What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BubbasPlace

That's a tough one Jan. I hope all is well with your mom and you get to feeling better.

I live 3hrs from my mom and it's tough not being able to help in those situations. She has my sister there so that helps.
I am in exactly the same situation. 99 year old moms live a good 8 hrs away...direct flight on Southwest about 1.5 hours. Sister, retired lives about 10 mins away, but is over there most of the time. If not for her, I doubt she could still live in her own home, and would need some assisted living arrangement.

jokerman

Premium user
When I was young and stupid, I went to a party and had no knowledge of eggnog. I drank more eggnog, then a human should. Later in the evening, it came up with a vengeance, and I can never go near that stuff again with that memory.
Bubba, I just seed my lemon Betty the other day and I got lady friends in the tent. I don’t normally grow spindley plants but I’m gonna give us one to try.
"Even the spindley girls need to dance too" : joeb631a

Sun&Soil

Smoking weed is medicine for me. It keeps me from drinking. I'm a good drunk and have enjoyed my share of beverages. Problem is I say f it under the influence too often and that usually involves women. As much of a pain in the ass Mrs S&S is I love her and don't want to hurt her. It's best I smoke my herb and stay content. I make good decisions and stay out of trouble. I have preferred smoke over drink since that first inhale in my young teens. I've used it to control my drinking since the beginning.

I started getting drug tested at work and because of my responsibilities aka junior I stopped smoking. 15 years of drinking on the road gets expensive and does bad things to your health. I don't even want to talk about temptations.

This doesn't mean I stopped growing. I can live without the smoke, but my mental health therapy comes with the opportunity to watch these plants grow.

It's not easy saying no to samples, but they were reserved for the really nice harvests. The joy came in watching Mrs S&S.. aswell as others enjoy my smoke. Been away from the testing hell for 3yrs now and have only had a handful of drinks since. Alot less traveling these days. I'm starting to get my roots back. Time to get back to my property and plans.

@Boo Those giant mamajama plants you got hanging from your crazy exotic trees with heavy gauge chain is getting me motivated for spring. It's way to early to be feeling like this. Still in the dark up here but it's gaining

Last edited:

Sun&Soil

I am in exactly the same situation. 99 year old moms live a good 8 hrs away...direct flight on Southwest about 1.5 hours. Sister, retired lives about 10 mins away, but is over there most of the time. If not for her, I doubt she could still live in her own home, and would need some assisted living arrangement.
Got to love them sisters. Always got our backs.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I really dont know what to do, this regular seed thing I havent done in a long time. If more F/M show, or not, I think I will take the lower shoots, which are already coming right on up for clones, marking which is which. If enough females to clone and let go to seed with a male.

Or just put them all in the same tent for a natural seed harvest?

Bubba
I took some early clones off my last batch. Got lucky with a couple but not with more. I’ve got one that I still don’t know if it’s a girl or boy. It’s already big too so I’m just watching it I guess till it goes in flower 🤪
If they haven't shown sex yet and you want to flip. Like indicated # and take cuts. If you must flip do it. Try and take 4 cuts just in case.

jokerman

Premium user

All Woman Crew​

As the airliner pushed back from the gate, the flight attendant gave the passengers the usual information regarding seat belts, etc. Finally, she said, "Now sit back and enjoy your trip while your captain, Judith Campbell, and crew take you safely to your destination." Joe sitting in the eighth row thought to himself, "Did I hear her right? Is the captain a woman?" When the attendants came by with the drink cart, he said, "Did I understand you right? Is the captain a woman?" "Yes," said the attendant, "In fact, this entire crew is female." "My God," said Joe, "I'd better have two scotch and sodas. I don't know what to think of all those women up there in the cockpit." "That's another thing sir," said the attendant, "We no longer call it the cock pit. Now it's the box office."

BubbasPlace

Dang I hand carpal tunnel on both hands and I never regained strength in either hand. Mine didn't look bad though it was about 2 inches or so just above my wrist.
Get a couple of small squeezy rubber balls and keep squeezing them....lots of muscles in the hands. They can gain strength quickly. Pretty soon you'll be just like GI Joe with the kung fu grip!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Smoking weed is medicine for me. It keeps me from drinking. I'm a good drunk and have enjoyed my share of beverages. Problem is I say f it under the influence too often and that usually involves women. As much of a pain in the ass Mrs S&S is I love her and don't want to hurt her. It's best I smoke my herb and stay content. I make good decisions and stay out of trouble. I have preferred smoke over drink since that first inhale in my young teens. I've used it to control my drinking since the beginning.

I started getting drug tested at work and because of my responsibilities aka junior I stopped smoking. 15 years of drinking on the road gets expensive and does bad things to your health. I don't even want to talk about temptations.

This doesn't mean I stopped growing. I can live without the smoke, but my mental health therapy comes with the opportunity to watch these plants grow.

It's not easy saying no to samples, but they were reserved for the really nice harvests. The joy came in watching Mrs S&S.. aswell as others enjoy my smoke. Been away from the testing hell for 3yrs now and have only had a handful of drinks since. Alot less traveling these days. I'm starting to get my roots back. Time to get back to my property and plans.

@Boo Those giant mamajama plants you got hanging from your crazy exotic trees with heavy gauge chain is getting me motivated for spring. It's way to early to be feeling like this. Still in the dark up here but it's gaining
Well said...well written. I can relate.

Latest posts

Latest posts