating oil's up notably over $4/US-gallon, as it was earlier this winter, each load of 170-US-gallons that we haul puts a measurable dent in the funds. That #1 oil is back down at the moment to about $3.25/US-gallon, as of yesterday.

(We haul our own and use a 115-volt-AC transfer pump at the house to either transfer from the trailer's barrel bunk when I can pull up alongside the barn with the truck and trailer, or, in the winter, off-load the barrels in the driveway and haul the barrels up to the barn with a snowmobile and freight sled. We used to use a manual pump: OUCH! Even just the transferring barrels to a freight sled is something I now ask for my older son to swing by to help me with, as each barrel weighs about 221-lbs. or so).

When we built, we used up 4 retirements. I had a premonition about not being on the Planet too awfully long, so I wanted to build a home that was super solid and would provide serious, affordable warmth to my family for as little money as possible later on.

I've never understood why many in the US build to a minimum standard of insulation. It's one of the cheapest things you can add to a house. That, and a tight vapor barrier. Yet many end up spending 4 or 5 times what they really needed to over the course of decades on heat (and cooling).

"Penny wise and pound foolish".

Edit: I burn about an average of 650-US-gallons per 12-month period, for hot domestic water and heat. At $1.74/US-Gallon it's a lot more attractive than at $4.38.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
Ok buzz, you’re in charge of the tunes. Jokerman of course the snacks so we don’t run out, @Unca Walt can you figure out the cost for this? There has to be enough room for boos and my doggos and so one will have to calculate the stops based on the smallest bladder (I can go about an hour and 45 minutes for the record) 🤪
@SubGirl -- No prob: $11.95 on eBay
1706817608893.png

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m voting you in. Of course you fit in here. Our qualifications list is minimum. The folks on this thread are all nice and can help you with weed growing, cooking, health issues, knives, guns, choice of shoes marriage tips as well as many other interest. We do drift a lot. ✌️ Welcome to the club TW
Do you Have a garden at this time?
Don't forget about medical advice.