What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BubbasPlace

Well its only gonna cost me a little over $10,000 us to switch from hid to led.
Only to be using 20% less draw from the wall.
The maffs says its as stoopid as stoopid gets without the loss of production that is expected.
Including the expected loss of roughly 25% in production I am struggling to see any advantage in any area of the grow.

All I see is a large expense up front with no way to make up the deficit.
If I use less elec to produce less product how the fuck is that iproving?
Struggling here.
10 k? How many HID lights are you running?

oldfogey8

The maffs says its as stoopid as stoopid gets without the loss of production that is expected.
Including the expected loss of roughly 25% in production I am struggling to see any advantage in any area of the grow.

Struggling here.
I think for large scale growing for sale, you are spot on. For someone growing for personal use or, like me, just for the joy of growing(where yield is secondary or even tertiary), the heat generated by HID lights is a real problem. In the winter, HID would be a good synergistic option but for the rest of the year, I would need to run an AC unit in my basement(where my tent is). I’ve seen great flowers grown with even mid-grade LED’s but HID grown buds appear to be consistently beautiful. This observation coming from a guy currently using T5’s😁

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There is no way you can watch this without bustin' out laughing. Gotta have sound; the "helper's" laughter is infectious:

Funny stuff Unca Walt - sounds like 2 well fed English birds - locked themselves out probably -

Now - down in Australia they have these odd animals called Kangaroos - they get ornery and randy around humans -

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
IMG_8112.jpeg

BubbasPlace

That’s funny bubba. I can see that happening
Another odd smoking tale....many moons ago when you could smoke anywhere, I was coming down a grocery store aisle with a lady coming the opposite direction. I flicked the but to the floor, (common practice at the time) and the but hit the flood standing up on its end! Both of us stopped, looked and rolled on. That is the only time that happened, I've done the no cig in mouth stuck in lighter in pocket deal many, many times in my smoking and drinking days!

Bubba

jokerman

Premium user
I just buy them and don't eat them in support of the Girl Scouts and my waist. Grayfox will see that they don't go to waste.

We've donated heavily to the Scouts of both genders. Aside from money, I donated a 12' Jon boat and motor to the Boy Scouts last year and a 24' Columbia sloop to the Sea Scouts when we bought the Cascade.
Good Morning !

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

Struggling here.
Could you just buy them one at a time and see if they are worth it as far as the grow goes. That’s a lotta $$$