What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
In retrospect, with disparities between their mother's and my parenting styles, my wife being an easy push-over too often, with both me and them, leading to her not always reinforcing boundaries we'd/I'd set related to expectations, and giving in, leading to a 'good parent-bad parent' dynamic, as honey is always better than vinegar, and my expectations of hyper-adherence to many issues, sometimes security related, as a PTSD/OCD dope grower and long-time 'socially conscious anarchist' playing the role of neo-Ward Cleaver when not doing activism or delivering wholesale dope, and them seeing me always/frequently packing a gun, some amount of confusion and resentment was inevitable.

It's a weird overlap of worlds and priorities.

But we've mostly made it through the quagmires now. Thankfully. As they literally about killed me.
Thats a ballad right there with happiness ,hope ,dispair,drug filled,exotic, and some romance and danger into a story of about and during life.
Thats how Johny Cash started ( so I was told🙄)

moose eater

I thawed (started to thaw) a smaller pork loin with decent fat-cap on it for the initial purposes of doing another stuffed pork loin, with chopped mushrooms, chopped baby spinach, chopped celery, parmesan and goat cheese, and who-knows-what. The small size of it was going to hamper the amount of stuffing it might accept anyway.

Now I'm looking at it, half-thawed (it, not more), and thinking it's been a LONG time since I stir-fried any pork dishes, like a Cantonese (milder) pork dish, or, as my wife just suggested, some form of sweet and sour pork dish, without the battered pork; just stir-fried. With broccoli, celery, sliced sweet peppers, sliced cabbage, sliced sweet onions, mushrooms, etc., but the sweet and sour sauce, this time made with the Monk Fruit & Erythritol, with a touch of molasses for the brown sugar effect and a bit of red wine vinegar.

And while the meat's still just a bit frozen, it'll make it easier to slice and strip.

No, the munchies are NOT helping this moment.

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
the two on the far left or far right could be the trouble that I am looking for

IMG_8096.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
I thawed (started to thaw) a smaller pork loin with decent fat-cap on it for the initial purposes of doing another stuffed pork loin, with chopped mushrooms, chopped baby spinach, chopped celery, parmesan and goat cheese, and who-knows-what. The small size of it was going to hamper the amount of stuffing it might accept anyway.

Now I'm looking at it, half-thawed (it, not me), and thinking it's been a LONG time since I stir-fried any pork dishes, like a Cantonese (milder) pork dish, or, as my wife just suggested, some form of sweet and sour pork dish, without the battered pork; just stir-fried. With broccoli, celery, sliced sweet peppers, sliced cabbage, sliced sweet onions, etc., but the sweet and sour sauce, this time made with the Monk Fruit & Erythritol, with a touch of molasses for the brown sugar effect and a bit of red wine vinegar.

And while the meat's still just a bit frozen, it'll make it easier to slice and strip.

No, the munchies are NOT helping this moment.
I saw some folks take a pork loin and cut from about three inches from the top into three strips.
Then they braided it tied off the end with butchers string and gave it a rub .
I like a good rub on my loin....