What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Almost fell out of my chair when I saw you didn't have them on the list.

You can sign me up for loaded nachos...
you will need to speak to her.
I put her in charge.
Looking to steer this post away from catheters and wounds
1706566075038.jpeg

moose eater

Don't mean to make anybody sick but this is a pic of a 3 finger Dup. Like I said I had all five done on both hands. Took months to heal and have full motion again.

hand-healing-from-dupuytrens-contracture-surgery.jpg
When they 'fixed' my right knee in 1991, there was a video recorded from inside my knee, of the arthroscopic tools and various parts of the procedure, but you could hear the Docs and nurses talking and listening to music.

The first thing, right off, the phone in the out-patient surgery room rings, and it's the surgeon's office, letting him know he has the wrong chart (In other words, not my file), and he assures her they'd already figured that out.

The rest of the procedure, as they're cutting and grinding away inside my knee, they're talking about favorite rock-n-roll, polygamy versus monogamy, etc.

I learned a lot about knee surgery and my health care team by watching that VHS tape. Though the otherwise private idiosyncrasies of my health care team's lives were far more infatuating.

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
When they 'fixed' my right knee in 1991, there was a video recorded from inside my knee of the arthroscopic tools and various parts of the procedure, but you could hear the Docs and nurses talking and listening to music.

The first thing, right off, the phone in the out-patient surgery room rings, and it's the surgeon's office, letting him know he has the wrong chart (In other words, not my file), and he assures her they'd already figured that out.

The rest of the procedure, as they're cutting and grinding away inside my knee, they're talking about favorite rock-n-roll, polygamy versus monogamy, etc.

I learned a lot about knee surgery and my health care team by watching that VHS tape. Though the otherwise private idiosyncrasies of my health care team's lives were far more infatuating.
When I had that surgery, they give baby boys I kept my eyes closed and screamed out in pain ,and no one listened..

moose eater

Cheater's low(er)-carb egg-nogg imposter:

1 jigger 46% (or whatever sort) spiced rum

1/2 to 1-1/2 tsp organic maple syrup

3 to 5 oz. of unsweetened (good quality) vanilla almond milk (I use Almond Breeze)

1 to 2 TBSP 40% heavy whipping cream

Stir

Enough ground nutmeg to taste it; maybe 1/16-tsp, +/-

Stir the maple syrup up really well with just the rum and syrup in the cup/glass, then add the rest of the stuff, and finally, about 3-4 decent-sized ice cubes.

Christmas whatever time of year, with substantially less damage to the glucose levels. No claims of protection to kidneys and liver, however...