What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Morning :coffee: :whee: :coffee:

Pool/greenhouse 80% done. The plastic on the outside is all pinned down. Plumbing for the solar water heater is mostly done. Just need to plumb in the 12v solar pump and wire it up to the solar charging system. Built and tested the solar pump and charging system last night. It works.

When the sun is out. The temps get up to 130f in there. Have a solar roof vent to keep it from going nuclear. Building a thermostatically operated off and on switch 12v system for it. Never built one before. Should be an interesting learning build. Just hope I have enough junk around here to build it. Trying to keep this build under a $1000.oo bucks. Getting really close to that mark....

Can see the sun peaking just below the horizon. Time to get the paperwork done and get at it....... AGAIN lol

:wave:

View attachment 19086855
Oh my. It was 40 years ago a local outfit was selling solar hot water rooftop setups. I had one installed on my house in Coral Springs, Floriduh. It was freakin' marvelous. Lived there for 15 years and it never needed maintenance.

What I remember was being on the roof washing off a broom. I opened the spigot on the side of the solar thingy and got live steam before boiling water. Was impressed. Zero electric bill for water heating all that time.

They disappeared off the market/radar. There are solar water systems, but they are markedly different -- divided between dirt cheap and Cadillac. The dirt cheap wouldn't last five years; the upscale would store the hot water on the roof.

What I had was a straightaway connection from roof (heater) to storage tank (original heater). I'd get one again if they were still made. Or not.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Better to be safe than sorry..;)
:good:
Thanks for chiming in DARKSIDER. You sound like you have spent time on the water. Fly Rod? I don't do anything like I used to. No big Rivers, no back packing trips.....no sleeping on the ground in a tent. Just give me a 3wt rod and beaver ponds with a dry fly and I am happy on a nice summer day.

Stick around my friend....I like having you here.

Unca Walt

420club

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Here is a picture of one of my all time favorite's. Caught this rainbow on a 3wt in a small bushy stream. Miracle I was able to land this beautiful fish. I can still easily do this kind of fishing.

945218_523704127692657_1831399116_n.jpeg

Unca Walt

420club
And I'd better document it before I forget (SOMS) Springtime Of My Senility --

I have discovered how to attain the absolute minimum to wasting any goodness. On the advice of sumbody here, I sent away for a SOLO II vape thingy.

Following their destructions, I ground up some of @Boo's Finest** and used the glass pipe like a plunger to fill the "bowl". Set the temp to 198C. Took a hit, exhaled into the Volcano bag. Repeat, casually. When the SOLO shuts off, just lay it down for the time it takes you to hit the Volcano bag until it is fairly clear.

Then turn the SOLO on and set it to 202. Take a coupla hits, exhaling in V-bag. Stop when the SOLO turns itself off the second time. Use up the bag.

Late Edit Add I Fergot: The "bowl" holds a pea-sized fluffy bit of ground weed.

Get on the Net and tell everybody how to get the most out of your stash.

**In the middle of all his troubles, he just took time out to help his old bud. A great guy.

Last edited:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Yeah and that private sector company will be giving those stranded astronauts a ride home in February I believe. The thing that gets me about NASA is that even though their current choice for a rocket (SLS) is , plaqued with problems (like the one that strand their astonauts), costs between 4-5 Billion per rocket, in production is known for delays, cost overruns and defects, NASA so far is sticking with them (Boeing). Rather then going with the rocket that only costs a few million to build, is reusable, has more power and cargo capacity, and is soon to be able to crank out one complete rocket ship per week. Hopefully now that SpaceX has proven they can catch their monster rocket, will quickly advance to the point of doing crewed missions, NASA will wake up and start going with the more powerful, more reliable, cheaper option and put the money they save towards some of the other big, expensive plans they have for the future, like a space station orbiting the moon, a moon base, landing men on Mars, landing on and perhaps one day mining asteroids, etc.
Boeing haven’t completed enough of the test requirements to get paid the $4 billion ”start money”
Whether they continue to burn money to prove their abilities is another matter

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Boeing haven’t completed enough of the test requirements to get paid the $4 billion ”start money”
Whether they continue to burn money to prove their abilities is another matter
Personally I think they and NASA should cut their loses and move on. Maybe if Boeing stopped building rockets they could get back to build decent jet airliners? I also would like to see them out of the picture because between the delays caused by Boeing and the FAA we've seriously fallen behind on our space objectives to the point where China might beat us.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a picture of one of my all time favorite's. Caught this rainbow on a 3wt in a small bushy stream. Miracle I was able to land this beautiful fish. I can still easily do this kind of fishing.

View attachment 19086917
I've caught bigger fish offshore, but my all-time favorite fishing experience was a 26" Steelhead on a flyrod in a back eddy of the Deschutes River. It took 45 minutes to net her, and we were both worn out.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
WICHITA, Kan., July 1, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Spirit AeroSystems [NYSE: SPR] ("Spirit") today announced it has entered into a definitive merger agreement under which The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] ("Boeing") will acquire Spirit for $37.25 per share in Boeing common stock (subject to the collar described below). At $37.25 per share, this represents an equity value of approximately $4.7 billion and an enterprise value of approximately $8.3 billion including Spirit's last reported net debt. The price of $37.25 per share represents a 30% premium to Spirit's closing stock price of $28.60 on February 29, 2024, the day before Spirit and Boeing issued press releases confirming they were in discussions regarding a potential transaction

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for chiming in DARKSIDER. You sound like you have spent time on the water. Fly Rod? I don't do anything like I used to. No big Rivers, no back packing trips.....no sleeping on the ground in a tent. Just give me a 3wt rod and beaver ponds with a dry fly and I am happy on a nice summer day.

Stick around my friend....I like having you here.
Yes Putembk: i love been on the water done the fly fishing sorry [[ rephrase]] tried it, and caught my friend in the neck so gave up on it on the advice of him :ROFLMAO: but i love a bit of fishing either from my boat or the rocks piers literally anywhere at one time,, now mainly from the boat a lot more easier at times on my back and not so hard carrying back to the car 100yds give or take from boat im getting old i think but love it yes m8 i will be around mainly lurking but here all the same, take care for now and use the cane too :good:
:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts