What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
holy moly!

there is so much talent in this group that it is scary!

FFS , we could start some kind of Corporation

just turn me loose in the break room and I will take care of the coffee

engineers , master tradesmen , philosophers , and bunko steerers amongst us

I have no idea what the corporation name would be much less what would we be doing anyway…..

I guess I could always ask Irene

she is in a kinda pissy mood so I must tread lightly

View attachment 18952563
A come hither look with a possibility of different results

jokerman

Premium user
I visited a local pub the other night and overheard three very hefty women who were talking while seated at the bar.

Their accent seemed to be Gaelic; so I approached and asked, "Hello, are you three lassies from Ireland?”

One of them angrily screeched, "It's Wales . . . Wales, YOU bloody idiot!”

So, I apologized and replied, "I am so sorry. Are you three whales from Ireland?”

And that's the last thing I remember....

Why I dont go to bars

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Damn you all, I take a walk and I am 4 pages behind again.

I had a condition on my hand called Dupuytrens Contracture which requires major hand surgery. Here is a picture right after surgery. This was only one finger.....I had all five done on both hands.

The second surgery had complications and the surgeon had to rush because of tourniquet time. As a result I got a staff infection on my left ring finger. It was so bad they though they were gonna have to amputate it.

operation-scars-for-dupuytrens-contracture-C0H202.jpg

Drifting13

The woman with the handgun in the MRI. Wouldn't you know it, she's a 'cheesehead'. (No offense, lived in Wisconsin myself as a youngster, and loved the farm produce there, as well)..

Being born & raised in Shitcago and was called a BFI(Bastard From Illinois) by a Wisc. pig I can tell you all about cheeseheads... ;)

moose eater

12 years ago when I had my bowels resected, I got a massive septic infection and I damn near died. I had no food for 19 days and they pump me full of antibiotics until my skin began to crawl. I got my last rights and was sent home 19 days after the fact to die… I was strong enough to survive, but it did great damage to me and changed everything in my life… I just found out today that I’ve never had fried chicken until I moved down to Florida. I don’t know what the hell was wrong with my mother for not feeding it to me, but that’s what went down…
One of the more intense periods was waiting for the lab culture to come back, to see if what I had was antibiotic-resistant or not.

That, and I got the privilege of diagnosing my own post-op leaking urethra via circumstantial observations that they'd missed on the scans for the infections, because the area was so crowded with the infections and hematoma, so they couldn't see the urethra was leaking internally.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
There is a less invasive surgery and the condition returned on my left hand again. So I opted for the non surgical approach. Most painful thing I have ever gone through in my life. Requiring 20 shots of medicine and Novocaine directly into my finger.....this is my hand after the procedure.....

IMG_20221116_131025350.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

I had a condition on my hand called Dupuytrens Contracture which requires major hand surgery. Here is a picture right after surgery. This was only one finger.....I had all five done on both hands.

The second surgery had complications and the surgeon had to rush because of tourniquet time. As a result I got a staff infection on my left ring finger. It was so bad they though they were gonna have to amputate it.

Imagine that being done on all five fingers.

moose eater

Being born & raised in Shitcago and was called a BFI(Bastard From Illinois) by a Wisc. pig I can tell you all about cheeseheads... ;)
We lived in the country, outside of Shawano when I was tiny, and the German ethnic culture there was dynamite for homemade goods, as well as the cheese farms, beef farms with homemade sausages done old-school, etc.

Driving or riding a motorcycle through there (and some other areas, including rural Saskatchewan and Northern Manitoba) was always a treat; maple sugar candies, sausages made like they were 100 years earlier, local cheeses of so many varieties. Made fuel stops last a half-hour longer than they ought to.

Old school barns with stone-and-mortar foundations, and the farmers would have their wares in the coolers in the 'basement' under the barns in their own on-site retail stores in some cases.

And both wild and domestic berries and apple orchards.

Mmm.

Last edited:

moose eater

There is a less invasive surgery and the condition returned on my left hand again. So I opted for the non surgical approach. Most painful thing I have ever gone through in my life. Requiring 20 shots of medicine and Novocaine directly into my finger.....this is my hand after the procedure.....

View attachment 18952574
I had a former business partner get a sliver from treated wood on his deck, didn't pay any attention to it, and nearly lost his hand.

They filleted his finger and part of his palm open in the hospital with a fairly constant wash of saline and antibiotics.

We watched their son while he was in the hospital.

Your hand looks gruesome.

Drifting13

We lived in the country, outside of Shawano when I was tiny, and the German ethnic culture there was dynamite for homemade goods, as well as the cheese farms, beef farms with homemade sausages done old-school, etc.

Driving or riding a motorcycle through there (and some other areas, including rural Saskatchewan) was always a treat; maple sugar candies, sausages made like they were 100 years earlier, local cheeses of so many varieties. Made fuel stops last a half-hour longer than they ought to.

Old school barns with stone-and-mortar foundations, and the farmers would have their wares in the coolers in the 'basement' under the barns in their own on-site retail stores in some cases.

And both wild and domestic berries and apple orchards.

Mmm.
Any where close to New Glaris (SP) Wisc? Club I rode with has a Brother buried there...

moose eater

Any where close to New Glaris (SP) Wisc? Club I rode with has a Brother buried there...
Don't know where that is. We were near the small town of Shawano, and close to the Grass Lake Cheese Farm, close to Grass Lake, Wisconsin.

I have since, decades later, had a former friend down that way, pick up large quantities of sausages and cheese, maybe 15+ or even 20 years ago, and ship us a LARGE well-insulated box of cheese and meats from Stangelville, Wisconsin from Konop Meats.

Once you taste -real- old-school, aged summer sausage, all the non-aged, fat-laden, corporate, mass-produced trash in the store is inedible.

I have memories of seeing logs of summer sausage hanging from nails in our basement ceiling, encased in the white mold that grows on the outside of the casings. MAN!!!

That, and fresh potato rolls with Muenster or Colby Long Horn cheese and spicy mustard. A meal right there!!

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was the same ultimate answer in 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'!!
Coincidence? I think not..
I rest my case!
wasn't forewarned
So a guy tells his doctor that he wishes to be castrated and insists on it when his doctor tries to talk him out of it. In the recovery room he asks the patient next to him what he was in for and the patient told him that he was in to be circumcised.

The guy does a palm hit to his forehead and says, "Circumcision! Thats the word I was trying to remember!"

Holy shit Mon! I had the Dupuytrens Contracture on my ring finger fixed, but they didn't tear me up anywhere close to that bad.

Sun&Soil

Damn @Putembk I got a little queasy there. That looked awful. No chance of tying flies during that recovery time I'd have to imagine.

I played football on turf way back in high school and turf burns were a common affair. The turf was new and our coaches were inexperienced with it. The common practice was to spray us with some kind of fake skin when it would happen. All that ended up doing was trapping the bacteria that came with the turf inside with no way for the body to shed it.

I both had and saw some really disgusting infections from that. We had a team doctor that would shoot us up with antibiotics on a regular basis. You would think he would have figured out what was going on and recommended that shitty fake skin treatment be done with.