What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

Beautiful bud, Boo.

Yep, adrenaline and anxiety, no matter where it's parked in the brain or soul, gets as old as too many years of doing too much coke.

(I attended BB's 73rd birthday tour up here, by the way, but a pertinent song for those transitions in life, like commercial growing, larger smuggling endeavors, coke, methedrine, etc.).

That it is, The Thrill is Gone

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Another day in the books. Did what I had to do..... Now gonna do what I want to do.

iu

moose eater

In retrospect, with disparities between their mother's and my parenting styles, my wife being an easy push-over too often, with both me and them, leading to her not always reinforcing boundaries we'd/I'd set related to expectations, and giving in, leading to a 'good parent-bad parent' dynamic, as honey is always better than vinegar, and my expectations of hyper-adherence to many issues, sometimes security related, as a PTSD/OCD dope grower and long-time 'socially conscious anarchist' playing the role of neo-Ward Cleaver when not doing activism or delivering wholesale dope, and them seeing me always/frequently packing a gun, some amount of confusion and resentment was inevitable.

It's a weird overlap of worlds and priorities.

But we've mostly made it through the quagmires now. Thankfully. As they literally about killed me.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I had a very lucrative operation going here for many many years but about three years ago I decided that I didn’t want to play the game nor did I want to pay the dues. Now I just grow for fun and the flowers, of course… I’ve got a friend that doesn’t live too far that grows phenomenal flowers and I smoke his when I don’t have mine… I can smoke his flowers for less than a cost me to grow my own… obviously he’s a good friend…😁 View attachment 18952999
Why is it wet?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Why is it wet?
I have no idea, as I mentioned earlier that is my buddies flower that I will smoke when I don’t have my own smoke… I will have to ask him that…
Glad and heart-warmed to read of older folks having endearing family relationships with youngsters, Boo.
I am very fortunate to have a very good grandson in spite of his mother who is a class a bitch. I am giving him her inheritance and have many fail safes to make sure that it doesn’t trickle down to my daughter… my grandson is an inspiring archaeologist who has gone to college for same… I am spoiling him to some extent because I am funding his excursions to the exotic lands where he likes to dig…

moose eater

I have no idea, as I mentioned earlier that is my buddies flower that I will smoke when I don’t have my own smoke… I will have to ask him that…

I am very fortunate to have a very good grandson in spite of his mother who is a class a bitch. I am giving him her inheritance and have many fail safes to make sure that it doesn’t trickle down to my daughter… my grandson is an inspiring archaeologist who has gone to college for same… I am spoiling him to some extent because I am funding his excursions to the exotic lands where he likes to dig…
My daughter's now an RN charge nurse, working on an MA in nursing administration and paid well (my mother was a nurse), though like many people in the US, she's struggling mildly with retaining some of that good pay for the rainy days ahead.

My youngest son is a well-compensated mechanic now, in demand, being offered well-compensated jobs for the coming summer that are unrelated to his past mechanic work. And able to keep himself busy outside of regular work when he is able to, but often now staying around his primary significant other as much as possible while she pursues her RN.

And my oldest son reminds me of me too much of the time in my early 20s, when I lived on the river, and the adage of the day was "Must is the motivator." The days of waiting until fall and winter to cut the winter's wood. Hard to criticize from the perspective I held back then, versus now. But he pays his bills and is finding his way.

And all of them, in their own context, with varying degrees of self-awareness (something I harped on for years; Socrates, "Know thyself" and CG Jung encouraging us to know '-all- of ourself' so we can acknowledge and embrace those parts that we might not like to brag about so much, in order to change them or be more genuine with others) have turned out to be kind people. So, as promised, in that regard, I see them as successes.

Latest posts

Latest posts