What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
@bigsur51 did you ever try the 00 pizza flour? I have a poolish in the fridge trying a new crust recipe but I just used bread flour no 00. I got a new pizza oven today that supposed to get to 800F which will help my pizza I think. It’s a small one and electric but I’m excited to try it anyways. We love pizza and eat it all the time.

not yet but soon!

what pizza oven did you get?..we are shopping for one

the 800 degrees will bring out the char…also look into a pizza stone for finishing off the bottom..

best I could do today , there is a shortage this year

IMG_2024-01-30-171546.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
We sure do. They have the biggest chicken breasts I’ve ever seen. I only get it a couple times a year because it’s not healthy but boy is that stuff good… the boys have eaten and seem to be quite content. We’re sitting in front of the fireplace and I as usual have a heating pad and ice pack on me… I have an appointment tomorrow to meet with my cancer doctors. They are going to discuss the MRI that I had to verify that the cancer is still gone… it’s always good hearing good news even if I have to pay $35 to hear it…😉

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Intermission.

Joke ahead…..

IMG_8099.jpeg

This is Daisy she's a two month old Queensland Heeler puppy.
I bought her as a surprise for my wife at Christmas.

However, it turns out that she is allergic to her, so now I have to find her a new home. Free to a good home.

Her name is Kristie, she's 55 years old, a beautiful caring woman and a great cook. She's good with kids and keeps a very clean home.

moose eater

Intermission.

Joke ahead…..

View attachment 18953082

This is Daisy she's a two month old Queensland Heeler puppy.
I bought her as a surprise for my wife at Christmas.

However, it turns out that she is allergic to her, so now I have to find her a new home. Free to a good home.

Her name is Kristie, she's 55 years old, a beautiful caring woman and a great cook. She's good with kids and keeps a very clean home.
Some of us lose out on sex later in life due to the body's degradation over the years... Others... well...

(*That was meant in jest...)

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
not yet but soon!

what pizza oven did you get?..we are shopping for one

the 800 degrees will bring out the char…also look into a pizza stone for finishing off the bottom..

best I could do today , there is a shortage this year

View attachment 18953079
Oh thanks for remembering the pic. Yes I can see that having a ton of them could be a real problem. Still pretty though in its own way to me.

I got this one
IMG_9516.jpeg
IMG_9515.jpeg

I haven’t been able to achieve a good char with my regular oven and pizza stone. Plus, I really don’t like cranking my oven up to 500. It smokes a little…. My pizza is still good and we eat it enough that I’m hoping it is a good investment. i may steel a little dough a day early to give it a try tomorrow. The dough takes three days to finish.

moose eater

Oh thanks for remembering the pic. Yes I can see that having a ton of them could be a real problem. Still pretty though in its own way to me.

I got this one
View attachment 18953083 View attachment 18953084

I haven’t been able to achieve a good char with my regular oven and pizza stone. Plus, I really don’t like cranking my oven up to 500. It smokes a little…. My pizza is still good and we eat it enough that I’m hoping it is a good investment. i may steel a little dough a day early to give it a try tomorrow. The dough takes three days to finish.
My wife still wants us to build a combination (old-style) wood-fired rock and mortar bread and pizza oven out back near the raspberry arbor, and to include a stone or brick barbecue attached to the side of it.

Some place here I have photos of an ancient oven like what I'm referring to, taken in Southwest Australia at a very old homestead there. Complete with tarantulas on the bedroom and shed walls.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
My wife still wants us to build a combination (old-style) wood-fired rock and mortar bread and pizza oven out back near the raspberry arbor, and to include a stone or brick barbecue attached to the side of it.

Some place here I have photos of an ancient oven like what I'm referring to, taken in Southwest Australia at a very old homestead there. Complete with tarantulas on the bedroom and shed walls.
That would be nice

moose eater

Stole the image from someone else's efforts. Easier that way.

1706665556058.png

More images of the homestead here:

And here:

Sun&Soil

I always wanted to build a brick oven, but times been limited. My pizza making skills consist of frozen crusts and sliced in half lengthwise Italian bread loafs. I can't forget campfire pockets. The cast iron ones that two slices of bread fits perfectly in and you close it up for a toasty pocket of goodness.

That's a shame because I'm a good cook and pizza is my favorite.

Leah wants to start making doughs and baking breads in a few years after retirement. She can't boil water without burning the pot. We shall see.. poor girl. I hope she proves me wrong for both her confidence in the kitchen and my munchies.

Latest posts

Latest posts